Motherwell V Ross County 13/12/14

Yabba's Turd

County were the much better team throughout but it's still an absolute sickener.

First 45 is among the worst 45 I can ever remember seeing. The work ethic, composure, desire and ability has not improved or increased at any point over the season.

Ainsworth may occasionally offer something going forward but is also one of the main reasons we lost the equaliser. Time and time again he chose the wrong option in the final 3rd.

Ferguson had a man running at him with no support for the last 30 minutes! Sutton may have scored but again offered nothing. Angol?! Just wow! I play 5's with better players.

Massive missed opportunity to give ourselves some breathing space and it was blown collectively and by the continual underperformaning of individuals.

I seen nothing today to suggest we are still anything other than completely fucked.

+1 but I was also disappointed with Law who spent the game pointing at everyone (yes just like Hately) to pick up players but he was left with nobody.

Really poor stuff for the most part but in Ojamaa and Ainsworth, we have two players capable of dragging us out of trouble. Hopefully we can hold onto the former and get some game time for the latter.

Baraclough seemingly has a reputation for playing football in the right way, hopefully he can transform a midfield that has became increasingly anonymous for the past 18 months.

The new era starts in Paisley.

Boy that scored the 2 County goals looked to have a bit of natural ability.

Baraclough seemingly has a reputation for playing football in the right way, hopefully he can transform a midfield that has became increasingly anonymous for the past 18 months.

The new era starts in Paisley.

Yep. Also his comments about the value of keeping possession will hopefully put an end to us inviting the opposition to play 'have the ball and try to score', which we insist on doing for the last 20 minutes of every game.

Honking first half, with a big improvement in the second, due to actually playing two wide men and having that extra bit of pace. Ainsworth made a massive difference.

Gutted to lose the late goal, but so be it.

Thought Law was outstanding today compared to the rest (bar Twardzik, again).

Vigurs had a rancid first half, but the folk cheering when he was subbed at half time? Fuck off. I don't have anything else to add, just fuck off.

• Like 1

There's huge frustration at losing the goal deep in injury time but let's be honest, if anyone was fortunate to come out of that game with a point it was us.

But for a couple of decent spells in either half, in particular when we got the goals, and looking dangerous on the break a couple of times I thought it was a very disappointing display from us.

The first half was just awful capped by losing the first injury time goal. The tactic of the long ball to Sutton's marker/out the park was ineffective and horrible to watch. Only Ojamaa looked anything like a threat.

The introduction of Ainsworth promised more in the second half and he initially delivered before returning to his frustrating best. Could have killed it with that chance after the sweeping pacy break - no complaints at the effort, but the lazy ball across the box later on when we we had people in good positions I'd be a degree more critical about.

County though were on top for fair spells even if I didn't feel hugely worried by their threat despite their dominance. It was only when Cardle came on and started giving Ferguson the runaround did I feel concerned.

We rode our luck with a scramble or two in the box and with the golden chance that came off the post and just when you thought we'd got away with it they pulled it out the bag.

It's a positive that they remain below us after today and in a weird sense I'm quite happy that Baraclough will have seen us today with plenty of our flaws and weaknesses exposed for all to see.

A very meek start to the new beginning.

Kenny Black is utterly clueless....I had a good feeling about the game today before it started, I thought we'd maybe see a couple of positive changes, but Black went with the same players and formation that has served us so poorly for the whole of this season. His substitutions had me utterly baffled as well, and we seemed to fall further and further back as the 2nd half wore on...

Sutton - I've never been a huge fan of his, but you can't argue with his goal scoring ratio last season in particular - but the man can not play up front on his todd, he has no pace, no movement and very limited ability.

Angol - I have no idea what this boy is, left back, left-mid....he's equally inept in both positions.

Vigurs - what is the point in this guy? People keep telling me he's creative and shouldn't be expected to track back, but all I see is a lazy bastard who thinks he's better than he is, he creates very little as far as I can see

Twardzik - I'll get it in the neck for this yin BUT....he won't come off his line, you can be the best shot-stopper on the planet, but if the defence have no confidence in you coming to take a cross, then they will defend deeper and deeper and deeper - which is ultimately what happened AGAIN this afternoon

Kenny Black is utterly clueless....I had a good feeling about the game today before it started, I thought we'd maybe see a couple of positive changes, but Black went with the same players and formation that has served us so poorly for the whole of this season. His substitutions had me utterly baffled as well, and we seemed to fall further and further back as the 2nd half wore on...

Sutton - I've never been a huge fan of his, but you can't argue with his goal scoring ratio last season in particular - but the man can not play up front on his todd, he has no pace, no movement and very limited ability.

Angol - I have no idea what this boy is, left back, left-mid....he's equally inept in both positions.

Vigurs - what is the point in this guy? People keep telling me he's creative and shouldn't be expected to track back, but all I see is a lazy bastard who thinks he's better than he is, he creates very little as far as I can see

Twardzik - I'll get it in the neck for this yin BUT....he won't come off his line, you can be the best shot-stopper on the planet, but if the defence have no confidence in you coming to take a cross, then they will defend deeper and deeper and deeper - which is ultimately what happened AGAIN this afternoon

Sutton and Angol I agree.

Vigurs can be a real benefit to the team but we need to have a team around him that essentially lets him float about and ping passes around while a couple of other midfielders to the dirty work.

Twardzik. Totally disagree. Had another great game today. The reason we sat deeper and deeper was the non existent midfield and poor choices of our front men which led to us losing the ball in the last 5/10 mins.

1418495689[/url]' post='427012']

Sutton and Angol I agree.

Vigurs can be a real benefit to the team but we need to have a team around him that essentially lets him float about and ping passes around while a couple of other midfielders to the dirty work.

Twardzik. Totally disagree. Had another great game today. The reason we sat deeper and deeper was the non existent midfield and poor choices of our front men which led to us losing the ball in the last 5/10 mins.

Surely we have that in Carswell and Lasley, but Vigurs is still totally ineffective...he dilly-dallies on the ball more often than not and creates hee-haw.

I think most will disagree with me on Twardzik, but I want my goalkeeper to be commanding....he most certainly isn't.

Yeah we should have it with Carswell and Lasley you are right. The best games I have seen Vigurs play is sitting in front of the midfield with two sitting midfielders. Carsy does it but Las is asked to push forward too which then leaves Vigurs having to deal with defence which he just ain't good at.

Not saying we should do it but that seems to be the only way to get the best out of him.

Not many keepers come off their line these days. We were defending deeper and deeper because we were trying to hold a 2-1 lead in the last few minutes. Seen it time and time again watching Motherwell even when we had Randolphs and Dykstras in goal.

Twardzik's kicking was shocking today but frankly any decent manager would be telling teams that the goalkeeper does not kick the ball out anyway.

Good teams roll the ball out and build from the back like Celtic did every time last week and even Ross County were doing it this week.

Dan had some great saves again, but when the opposition is putting us under pressure with corner after corner , that's when you need a goalie to come for cross balls.

Ainsworth must be the laziest player to wear claret and amber since Paul Kinnaird. Hope the new boss can instil some worth ethic into his undoubted ability, then he will be an asset .

• Like 1

Hope he goes he's not doing us any favours in staying we need a NEW management set up to help the NEW manager. We desperately need a fresh imputus on training tactics fitness in fact just about every part of our footballing side needs overhauled. Please do the honourable thing Kenny Black and LEAVE.. <_>

There's always a lot of blame thrown Vigurs and ainsworths way for their lack of protection to the defence and rightly so. But deary me lasley and carswell were equally culpable today. How many times did Dingwall find space between them and our centre halfs, particular in the last half hour. Ps lasleys attempt at controlling the ball that led to Ross county's shot against the post was truly horrific.

1418499854[/url]' post='427030']

Hope he goes he's not doing us any favours in staying we need a NEW management set up to help the NEW manager. We desperately need a fresh imputus on training tactics fitness in fact just about every part of our footballing side needs overhauled. Please do the honourable thing Kenny Black and LEAVE.. <_>

I 'm not sure but would the manager not devise training regimes /fitness work etc,the assistant would carry out his orders.Maybe the new guy will have more emphasis on fitness and hard work.There is ability inI the team, so hopefully with some fitness work , we can progressThere are some guys who wouldn't look out of place in 3rd division , unfortunately

Mon the Barra

It was so obvious that they had two players no 7 and 30, when Carey came on we were screwed apart from 5 mins when law came over to cover Ferguson and Ainsworth went over to the other wing.

After we went up we were needed to cover these 2 what did we do put on Erwin. Its obvious Black has no idea of tactics. Which combined with last weeks subs proves the point he should do the honorable thing and leave as McCall did his influence can only be damaging.

As for Vigurs a player we cant afford to carry in a dogfight, i hope we have seen the last of him.

Need a good wide midfielder that can replace Ainsworth who is a threat and would be better up top but useless covering back, long ball to Sutton needs to be ditched asap.

Just my opinion first half today was the worst of the season