Motherwell V Ross County 13/12/14

Yabba's Turd

You'd think having the new gaffer in the stand to impress that the players would have been well up for this, however that was fucking shocking today. County are bottom of the league yet had 20 shots at goal to our 6, 11 corners to our 1 and a whopping 60% possession.

Such a lack of confidence and belief in our team. Not helped by Black having Sutton up front by himself for large spells with us constantly aiming hopeful long balls in his direction. How Black watched the impact Erwin and Ainsworth had against Celtic and felt neither deserved a start today is laughable. He's just a continuation of McCall and we really need Baraclough to come in and asses things with fresh pair of eyes. No favourites, no certain starters, just picking the best 11 available in the formation that best suits them. The 1st half today was just so bad. Slow, predictable and just outright boring. Given we were at home to the league's bottom side Black's tactics, which looked like he was playing for the draw, were fucking shameful.

The difference Ainsworth made again was noticeable. A winger that can get to the byline and put a decent cross in and Sutton's made a career out of this level scoring that type of goal. Sutton may have many flaws but if you stick decent balls into the box he'll get on the end of things and puts the ball in net. We then had a wee spell where we looked half decent. A lovely goal by Ojamaa who again was the focal point of most of our attacks and Ainsworth had a chance to wrap up the points after a quick break but dragged his shot wide. Ainsworth then proceeded to get worse and worse and after a promising first 20 mins was fucking awful for the remainder of the game picking the wrong option again and again. The team then resorted to camping on the edge of their own box again and County's equalizer was as inevitable as it was deserved. We rode our luck several times and our luck ran out at the end.

Frustrating, again when Ainsworth came on and we equalized we had a wee spell on top where him and Ojamaa were combining well and we looked half decent. Sadly we soon reverted to type. We have shown in very brief flashes under Black that there's a half decent decent team in there somewhere. 2nd half against United in the league, 1st half in the cup game and wee spell round about our goals today. Not as good as we have been in recent season but good enough to avoid the drop. Hopefully the new manager with new ideas can install some organization and some belief into the team.

Not good enough today overall though, can't imagine too many players impressed the new manager today. O'Brien, Ojamaa and Law were about the only three I'd give pass marks to. Big improvement needed for Paisley next week, hopefully Baraclough can shake things up and get the players fired up for that one.

• Like 1

You'd think having the new gaffer in the stand to impress that the players would have been well up for this, however that was fucking shocking today. County are bottom of the league yet had 20 shots at goal to our 6, 11 corners to our 1 and a whopping 60% possession.

Such a lack of confidence and belief in our team. Not helped by Black having Sutton up front by himself for large spells with us constantly aiming hopeful long balls in his direction. How Black watched the impact Erwin and Ainsworth had against Celtic and felt neither deserved a start today is laughable. He's just a continuation of McCall and we really need Baraclough to come in and asses things with fresh pair of eyes. No favourites, no certain starters, just picking the best 11 available in the formation that best suits them. The 1st half today was just so bad. Slow, predictable and just outright boring. Given we were at home to the league's bottom side Black's tactics, which looked like he was playing for the draw, were fucking shameful.

The difference Ainsworth made again was noticeable. A winger that can get to the byline and put a decent cross in and Sutton's made a career out of this level scoring that type of goal. Sutton may have many flaws but if you stick decent balls into the box he'll get on the end of things and puts the ball in net. We then had a wee spell where we looked half decent. A lovely goal by Ojamaa who again was the focal point of most of our attacks and Ainsworth had a chance to wrap up the points after a quick break but dragged his shot wide. Ainsworth then proceeded to get worse and worse and after a promising first 20 mins was fucking awful for the remainder of the game picking the wrong option again and again. The team then resorted to camping on the edge of their own box again and County's equalizer was as inevitable as it was deserved. We rode our luck several times and our luck ran out at the end.

Frustrating, again when Ainsworth came on and we equalized we had a wee spell on top where him and Ojamaa were combining well and we looked half decent. Sadly we soon reverted to type. We have shown in very brief flashes under Black that there's a half decent decent team in there somewhere. 2nd half against United in the league, 1st half in the cup game and wee spell round about our goals today. Not as good as we have been in recent season but good enough to avoid the drop. Hopefully the new manager with new ideas can install some organization and some belief into the team.

Not good enough today overall though, can't imagine too many players impressed the new manager today. O'Brien, Ojamaa and Law were about the only three I'd give pass marks to. Big improvement needed for Paisley next week, hopefully Baraclough can shake things up and get the players fired up for that one.

Absolutely spot on.

Have to agree with all your points but also add anyone that defends Vigurs display in the 1st half is deluded. Worst performance of a Motherwell player I csn ever recall for lack of talent and idleness.

• Like 1

Have to agree with all your points but also add anyone that defends Vigurs display in the 1st half is deluded. Worst performance of a Motherwell player I csn ever recall for lack of talent and idleness.

Yeah lets not defend a player who clearly struggled to walk from about 15 mins due to injury..... he was rotten but being injured is no excuse.....!!

Even though he was injured and didnt play overly well, he still strung more forward passes than any other midfielder in the team....

If you are happy going week in week out watching Lasley, Carswell, Josh Law et al performing the mind numbing hoofball football then fire away, but me I like watching actual footballers try to get on the ball and try to make something work.

• Like 3

How long has Angol got left on his contract? I've tried to defend him in the past but he's clearly not good enough.

He's out of contract in the summer.

He actually played really well against Celtic a couple of weeks ago and then he's absolutely shite against Ross County.

He's so inconsistant I don't know what I'd do with him.

Yeah we should have it with Carswell and Lasley you are right. The best games I have seen Vigurs play is sitting in front of the midfield with two sitting midfielders. Carsy does it but Las is asked to push forward too which then leaves Vigurs having to deal with defence which he just ain't good at.

Not saying we should do it but that seems to be the only way to get the best out of him.

We have a 21 year old Carswell playing a holding roll in midfield who offers very little in creative/attacking football and yet we expect Lasley 35 year old to run all over the park to make things happen ?????

Vigurs I agree lacks a defensive side to his game and can be infuriating watching him on the park and I don't think he was fully fit yesterday (ever)

The midfield has been cut and changed constantly all season

We have McCall and now Black a bad record playing players out of position in midfield especially and not giving youth a chance

Yesterday we were lucky to take anything from the game.......and as mentioned by some other posters there seemed to be a total lack of interest/urgency commitment in the first half bearing in mind the new manager was sitting in the stand.

We bring on the only player at the club with a bit of pace and surprise surprise we create a few chances and score....who again can be infuriating and it shows why he has had so many clubs and is at FP

Again another late goal, which by my timing was scored over the 93rd minute, in aditional time added on by Gollum for the substitution in added on time by Black bringing on Cadden.........both Erwin and Cadden should have been on much earlier......

and how Sutton got a full 90 minutes again is a mystery to me.......

When listening to Barraclough's remarks about looking to play football and giving his players the freedom to express themselves without worrying unduly about making mistakes - as long as they were prepared to work hard - it was Vigurs who immediately sprang to mind.

If Vigs could avoid the niggles he's had since he came here and up his work rate a notch I wonder if he could be an important player under the new manager.

siebs ,,,,, I too like watching skillfull football players plting there trade ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, A DONT LIKE WATCHING LAZY SHYSTER BATSTEWARD football players plying there trade :wallbash: :wallbash:

Hardly a shyster...... One of the only players to actually want to get on the ball and play the game. Aye he gets caught on the ball and isn't defensive minded but the stick he takes is ridiculous.

How many assists or goals had Lasley got or how many forward passes does he make. Vigurs still played the best passes in our team yesterday on his 45 min injured cameo.

I am not scared to admit I'm a fan of his but I pay my money to watch players like him and Henrik, give me that any day over Las, Carswell and Sutton.

Hardly a shyster...... One of the only players to actually want to get on the ball and play the game. Aye he gets caught on the ball and isn't defensive minded but the stick he takes is ridiculous.

How many assists or goals had Lasley got or how many forward passes does he make. Vigurs still played the best passes in our team yesterday on his 45 min injured cameo.

I am not scared to admit I'm a fan of his but I pay my money to watch players like him and Henrik, give me that any day over Las, Carswell and Sutton.

Bravo Vigurs wasn't good yesterday indeed he was pretty poor but he was the only player in our team who made any positive forward passes in that horrible first 45 minutes. A midfield combination of lasley and carswell albeit combative will not create chances to win us games because neither of them can pass a ball for toffee.

[/quote

Whit ...Vigurs was feckin pish yesterday he could not string 2 passes to a motherwell player together, did no tracking back, did mot look interested, i am surprised he lasted 45 mins before being subbed. And another thing if he was injured why did he start. I agree he has abillity but yesterday it never showed, he was pish from the start.

Tbh I don't know how many he has, with the lack of goals this year I would say hee haw.

I know he has one goal... More than Lasley who is our main attacking midfielder at the moment or Carswell.

He's got two goals and zero assists.

The reason we are the lowest scorers in the country is because the guys who were supposed to provide the creativity - vigurs, law and ainsworth - have been utterly useless all season.

The full team were pish yesterday in the first half and I never said Vigurs played well, my point is he played a few passes to our players in space creating atracks, no one else does or did. If anyone couldn't see Vigurs was playing with an injury yesterday then I give up. Why was he playing, how the fuck should I know I'm not Kenny Black.

Lasley has been our most forward midfielder past three games and has offered nothing.

Off the top of my head Vigurs played 2 maybe 3 lovely balls over the Ross county defence to Angol to run onto. No one else was making those balls and pushing forward. Yes, he also lost the ball and dallied on it a few times. It depends what you look at and decide to concentrate on....

As for the second goal we conceded. Just watched it..one of the errors....Dingwall was Lasley's man and he tracked him all the way back and then just wandered off him leaving him unmarked in the box. Pish from our most experienced player. He had, I thought otherwise and a decent hard working game.