Motherwell V Ross County 13/12/14

Yabba's Turd

We've played 20 games. He has played for more than a hour 8 times.

With our squad size we can't afford to carry any passengers.

Didnt you ask someone how many goals and how many assists vigurs has as a way to justify why you think he's poor?

Apparantly you dont rate Ainsworth either so best apply the same evaluation criteria. How many does Ainsworth have? Two assists from his 45minute spell yesterday alone i believe

Didnt you ask someone how many goals and how many assists vigurs has as a way to justify why you think he's poor?

Apparantly you dont rate Ainsworth either so best apply the same evaluation criteria. How many does Ainsworth have? Two assists from his 45minute spell yesterday alone i believe

I like Ainsworth and think he's a far better player than Vigurs but he's no use if he's not on the park.

Both McCall and Black seemed reluctant to use him this season which is puzzling as they knew what they were getting them they gave him a deal in the summer.

• Like 1

Ainsworth is another that can't/ wont cover, but has an eye for a goal he has the ability you saw it when he was looking for a contract but once he got it his performances went down. Hopefully a new manager will get him playing and scoring for us, but so many clubs in his career speaks for itself.

Even with his cameo appearances still more creative than Vigurs

As I've mentioned in another thread, Saturday was my first game since St Mirren on the opening day.

It didn't fill me with confidence at all; the players were holding on for dear life at the back and Ainsworth wasted several chances to keep the ball in County's half. We had a few breaks where we could have killed them off and either missed or played the wrong ball. Frustrating, but if we can be more clinical we'll improve.

As a final point, that's the WORST half time reception I've heard a Motherwell team have since the days of Malpas.

I don't think we are capable of putting out a competent midfield, which is McCalls fault.

I think we definitely are, it's just that for our best midfielders to flourish, we need to make sacrifices elsewhere, i.e. up front or in defence. I'd argue more that we can't play a balanced midfield four, and need to look for alternative ways of lining up.

Leitch - Lawson

Ainsworth - Vigurs - Henrik

Erwin

That would be my forward 5 choice tbh when all fit. Two players holding, Vigurs in a position to hurt teams and Lionel and Henrik on the flanks.

Agree with all of that bar Leitch. I just don't see it with him yet. He has had a couple of good games but the rest have been honking.

I think he will come good but needs to be eased into the team. For me, Carswell is in all day long. He does a lot of work in tracking and blocking which some people just don't seem to see or, if they do, don't value it. His passing needs to improve however.