Motherwell Bois Food Drive

Bop

Motherwell Bois Food Drive - Saturday 13th December.

Motherwell Football Club were formed in 1886 when the 2 main work teams Glencairn and Alpha merged to create a club which could represent the town at a higher footballing level, and for the past 128 years have been at the heart of the community.

Unfortunately in recent years unemployment has been on the rise within our community and recent studies show 1 in 4 children in the Motherwell and Wishaw area now live in poverty.

We believe that as supporters of Motherwell FC we have a duty of care to support, not only the football team, but the local community in these times of financial hardship.

The need for a united community which strives to work together has never been greater.

For this reason we have decided to organise a food bank collection which will take place before this Saturdays match at Fir Park between Motherwell and Ross County.

All donations will go towards Basics Food Bank which operates throughout North Lanarkshire.

The aim of Basics Food Bank is to reach out to those in crisis with the provision of a food parcel and toiletry items.

We understand that times are tough, particularly in the run up to Christmas, however we would like to encourage fellow 'Well fans to give what they can.

Where to find us - Outside the Davie Cooper Stand / The Well Shop from 1:30pm up until kick off!

What to bring - Non perishable food! The following items are desirable: tinned custard, tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned fish, super noodles, soup, beans, life long milk, pasta sauce, instant coffee, tea bags, biscuits and any basic toiletries. Please note, this list is advisory but not exhaustive.

• Like 13

Well done guys. I got a few things when I was in the supermarket tonight and I'll drop them off tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be one of many.

Will you have anybody out at the pavement that can maybe quickly grab a few bags rather than lugging them from wherever I manage to park? Just being lazy ;-)

10428471_10154910408110524_8472142591250315630_n.jpg?oh=7b4409f51e60b049c6c00130af707400&oe=5542661A&__gda__=1426451071_5de91a3655a7171c4df0d061c98dfa06

Overwhelmed with that today. Thanks to everyone who brought something along with them and for all those who donated cash. Over £100 at the last count and a van fit to burst with scran. For anyone who missed today and would like to still donate can do so directly at the Maranatha centre next to Jack Daniels.

Edited to add: A good effort from the new gaffer too dropping off a couple of bags and taking the time out to have a chat with the fans, quite encouraged with what he had to say.

• Like 11