Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

Thought he might get the job purely because his wage demands might be lower than the other five. That's not to say that he won't turn out well, hopefully his previous scouting position will be of great benefit to us.

According to this mornings Express and Star , Ian Baraclough is the new manager of the club ..let me be the first to wish him every success in the job.

Kenny Black will be his No.2

You realise that papers have been wrong before and you might have at least waited for an official confirmation...?

If it is true im delighted though! The cheap option AND we get to keep Black. The players will be fuckin delighted,,still no need to keep themselves as fit a "professional" athlete should be and hopefully no impact on Golf/Nandos time. Win/win all round

• Like 3

If it is true im delighted though! The cheap option AND we get to keep Black. The players will be fuckin delighted,,still no need to keep themselves as fit a "professional" athlete should be and hopefully no impact on Golf/Nandos time. Win/win all round

Indeed, am looking forward to.....fuck all, perhaps relegation? Black and co need to move on, same old same old..yawn.

If it is Baraclough with Black as his no 2 then think how worse it could have been, Butcher would have brought Malpas back with him.

If he has the job then all the best to him he needs to hit the ground running and get the team back on track. The fans should all get behind him and the team

• Like 1

£100 down but that's no fault of his. Good luck to the guy.

It's an underwhelming appointment but that is not necessarily a bad thing and I do have faith in Weir's judgement. Imperative that he gets off to a good start given the scale of the game, onus is on players to step up and start delivering.

Mention for Kenny Black. He's conducted himself well during the interim period.

In many respects this is possibly the worst possible appointment we could have made (if true). We are crying out for excitement to re-engage fans, players etc. like it or not, a recognised name like vdg would have got bums on seats and peaked the interest. Picking somine the vast majority of us never heard of before from a scout position in the lower reaches of english football smacks of a lack of ambition and attempt to raise the stature of the club. I like many others feared fan ownership would be likely to whittle away any standing of the club even further and whilst those views may not be liked on these boards, the lack of bums on seats suggests I'm not alone in my thinking. Not impressed at all.

Fair point Superward. But based on past performance from Managers from league of Ireland.

I will judge him like most on how he does in the job. We all hope it is an inspired choice, but most were expectingand believed VDG was the man. Would not surprise me if he was but we could not agree terms or maybe we did only offer the job to Ian Baraclough...

In many respects this is possibly the worst possible appointment we could have made (if true). We are crying out for excitement to re-engage fans, players etc. like it or not, a recognised name like vdg would have got bums on seats and peaked the interest. Picking somine the vast majority of us never heard of before from a scout position in the lower reaches of english football smacks of a lack of ambition and attempt to raise the stature of the club. I like many others feared fan ownership would be likely to whittle away any standing of the club even further and whilst those views may not be liked on these boards, the lack of bums on seats suggests I'm not alone in my thinking. Not impressed at all.

Is that the same bums on seats we didn't get when we finished best of the rest for three consecutive seasons and had a club legend in McFadden playing for us?

I'm a bit nonplussed about it. Proof is in the pudding & all that. If he works out as well as the last few appointments then we'll do fine.

More likely it smacks of appointing someone who is prepared to work under the budget constraints that are around the corner and a salary that might not have appealed to either Butcher or Van Der Gaag.

There is also the small matter of having an entire squad out of contract in the summer and if he is/was a scout in England then he must have a sh1tload of info on players that would fit in at Motherwell like Gannon before. Just maybe not as much of a headcase.

Is that the same bums on seats we didn't get when we finished best of the rest for three consecutive seasons and had a club legend in McFadden playing for us?

Was literally just typing this.

The guy would appear to have a good knowledge of players in the lower leagues, which Gannon fully utilised.

Wasnt at the interview so dont know about his footballing philosophy etc.

We have a recent record of revitalising Managers' careers - Lets hope its the same here.

Fully behind the guy and good luck to him.

Not bothered in the slightest if I have heard of him before and tbh probably prefer that over a vanity appointment.

Everyone has to start somewhere.