Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

Right behind him, great first interview! If we'd appointed Ian Murray on the back of doing ok with Dumbarton there would be general approval at us getting a hungry young manager in the mould of Hartley. Yet a 44 year old with a good record in England and a miracle working record in Ireland get's labelled uninspiring? Excellent appointment, and exactly the kind of appointment that has been serving us well for a decade. Just hope the players commit themselves.

To have already been deemed a failure on the day he's appointed is a new low, even for this place.

Good luck, Ian. You've already got a hard enough job getting a team low in confidence and bang out of form away from the relegation zone. You've also got to try and win over ignorant people who will never give you a chance and revel in every opportunity to highlight any mistakes. You could turn out to be the greatest manager we've ever had or worse than Maurice Malpas but, ultimately, you'll never be good enough in some people's eyes.

I hope you are able to galvanise the players and enjoy nothing but success in your time at the club. We have a core of supporters truly worthy of the name and they will give you all the backing you deserve.

It's a fresh start and an exciting new chapter about to begin. All the best!

• Like 7

That you tube football mon dial video was excellent as was the mfctv one.Tbh I was hoping for him, I know it's a risk but for me he ticked the boxes - energetic, scouting links, some good experience as a manager, I was struggling to motivate myself to come along to fir park this season just because of the way things have been happening. There have even been days when I dragged myself to my seat in the cooper stand reluctantly and felt worse after. We have been poor.Stuart McCall did a wonderful job & is a Motherwell legend - who can forget the singing and celebrations in the Olympic stadium in Athens - outnumbered by riot police. But he did is best and the best for the club - to me his tactics and player signings have been great my only doubts wee on his ability to motivate/organise especially in one off games which occasionally just seemed to fail. He did the right thing for himself and the club in resigning.Hopefully ian baraclough can build on this with our limited and prob getting smaller resources as we in the well society look to move MFC forward.

Good luck Ian and welcome to MFC

Welcome Iain, I wish you every success. If you can do it for half the money, sell academy players for £5m each and win the Champions League that would be pretty cool.

Just be aware that there will always be some on here who will find fault often using conjecture and based on Chinese whispers, accept this will happen and you will receive comments like "well we were unbeaten this season and won the treble, but that 3-0 win over Rangers should have been 5"

I'll moan the face off you after a terrible display or result but to moan and slate a guy when he's just in the door is unbelievable.

The future of our club is in this guys hands so let's have a bit more positivity and support please, at least until such a time that we can actually judge Baraclough as a manager and that will be season 2015-16.

• Like 1

Welcome Iain, I wish you every success. If you can do it for half the money, sell academy players for £5m each and win the Champions League that would be pretty cool.

Just be aware that there will always be some on here who will find fault often using conjecture and based on Chinese whispers, accept this will happen and you will receive comments like "well we were unbeaten this season and won the treble, but that 3-0 win over Rangers should have been 5"

Aye aye.

Boring.

Cant help but think he's a bit Gannon-esque!!

Quite happy with this, the whole place needs a shake up!! Good luck to him.

My thoughts also. Gannon's time at the club did not work out but the idea was absolutely the right one. I thourougly enjoyed Gannon's time at the club so if Baraclough could bring better man management qualities I will be delighted. The interview is impressive. Articulate and upbeat. Welcome Ian!!!!!!!

Intrigued by Infamous wee Grafters comment about the no 2. JG could not be on his way back could he?

Definitely has a Gannon II feel about it. Given our current club requirements, would appear to be a far more sensible appointment than McCall - who comes from the Wattie Smith school of management - was. Looks like we will FINALLY be developing youngsters to move on for profit, a remit that Dempster's regime for the most part failed to achieve.

Looking forward to seeing what this guy can do and already enjoying his positivity