Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

Whilst Baraclough hasn't had long and has a huge amount of injuries to contend with, for me he has missed the fundamentals of what you should do when your struggling i.e pack the midfield, protect the defence and try to stop losing goals. Today we are (or were until Ojamma fancied a way out) playing with what is essentially 4 forwards, no bloody surprise the defence is under pressure and no surprise Lasley ends up running around like a headless chicken trying to do the work of 2 or 3. Not a popular move but given the injuries I would have played Reid in midfield with Las and Carswell, dropped Ainsworth and kept Watt at left back. Stating the obvious but we are in big big trouble, particularly with Ojamma now suspended and then maybe offski. Had thought until the Accies game that we had enough about us to escape, however I'm not so sure now. I also believe 2 teams will go down as whoever from the Championship makes the play off final (likely to be Rangers or Hibs) will deffo beat 2nd bottom the SPL. Worrying times......

Van Der Gaag was the right man at the wrong time apparently due to his insistence on changing the Club from the bottom up. The board have fucked up here spectacularly by the looks of it unfortunately.

Definately looks that why. Gone for the cheap option and its looking like an almighty cock up

Definately looks that why. Gone for the cheap option and its looking like an almighty cock up

The cheap option but you also have to consider we have an inexperienced general manager, a inexperienced chairman and an inexperienced owner.

Dealing with an amiable Englishman probably seemed easier than demanding Dutchmen.

My concern, maybe because i know so little about our manager, is that he talks a good game, but has he pulled the wool over our decision makers eyes about what he can actually do. Still think Black influence is more of a hinderance, and that some of our players are hiding in the treatment rooom. It's still early days, but for a guy who says he is an organiser, i reckon we've become even softer and more ill disciplined.

We are heading down, and you know what i dont really care such is the apathy i feel for this team. Sad days.

I love how everyone's already assessed the manager as the cheap, easy option and not up to the task before he's even had a chance to bring his own people into an injury-ridden team that's bereft of any confidence.

It's shite being Well fan just now, but the fucking doom and gloom round here doesn't make it any easier.

• Like 3

I am normally one to give the benefit of the doubt to a new Manager, but so far the evidence suggests that the team has got worse. At the very least we should have been as poor as before but nof fkin worse !!!

I agree with one of the posters above. He should be making us harder to beat. I would not have started Ainsworth given the sh1te he served up v Aberdeen. Pack the midfield, keep it tight and then look to gamble as the game nears the end.

I think he has been naive and to willing to believe this shower of sh1t are up to much. I know he has too keep them onside, but some home truths are required..

My concern, maybe because i know so little about our manager, is that he talks a good game, but has he pulled the wool over our decision makers eyes about what he can actually do. Still think Black influence is more of a hinderance, and that some of our players are hiding in the treatment rooom. It's still early days, but for a guy who says he is an organiser, i reckon we've become even softer and more ill disciplined.

We are heading down, and you know what i dont really care such is the apathy i feel for this team. Sad days.

That quote is the most worrying for me. I binned my season ticket before the start of last season due to it being cheaper to pay into the games I made (due to switches for tv + postponements etc) but since my dad first took me to a game as a 5/6 year old in the mid 80`s, Ive always made a point to watch every tv game and make it to at least 1 or 2 games per season, this year Ive watched the Utd game, flicked through our other tv games and havent been to a single match,and the way I now feel, I seriously doubt Il ever be back to Fir Park. Im just sick of the whole soap opera and whereas in years gone by even just losing,nevermind by 4 or 5 was enough to piss me off for a day or two, now It doesnt even bother me.

In a time where we need as many fans to buy in as possible due to this crazy Well Society idea, if the club is causing hardened fans to be as disillusioned as this, whats it doing to fair weather fans? Were on a slippery slope here

• Like 1

wish we could bring back Craig Brown

McCall was very lucky in his first season getting to a cup final and top six place, basically browns team. The next year we were lucky as we never had to rebuild and again craigs team finished 3rd.

The following season we did not rebuild much and to finish second was good but again we were lucky as most were Craigs player.

As someone says we were very very lucky last year to finish second again and this was now mccalls team.