Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

we have been very lucky for years not just 1 season, I could see this coming

Tell me what the lottery numbers are then. Cos I could not see such a rapid and marked decline from 2nd best team 2 years in a row.

We only lost 2-3 players. I thought we would finish below Celtic, Aberdeen and United, but still be competing for top 6.

No I never saw this wholesale collapse coming which makes it all the harder to takehelp.gif

we have been very lucky for years not just 1 season, I could see this coming

Utter shite.

The season we finished second with Higgy, Law, Ojamma etc was one of the best Motherwell teams I have ever seen.

No luck about that.

Also last season you don't finish secondby being lucky. You finish second by being hard to beat and taking your chances.

• Like 4

He barely played under Craig.

Brown and Knox were a good management team it's just a shame they were snakes.

Agreed, my m8 is a sheep fan and he said the reason we were able to beat them was because Craig Brown worked wonders and mccoll just took over and thats why they went for him.

We were chronic to watch under Brown

You must have been at different games to me.

3-1 away to killie, 3-0 away to aberdeen, 3-1 at home to hearts, 3-3 away to rangers, 6-6 with hibs, 3-0 at home to aalesunds, 4-0 at home to st johnstone, 2-0 away to hearts twice. All games where we played some great football and looked like a proper team.

• Like 1

Agreed, my m8 is a sheep fan and he said the reason we were able to beat them was because Craig Brown worked wonders and mccoll just took over and thats why they went for him.

The team that finished 2nd in 2013 was.

Randolph (CB)

Hateley (JG) Hutchinson (MM) Ramsden (SM) Hammell (MM)

Lasley (Malpas)

McFadden (SM) Law (SM) Humphrey (JG)

Higdon (SM) Ojamaa (SM)

You're talking nonsense.

We weren't hard to beat against some of the better teams last season to be fair. We were however unbelievably consistent against the bottom six.

That's something of a myth about last season.

Celtic and Dundee United had us in the bag - we only took one point off each last season however we took 7 out of 12 from Aberdeen, 9 from 12 v Inverness and 6 from 12 v St Johnstone.

It's an incredibly competitive league and last year we simply knew how to win games. We took plenty from the top 6.

The team that finished 2nd in 2013 was.

Randolph (CB)

Hateley (JG) Hutchinson (MM) Ramsden (SM) Hammell (MM)

Lasley (Malpas)

McFadden (SM) Law (SM) Humphrey (JG)

Higdon (SM) Ojamaa (SM)

You're talking nonsense.

ok 5 players, but what about last season we were rubbish most of them were mccolls team, even guy at work said under mccoll Celtic put out half a team and still gubbed us.

That's something of a myth about last season.

Celtic and Dundee United had us in the bag - we only took one point off each last season however we took 7 out of 12 from Aberdeen, 9 from 12 v Inverness and 6 from 12 v St Johnstone.

Myth possibly dispelled in the last week of the season when we somehow picked up 9 points despite being outplayed in all 3 matches. We were generally poor against them up until the split though.

Myth possibly dispelled in the last week of the season when we somehow picked up 9 points despite being outplayed in all 3 matches. We were generally poor against them up until the split though.

if mccoll fell in the clyde, he would pop back out with two salmon in his pockets.

The least you expect when a new manager comes in is the players upping the ante in order to stake a claim for a place in the starting line up. We've not seen that.

There's clearly something seriously wrong behind the scenes and if the club/board expect fans to turn up every week paying decent money to watch absolute garbage then we deserve to know the truth.

The least you expect when a new manager comes in is the players upping the ante in order to stake a claim for a place in the starting line up. We've not seen that.

There's clearly something seriously wrong behind the scenes and if the club/board expect fans to turn up every week paying decent money to watch absolute garbage then we deserve to know the truth.

I fear that a lot of players know that they won't be at Fir Park next season and are playing like it doesn't matter most know they will pick up a move elsewhere on the back of the previous seasons league position. The board need to gamble and create some scope to bring in 2 or 3 players or I fear we will go down. Similar to Hibs last year when the board refused the wages for Adam Rooney and I'm sure Rooney's goals would have been enough to keep Hibs up.

ok 5 players, but what about last season we were rubbish most of them were mccolls team, even guy at work said under mccoll Celtic put out half a team and still gubbed us.

So now you know that your first point, McCalls team was 'Craigs' is nonsense. Did the guy at your work tell you that McCalls Motherwell beat Celtic twice in a 6week spell a couple of years ago?