Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

After today, there is no doubt in my mind that Baraclough has well and truly pulled the wool over the eyes of the selection committee.

Him and some of his new recruits look completely out their depth. I can't see him being here beyond the end of the month.

Sad to say I can't see him lasting long. He seems to have the right ideas. Don't know if he just can't get them across to the players...

After today, there is no doubt in my mind that Baraclough has well and truly pulled the wool over the eyes of the selection committee.

Him and some of his new recruits look completely out their depth. I can't see him being here beyond the end of the month.

A horsing, and it looks likely, from Inverness might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Looking at the players brought in it smacks of a mindset that the standard of player in the league is far below what it is in reality. Aye, the Scottish game isnt up there with the likes of the Premiership and la liga but it's not that shite that the players brought in can give a decent performance.

• Like 1

Looking at the players brought in it smacks of a mindset that the standard of player in the league is far below what it is in reality. Aye, the Scottish game isnt up there with the likes of the Premiership and la liga but it's not that shite that the players brought in can give a decent performance.

This is something I've been thinking .

Don't know what standard of shite passes for football in the lower leagues down south , but the Scottish game is talked down so much Baraclough obviously thought these fannys would enhance our squad .

Sadly Mistaken and sadly disappearing without trace .

For the first time in years we've had a benefactor behind us , and we've let the wrong guy spunk the money away on the wrong players .

Sorry and depressing state of affairs .

I think you have absolutely nailed it. It's been sheer fantasy from Baraclough and those backing him.

This is something I've been thinking .

Don't know what standard of shite passes for football in the lower leagues down south , but the Scottish game is talked down so much Baraclough obviously thought these fannys would enhance our squad .

Sadly Mistaken and sadly disappearing without trace .

For the first time in years we've had a benefactor behind us , and we've let the wrong guy spunk the money away on the wrong players .

Sorry and depressing state of affairs .

I think that's true but there is also the money situation. If we are bringing players in from England we can only pay at a certain level. There is a disparity between quality and wages paid between Scotland and England which means we can't recruit players of our level on our level of wage.

That's why I've been saying for a while now the English market is finished for us now. We have to develop our own players or bring them in from the Scottish lower divisions where the economic level if more favorable for us and where we can get players of a standard on our budget.

I think that's true but there is also the money situation. If we are bringing players in from England we can only pay at a certain level. There is a disparity between quality and wages paid between Scotland and England which means we can't recruit players of our level on our level of wage.

That's why I've been saying for a while now the English market is finished for us now. We have to develop our own players or bring them in from the Scottish lower divisions where the economic level if more favorable for us and where we can get players of a standard on our budget.

Agree 100% . Would rather take a punt on a raw Scottish youngster with signs of potential than some twenty-something tosser that cannae get a game for Oxford .

Sad to say I can't see him lasting long. He seems to have the right ideas. Don't know if he just can't get them across to the players...

I think that this pretty much sums it up. I think he'd have been a great appointment in the summer when he had time to build a squad and get them using his ideas, but it takes a certain type of character to be able to pull players out of the mire and fight out of a relegation battle.

I really hope he can find some way to get a reaction, as we're seriously running out of time.

When I started this thread little did I think that he would turn out to be the complete useless gaffer he seems to be . Today finally brought it home to quite a few people I think that he doesn't seem to have any ideas about a formation , motivation , plan B , and even worse the type of player required for this Division . How many players were played out of position today and looked lost . . How did he go about motivating the players during the game when we went behind . .again . how did he try and change the flow of the game ? As for the players he brought in , they will never adapt to the fast pace of Scottish football . .end of . .actually felt embarrassed for Straker by the end of the matchWe are not going to get out of this with this management team in place

Listened to Barraclough on Off the Ball afters.

He certainly did not sound the least bit sure of himself.

Compare to his arrival speaches.

Very worrying.

On another note Archie McPherson impressed on Clyde 2. He noted apart from the fact that Dundee were crap and we worse.

Straeker easily turned - or run through no out ball.

McManus shadow of his former self.

Lasley non combatant. Questioned why?

Erwin no control.

Sutton no support.

Goal a joke.

Laing doesn't trust the keeper.

No one but no one looked an attacking threat.