Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

Incoming manager Ian Baraclough watched from the stands as the Staggies scored in the 93rd minute through Tony Dingwall to deny his new side victory.

Dingwall had earlier given the visitors the lead before John Sutton and Henrik Ojamaa scored for Motherwell.

Baraclough wants the current coaching staff to work with him but Black is unsure of his future, and he said: "We will probably have a chat over the next few days and see what develops.

"Certainly the manager has indicated that he would like to work with the current coaching staff.

"It's been quite a whirlwind over the last 24 hours. Things have happened very quickly and there has been a lot to take in.

“New ownership, new management and the game today - there are a lot of things I need to think about.

"I don't know Ian Baraclough but then I didn't really know Stuart (McCall) on a personal basis either and we did okay for four years. It's just different when you've been working with someone."

Impressed by his first interview and the Sligo video. His thinking appears to be in tune with the direction the club is taking, an area where McCall came up short.

Potentially exciting times ahead if he gets the opportunity to stamp his ethos on the club. In the short term though, the current crop of players really need to up their game in order for Baraclough to have a chance of succeeding.

Why do people believe that Van Der Gaag would be so much better? Bearing in mind he would a) lose the ability to sign unknown South Americans like he could in Portugal due to UK immigration law. B) We can't confirm if he used 3rd Party Ownership players in Portugal, which again he couldn't use here.

Both Baraclough & Van Der Gaag are gambles that can go either way/could have gone either way.

Let's get behind the new fella and back him to turn us around!! Hopefully he can bring in his own coaching staff in coming months.

• Like 3

Let's get behind the new fella and back him to turn us around!! Hopefully he can bring in his own coaching staff in coming months.

Apparently thats why it isnt Van Der Gaag, he wanted his own staff. Weve changed the organ grinder for a cheaper option,but were still left with the fucking monkeys!

I don't know the inner workings of the club to know how much a credit Kenny Black is due for the last three years or how culpable he is for the last six months but he does seem very naive and immature as a manager. Personally I'm not going to be gutted whatever happens as long as the man we are employing to manage can make his own decision.

Kenny Black should be hunted.

He's a culpable as anyone for the shite we are in.

A complete overhaul in the way we approach everything is needed.

Aye, I remember all your posts last season praising Black for his contribution to our 2nd place finish. Or was he not as culpable as anyone for that?

Baraclough was sacked at Sligo. His downfall in his last season was down to poor signings. He signed Eric Odhiambo as his star signing and he had been actually trying to sign him for a year. Google league of Ireland miss of the season on you tube and you will see what I mean. If he was scouting at Watford got help them. He likes to play a possession game but Sligo struggled last season lacking a creative player in the middle of the pitch. Often the possession was played in their own and he won't often over elaborate against lesser teams being over cautious in his tactics.

True he is a good pro and maybe with the right players he will do a good job and learn from his mistakes at Sligo. He is Sligo most successful manager but he was always in the shadow of Paul Cook and if you talk to some supporters they reckon he won the league with Cookies team.

I can't remember where but I saw\heard an interview with Black, saying he was disappointed at the timing of the announcement of the new manager. He also said that he'd get yesterday done with and then decide what he was going to do.

To be fair I think Black had a point about the announcement. On the morning of a game? An important game against a relegation rival? Obviously it disturbs the preperation, is a bit disrespectful towards Black who is taking the team and interviewed for the job and everyone knows professional footballers are like skittish horses and it doesn't take much to unsettle them.

When we were enduring McCall earlier in the season everyone was bringing up his previous record in defence. Well newsflash, McCall's previous record is also Black's previous record. Also Black made a much better fist in charge of the team this term than McCall did.

To be honest I don't know much about what Black does or doesn't do and I suspect most are in a similar position. The scape goat chorus obviously only have two names at the moment - Vigurs and Black.

Aye, I remember all your posts last season praising Black for his contribution to our 2nd place finish. Or was he not as culpable as anyone for that?

Did I say Black was culpable/responsible for us finishing 2nd? That's a new one to me.

I'm sure as the resident stalker you could provide evidence of this?

Did I say Black was culpable/responsible for us finishing 2nd? That's a new one to me.

I'm sure as the resident stalker you could provide evidence of this?

No, I was just pointing out the flaw in your logic that somehow he must take the blame for failure, but not get any credit for success.

(and the "stalker" comment is just bizarre).

• Like 3