Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

Some of the comments about Black in this thread are wild IMO. He is a number 2, unless you work within the club pretending to have some great insight into his effectiveness is delusional pish. He is well thought of and seems like a decent down to earth guy. Was never really going to gt the big job but nonetheless carried us through a difficult period with plenty of calm and dignity. Give the guy some respect.

• Like 11

Was hoping for VDG, but our new gaffer comes across very well in his first interview, although not sure about his wining the league patter - focus on staying in the league first and foremost!

His ideas seem to fit exactly what we are looking at and I'm optimistic he will be a another good appointment for us.

Was hoping for VDG, but our new gaffer comes across very well in his first interview, although not sure about his wining the league patter - focus on staying in the league first and foremost!

His ideas seem to fit exactly what we are looking at and I'm optimistic he will be a another good appointment for us.

To be fair he did say his first task is to keep us in the SPL. The championship winning thing is a little wild but nice to be positive!

If he can deliver a fitter, hard working team for the rest of the season I will be happy and think we can pick up enough points to survive fine.

• Like 1

Have to say when we're Shite this forum is brill. :laugh: BLACK AND MARSHALL OUT. Scott Leitch can leave also we need BIG changes our team is feckin stagnant. :angry:

Scott Leitch is a year into a job as head of youth development and has NO INVOLVEMENT whatsoever in the first team.

That comment is as BIZZARE as your posting style.

• Like 3

although not sure about his wining the league patter -

To be fair, unlike some naive managers who have come into the game and said similar, I didn't take it as true statement of intent. More just him emphasizing his positive nature.

I always thought Mccall tried hard to manage expectations, which was fine with me but I understood when folk got a pissed off with it and took it as a lack of ambition.

Looks like Baraclough certainly won't be one to talk the team down.

We need to remember what he says isn't the same as what the papers headline. He didn't come out an say, "We are going to win the league" in a Football Manager game stylee. What he said was that winning the league should be an aim for the team......"why not?". I think that's a fair comment. Of course the chances of winning the league are very slim, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying to do it.

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to his 15 mins press conference refreshing to hear someone so open and passionate about the task at hand.

Reading between the lines he still wants Kenny black at fir park but not as his assistant though - this may mean we have to pay 2 assistant managers wages in the interim if he appoints his own man. Then either Kenny joins Stuart wherever he ends up or some kind of compensation is agreed to terminate his contract.

Only 2 press conferences in but it's hard not to take a shine to Baraclough. He seems a perfect fit for where we want to go.

Hopefully the players can get him off to a good start over the festive period so that he has breathing space to embed his ethos.

Glad to hear that we will be bringing in a new assistant too.

Only 2 press conferences in but it's hard not to take a shine to Baraclough. He seems a perfect fit for where we want to go.

Hopefully the players can get him off to a good start over the festive period so that he has breathing space to embed his ethos.

Glad to hear that we will be bringing in a new assistant too.

Got to agree LD. Really like what I hear from Baraclough so far. Especially the youth aspect and hard work.

This might seem a silly point but he looks fit and healthy and looks like he takes care of himself. Someone like that can have high standards of fitness that rubs off on the players.

1418673689[/url]' post='427203']

Got to agree LD. Really like what I hear from Baraclough so far. Especially the youth aspect and hard work.

This might seem a silly point but he looks fit and healthy and looks like he takes care of himself. Someone like that can have high standards of fitness that rubs off on the players.

Got to echo these thoughts as well. It's also refreshing to hear positive comments from a manager too. I liked McCall but a flaw in his manner was his, at times, negative outlook in certain games. Hopefully this positive attitude also rubs off on the players.

Fully agree with what's been said above. Just from his first few press conferences he comes across as an engaging and enthusiastic character and he makes it easy to buy into his ethos.

Hopefully this is also the case with the players and it translates to more expressive and hard working performances on the park.

I know it's very, very early days but I'm personally feeling more positive and engaged than at any point this season!

1418675931[/url]' post='427206']

Fully agree with what's been said above. Just from his first few press conferences he comes across as an engaging and enthusiastic character and he makes it easy to buy into his ethos.

Hopefully this is also the case with the players and it translates to more expressive and hard working performances on the park.

I know it's very, very early days but I'm personally feeling more positive and engaged than at any point this season!

Totally agree. I really hope the players buy into his vision. One of the most articulate managers I've heard in a while!

It will be interesting to hear from a couple of Sligo and s*horpe fans, particularly on how his tenure came to an end in each place, and whether he was able to implement his philosophy as mentioned in his interviews so far.

Overall I like what I have heard from him, and I hope he gets the backing he needs to get things going. It is encouraging to hear his views on the community aspect of the club, and I am sure that played a part in his appointment.

The damage has been done already this season, so as long as we finish outside of the bottom 2 I'm happy, then hopefully we can have a Kampmann/Gannon-esque summer. Then I'll totally judge him after the first game of next season.

Any chance he'll pick up the McCall trait of emailing us all?

I don't really want to have a pop at anyone seeking to paint a positive but I'm a bit unconvinced of how much of a difference that makes to be honest.

I mean was there not some tale for example where Jim Gannon, running back to Fir Park after training, was pelted with stuff from the passing team bus? It can't do any harm to set a positive impression of course but if the team think you're a prick, then it doesn't matter how fit and healthy you look, they'll still think you're a prick!

The damage has been done already this season, so as long as we finish outside of the bottom 2 I'm happy, then hopefully we can have a Kampmann/Gannon-esque summer. Then I'll totally judge him after the first game of next season.

Any chance he'll pick up the McCall trait of emailing us all?

Better not be a Kampmann style summer wrt quality! He signed a tractor load of shite like Jed Stirling, Brian McLair mk 2, Rob Matthei, another wee Dutch winger whose name escapes me......all photographed on the club tractor I seem to remember.

PS Jan Michels was the other one

Beat me to the joke. I was going to ask if his new assistant would be Mr. Mackay lol But best of luck to the man and hope he proves the nay sayers wrong.

Ha HA , tried to get a bigger picture, was telling my son it would make a good banner for the well bois, hes one of them, but joke lost on a 13 year old

Interesting read...Independent.ie

In the end up Sligo hadn't much choice but to get rid of Bara and save something from the season. In the League of Ireland money is a such a short fall it was probably this more than anything sealed his faith plus he had lost the handle on some players who weren't exactly giving him 100 percent, attendances had also started to drop off. So with the Europa league looming the club got rid before the first round match against Banga, personally thinking he probably would have done enough to get Rovers to the second round. In the next round Sligo defeated Rosenberg away in Europa which could arguably be their greatest once off victory ever. Now while I said Bara would of seen off Banga his attitude towards the Norweigians would have been totally different. He would off went with a defensive attitude looking for the draw and ended up losing by two or three.

The result against Rosenberg saved Sligo's season financially , they filled the Showgrounds for the second leg and lost out three two overall on the tie.

Edited by red1973