Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

In the end up Sligo hadn't much choice but to get rid of Bara and save something from the season. In the League of Ireland money is a such a short fall it was probably this more than anything sealed his faith plus he had lost the handle on some players who weren't exactly giving him 100 percent, attendances had also started to drop off. So with the Europa league looming the club got rid before the first round match against Banga, personally thinking he probably would have done enough to get Rovers to the second round. In the next round Sligo defeated Rosenberg away in Europa which could arguably be their greatest once off victory ever. Now while I said Bara would of seen off Banga his attitude towards the Norweigians would have been totally different. He would off went with a defensive attitude looking for the draw and ended up losing by two or three.

The result against Rosenberg saved Sligo's season financially , they filled the Showgrounds for the second leg and lost out three two overall on the tie.

So he won the league and two cups during his short stint at Sligo and that constituted a sacking offence. The Sligo managers job seems like a tough gig. If he repeats that at Motherwell the club will erect a bronze statue in his honour outside Fir Park. laugh.gif

He's still not given a definitive answer on whether Black will continue as his number 2 in the long term. I've got a feeling he'll be going at some point in the not so distant future. Maybe once Baraclough is up to speed with things with the team.

He's been definitive in saying that he will bring in his own assistant manager.

He's still not given a definitive answer on whether Black will continue as his number 2 in the long term. I've got a feeling he'll be going at some point in the not so distant future. Maybe once Baraclough is up to speed with things with the team.

Black was in the press (Evening Time, I think) a couple of weeks ago hinting that he will be teaming back up with McCall when he finds a new post.

There have been a few unkind words said about him, particularly in the match thread of his last game in charge.

Yeah, but that's what happens on here. If we lose to Thistle this weekend there'll be a thread wanting Baraclough out probably.

I don't think the majority of fans have any issue with Black at all.

The criticism is unjustified, but it rarely is justified on here in my experience.

The detractors have tainted him with association. Secondly as he appeared to be primarily responsible for taking training and few will disagree the team weren't prepared physically for the curtain raisers so blame was levelled on him.

He did get a reaction out of the team after SMcC's departure but I suppose any new regime (regardless of caretaker or permanent) would have got that.

I think he's generally behaved well and with a degree of class.