Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

I don't think it's any real secret that Black is a hardworking, albeit rather limited football coach. He's doing his best though, of that there's no doubt.

I won't be too upset to see him join McCall at Rangers or down south though. I'd rather Baraclough was given the freedom to bring in his own man.

I don't think it's any real secret that Black is a hardworking, albeit rather limited football coach. He's doing his best though, of that there's no doubt.

McCall coached you personally? Then how do you know he's a limited coach? What makes a coach not limited? Iv seen some ridiculous posts on here but that's up there with it.

You should be aware that although we were poorly prepared for this season and black (rightly) criticised - it was his coaching that led us to best of the rest 3 years in a row!

McCall coached you personally? Then how do you know he's a limited coach? What makes a coach not limited? Iv seen some ridiculous posts on here but that's up there with it.

You should be aware that although we were poorly prepared for this season and black (rightly) criticised - it was his coaching that led us to best of the rest 3 years in a row!

I'd assumed that, much like everyone else's posts on this forum, what I said would be taken as my own opinion. I believe Black to be a somewhat limited coach for various reasons, some of which you've mentioned there.

Is that okay? Am I allowed to have that opinion without actually being fucking coached by him?

I seem to have a missed a fair bit that's been said about the intentions for Baraclough's backroom team. Or perhaps missed a bit that hasn't been said?

As far as I have seen Black continued with the preparations for the Ross County immediately after Baraclough's appointment. He then continued in that usual role to assist the new manager whilst Baraclough really began his job in earnest after that game.

Now I don't know where Baraclough has made the statement definitively saying he was going to bring in his own number two and or others, as appears to have been suggested, but I do recollect him saying he was comfortable with the continuity that the existing backroom would bring whilst he settled in.

But from that first training session all I've heard Baraclough say about Black has been positives. About how the players are pleased he's still there (which Law also stressed in the Thistle presser) and particularly about how well they've worked together.

The shot of them embracing in celebration at full-time at Paisley on St Mirren did not strike me as one that might have occurred in a set up where there was any bitterness or annoyance that Black has been somehow forced upon Baraclough as a result of finances.

I seem to have a missed a fair bit that's been said about the intentions for Baraclough's backroom team. Or perhaps missed a bit that hasn't been said?

Maybe its more what hasn't been said Andy.

We know that Kenny Black wasn't happy at the way the selection process was handled and he wanted time to consider his position. As far as I know the statement on the BBC said that he'd be retained until the end of the season; effectively the end of his contract. Nothing was mentioned about a contract extension. Thats about as much as we know.

I don't put much store on expressions of support from Ian Baraclough or the players. Thats not to say I don't believe them. However it wouldn't make for good working relationships if the manager or the players said that they wanted someone new to come in as number 2. Behind the scenes dressing room unrest is the last thing we need just now.

My own guess is that KB will see out the end of his contract and then move on to be replaced by someone Ian Baraclough knows. This would give IB some 6 months to settle in and get to know Scottish football and his own squad. In the meantime KB would provide him with some continuity and therefore this working knowledge.

Time will tell.

Maybe its more what hasn't been said Andy.

We know that Kenny Black wasn't happy at the way the selection process was handled and he wanted time to consider his position.

I don't know anything about it but lets not forget, there was a full 6weeks between McCall leaving and the new manager taking up post. Plenty of time to consider whatever he wanted.

At least now he knows whose crap or past it and realises that a MAJOR rebuilding job is now required. The performances this season have been as bad as i've ever witnessed following Motherwell. We have to place our trust in Barrouclough to bring in a better calibre of player than the shite we currently have. <_>

I think terry butcher did something like that, no sure it worked. With the transfer window opening, today was a timely reminder that we should probably try to freshen things up somehow, and that our troubles weren't just a case of bad tactics/coaching.

So will he attempt to polish this turd or tell it like it is?

I don't care. I'd rather read you telling it like it is.

Go on, delight us all again with us with your "Thank fuck for that" response to Collum giving them a penalty and reducing us to ten men when we were at least looking to have a bit of a spark with Thomas running at them.

I don't care. I'd rather read you telling it like it is.

Go on, delight us all again with us with your "Thank fuck for that" response to Collum giving them a penalty and reducing us to ten men when we were at least looking to have a bit of a spark with Thomas running at them.

There was no chance of us scoring.

I never want to see McManus in a claret and amber jersey again.

Therefore i was happy when he was sent off and disappointed that we are going to appeal it.

Therefore i was happy when he was sent off and disappointed that we are going to appeal it.

Even by your standards that is utter bollocks, away and have a good look at yourself ya fud.

You sure you're a Motherwell fan? You'll no make positive comment about a player until the day you get a start up front.