Welcome Ian Baraclough To Fir Park

davkel

So you judge Kenny Black's ability to follow Ian Baraclough's directions based on his stint in a holding role as temporary manager that was forced on him due to circumstance (and which he said in public he didn't even know that he wanted)?

Thats correct although its a best case scenario. During his temporary spell in charge and in the first week or two of Ian Baraclough's reign, Kenny Black had the opportunity to try out one or two different things selection and tactics wise and did not take that opportunity. If something fails why continue ad infinitum with it? You might have thought that he felt he had scope to do his own thing up to a point.

Ian Baraclough will now have overall control of team matters. Kenny Black's role, as far as we know, is to advise him, but not follow his instructions blindly without question. Is he giving the boss the correct advice? Based on what he did during his spell in charge I question whether he is providing the right advice.

Quite apart from that would you want to retain the services of a disillusioned employee who cast doubt on his employers' actions in public?

This season is basically a case of survival, and anything above that is a bonus.

We can't really judge the manager until he's had time to bring in some players of his own, and removed some players he doesn't want. Those being critical of him at this point are mental in my opinion.

I'm not convinced it's lack of fitness this season as much as lack of confidence. It happens to different teams at different times - they lose form as a group, hesitation creeps in, they lose a yard, they are scared to challenge.

I am convinced that lack of fitness has played a part. A growing injury list can point to this for a start, although I admit that bad luck is also a factor with injury. The lack of fitness however was evident last year. The last quarter of the season saw game after game where Motherwell came flying out the blocks for 20-25 mins blowing teams away, only to tire and hold on for much of the second half. Ross County, Kilmarnock and ICT at home were all examples of this towards the end of the season.

When the same pattern was repeated in the European game the writing was on the wall for this season. Confidence may well be a factor now but it wasn't at the end of last season. I have no doubts that fitness has been and is an issue.

In this day and age, with the emphasis on sports science and diet, you would think that all aspects of fitness would be monitored by the management team. I'm sure one of the first things Jim McIntyre did at County was get a fitness coach/sports scientist in. Not sure if we have one ?

Half of the players are posting pictures of their dinners on instagram the night before games and its not unusual for it to be accompanied with a big plate of chips.

That's why Scottish (and most British) footballers struggle to compete at the top level against players who train like athletes.

It's also why guys like John Collins and, more recently, Felix Magath face rebellions any time they try to impose healthy training regimes. There are exceptions, but they are rare.

Half of the players are posting pictures of their dinners on instagram the night before games and its not unusual for it to be accompanied with a big plate of chips.

not unheard of for players to come back from half time break with a pie.

The ones in the main stand that is.

Mental

That's why Scottish (and most British) footballers struggle to compete at the top level against players who train like athletes.

It's also why guys like John Collins and, more recently, Felix Magath face rebellions any time they try to impose healthy training regimes. There are exceptions, but they are rare.

I think magath was a bit more extreme than that.

Some of the stories about him were quality

Just watched the prematch interview verses Dundee , it might just be me but im not getting the right vibes from our new manager .Hope im wrong .Seems to me he can talk the talk , got all the right things to say .Something just feels wrong .Is he in to deep ?Time will tell

Time will tell on that front.

However I'd welcome a return of the Managers email. It's something that McCall did early on that became less and less frequent until it petered out. I don't know how much McCall was involved in writing it or if AB did a fair bit of ghost writing but it was a welcome addition and looked upon favourably here.

McCall's reasoning behind his tactics for the 2011 Cup Final certainly went a way to make the result outcome a smidgen more palatable.

1420836180[/url]' post='428626']

Just watched the prematch interview verses Dundee , it might just be me but im not getting the right vibes from our new manager .Hope im wrong .Seems to me he can talk the talk , got all the right things to say .Something just feels wrong .Is he in to deep ?Time will tell

I came to the same conclusion mascot. It's a wee bit unfair due to the fact that he's just in the door, but alarm bells started ringing after the interview post Accies.Over the years I've encountered many folk in the work place who talked the talk, however not many of them walked the walk. I guess we'll find out in due course.I hope he does go on to be a huge success, but I'm not convinced at this minute.

1420850163[/url]' post='428638']

Time will tell on that front.

McCall's reasoning behind his tactics for the 2011 Cup Final certainly went a way to make the result outcome a smidgen more palatable.

Can you remind me of the salient points of that email, not sure I saw it. When we got to the quarter finals that year I realised my upcoming holiday co-incided with the final, I had to watch it on a TV in Greece. Couldn't understand Hammell in the middle, the highlight of his career and he was played out of position.

welcome to the spfl boss ,,,,, you talk the talk ?? but FFS 2 nil down after 9 mins .... I hope I am wrong but on this form WE ARE GOING DOWN ,,,, if we cant do anything with the teams about us :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I don't know what planet you normally watch football on, but if any manager takes over a struggling team (with 5 or 6 injured players) and no chance yet to bring in new faces, it's unlikely there is an immediate turnaround.

If he continues to win 50% of his games in charge, we'll stay up.

• Like 2

I don't know what planet you normally watch football on, but if any manager takes over a struggling team (with 5 or 6 injured players) and no chance yet to bring in new faces, it's unlikely there is an immediate turnaround.

If he continues to win 50% of his games in charge, we'll stay up.

Unlikely to have a immediate turnaround, but you would hope to see improvements. On the face of it that is not a bad team on paper. But we are being overrun in midfield game after game and have a at best average defence that is struggling to cope. By the sound of things Twardzik is doing his best but when you are faced with a shot every 3 to 4 minutes something is going to give.

wee yin ,,,, the planet am from we say ,,, you cant polish a shite ,,,,,,,,,,,, so don't sat you can ,,,,,,,, the players are dross ,so tell them that ??????? maybe ??? that is my opinion ,,, but as steelboy says if we keep losing a lot of goals ,,, we will beat no cunt ,,,,, oh and ojamma has just been sent off ,,,so ???????????????????????:wallbash: :wallbash: