St.mirren V Motherwell 20/12/14

Yabba's Turd

'Cause they've not played a single match with a "new" man in charge :mellow:

Granted, however, in the previous games under McCall and Black I have seen nothing to convince me that the current squad can turn it around that quick for a new boss. I think Baraclough will do a great job at Motherwell, however, I just think he may need some time to get his ideas across. In saying that, I would love it if we humped them 6-0.

The squad have provided very little in the way of evidence that a new man in charge will be able to turn it around quickly. Baraclough will need more time and some new faces to put his stamp on the squad. The way we have been playing lately I would happily accept finishing this season in 10th place. I think given time Baraclough will be a success, however, this season is all about survival.

12 matches under McCall 7 points from possible 36 OR 0.58 points per game.

4 matches under Black 4 points from possible 12 OR 1 point per game.

And we were one kick of the ball away from getting an extra 2 points last week.

The improvement is already there to see if people could pull themselves out of their self imposed suicide watch. With a new permanent manager let's cross our fingers and hope we can improve even further.

If I was the manager I'd be asking the players to aim for 40 points this season. So that's 29 points from 21 remaining fixtures, a relatively small improvement over our recent form with Black, who had some tricky fixtures lets remember. If we can do that we'll almost certainly be safe at the end of the season by a decent margin.

Will be interesting to see how the new gaffer approaches this game both in terms of playing personnel and tactics given the game, even at this stage of the season, is a bit of a 6 pointer!

Can he afford to experiment with a different shape/players playing at different positions after only a week in the job and working with the players? I think we may just see a similar team to what we've been used to under Black for this game, with him maybe changing it if we go behind and have nothing to lose by going for it!

Would love to see us sneak a wee goal late on to win and give us a bit of confidence going into the new year!

The improvement is already there to see if people could pull themselves out of their self imposed suicide watch.

I am glad it's not just me, watching Motherwell can at times be a depressing and disturbing pastime. rolleyes.gif

Last week v Ross County

...the new managers has a big job ahead of him

First half was absolutely woeful. I've not seen many more depressing 45 minutes at Fir Park. The entire team was shitting it at home from the bottom of the league team. Absolutely no ambition to even try and get forward,

...For me, the attitude of the players was very, very depressing

Overall we didn't deserve to win and I am quite disturbed by many aspects of that performance.

I worry and fear that the new manager may get sucked into the same mindset as Mc Call/Black in that not prepared to drop experienced guys when not performing.

Based on his zero games in charge? Give the guy a chance!

4-5-1/4-3-3 today I think. The new manager will have noticed some of the weaknesses from the stand last week and I'm sure he won't be shy about changing things round a bit.

I actually fancy us to put in a decent performance today and win this one by a couple of goals. 3-1 Well.

I am glad it's not just me, watching Motherwell can at times be a depressing and disturbing pastime. rolleyes.gif

Last week v Ross County

Pulling one performance out of four is fine if you want to look at individual performances rather than a trend.

Last week wasn't the best but we've been better over the last 5 weeks or so. And we did score 2 goals when we struggled to score any earlier in the season.

Pulling one performance out of four is fine if you want to look at individual performances rather than a trend.

Last week wasn't the best but we've been better over the last 5 weeks or so. And we did score 2 goals when we struggled to score any earlier in the season.

We had one good game at home to Dundee United and by most reports have been poor in the rest of them.

Today is a big test for our squad. If they don't put in a performance today they will have to face up to some sore truths.

I think Ainsworth to start but otherwise same formation and players that have been poor this season. I worry and fear that the new manager may get sucked into the same mindset as Mc Call/Black in that not prepared to drop experienced guys when not performing.

I'm not sure where you get this feeling from. I think the press conference suggested that the new man will have his own ideas and that he will run with them. I expect a few surprises in the team today and have a feeling that even the captain's berth in the team will not be secure. If the players can't raise their game for this today it will speak volumes but I think they will turn it on. A silly goal or two lost in the 90 mins but 2-3 for the Well.

Looking forward to this game today and feeling positive about us getting a result. I'm going for 3-1 'Well. Ojamaa x2 and McManus with a header.

Interested to see the line up for today, got a feeling there might be a few changes.

Very good. But who have you got scoring 'Well's third goal ?

• Like 2