Motherwell V Partick Thistle 27/12/14

Yabba's Turd

Partick at the moment are MUCH better than us and unlike us they've strung some impressive displays together this season like gubbing Accies and away to Caley. If we can steal a point i'll be delighted. Cant see it mind you. 1-3 defeat. <_ . need to keep the jags supporting guys tied they seats in east stand. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mellow.png" alt=":mellow:">

Partick at the moment are MUCH better than us and unlike us they've strung some impressive displays together this season like gubbing Accies and away to Caley.

They have been playing well of late, however, hopefully home advantage will see us sneak a vital home win.

Think it's 1 defeat in 7 for Partick, pretty good going considering they don't have many 'star' players, it's a journey man squad really. They are also 18 goals better off than us this season.

Another 6 pointer for us. A Partick win would put them 9 points clear of us and that would isolate us when I think we should be trying to pull away from the bottom spots. Just look at St. Johnstone, a couple of weeks ago they looked in trouble, now they are Top 6 with a gap. That's what a good run of 5 or 6 games can do in this league.

A win for us would put us in the nice position of having 3 wins and 1 draw from our last 6, with a narrow defeat against Celtic in there as well. Surely confidence would start to blossom again.

We'll be doing well to get a point here I think.

If Thistle have scored 18 more goals than us then that is an absolutely damming statistic and just goes to show (as if there was any doubt) how bad we have been this season.

Goal difference rather than goals for. They have score 11 more and conceded 7 less.

Also noticed that Partick have only conceded more than 1 goal once in the last 9 matches so they are obviously pretty tight at the back.

For the record Partick Thistle have not beaten us at FP since January 1996. Our all time FP record against them reads Played 45, Drawn 24, Lost 25. Given the current form of both teams they will be favourites. They don't score lots of goals but their defence is pretty Scrooge-like. Obviously we want to win but a draw would not be a bad result in this one.

Looking forward to this one but think it'll be a tough game.

Thistle got a great result up at ICT last week, have some decent players in Higgingbotham and Stevenson and have only lost 1 in their last 7 I think.

Hopefully after another week of training with the new boss we'll see some more progress. I'm hoping Hammell will be back to give some more balance to the team. As for the line up id hope for;

Twardzik

Law O'Brien McManus Hammell/Reid

Lasley Carswell

Ainsworth Vigurs (if fit) Ojamaa

Sutton

With Erwin, Thomas, Lawson and ZFA available from the bench.

I'll say 2-1 to the good guys. Sutton and Ainsworth.

Thistle got a great result up at ICT last week, have some decent players in Higgingbotham and Stevenson and have only lost 1 in their last 7 I think.

Hopefully after another week of training with the new boss we'll see some more progress. I'm hoping Hammell will be back to give some more balance to the team. As for the line up id hope for;

Twardzik

Law O'Brien McManus Hammell/Reid

Lasley Carswell

Ainsworth Vigurs (if fit) Ojamaa

Sutton

With Erwin, Thomas, Lawson and ZFA available from the bench.

Probably in a minority of one but I've never been overly impressed by Ryan Stevenson. Not the fastest guy around and has a reputation, rightly or wrongly, for a poor work rate. Yes, I hope Steve Hammell is back. If so I'd be tempted to replace Carswell with Reid in the middle as the latter is far more mobile and versatile. If available, I'd like to see Lawson back in midfield. Law is a great shout for right back.

However this season its a real lottery trying to pick our team in advance.

I'd like to see the 11 players who started the second half line up against Thistle. Get Ainsworth back on the right and Erwin and Ojamaa can alternate on the left.

Despite the good result on Saturday we were still brutal so we don't have much to lose from going on the attack from the off. Hopefully it will be an open game.

Every points a prisoner for us this season. Wouldn't be too disappointed with a point because Thistle are no push overs, especially on recent form. Another win would be great.

What we don't want to do is lose this because a 10 point gap* is going to take a pretty major change in form, one way or the other, to claw back.

*effectively with goal difference.