Motherwell V Partick Thistle 27/12/14

Yabba's Turd

[/b]

Maybe this could be another topic, but there was a guy next to me in east stand giving Elliot abuse, telling him how rubbish he was. There were some others giving O'Donnell , the thistle full back pelters in the first half, and then the usual abuse for Higgonbotham.i don't get all this

They are just guys making an honest living playing for a small team , probably won't be making fortunes

We seem to have some very angry fans, haven't sat amongst away supporters enough to know if they are all like that, but I doubt it

Get behind our guys and chill out

Most support have sections of fans like this. Its always been part and parcel of the game. I don't mind it providing that no OTT foul language or abuse is involved. Banter is, and always has been, part and parcel of the game. As far as Higginbotham is concerned he did upset our support at Firhill; so there is some history there.

If you were at Paisley you'll have noticed that O'Brien and Law in particular came in for constant barracking. Dundee United fans are notorious in the game for constant moaning and hassling opposition players. A few years ago at Tannadice I recall Don Goodman almost colliding with an advertising hoarding and then laughing as he did a wee dance in front of the United fans. He was expecting some reciprocal reaction but instead was met with foul mouthed dogs abuse. Our support is no different to any other.

[/b]

Maybe this could be another topic, but there was a guy next to me in east stand giving Elliot abuse, telling him how rubbish he was. There were some others giving O'Donnell , the thistle full back pelters in the first half, and then the usual abuse for Higgonbotham.i don't get all this

They are just guys making an honest living playing for a small team , probably won't be making fortunes

We seem to have some very angry fans, haven't sat amongst away supporters enough to know if they are all like that, but I doubt it

Get behind our guys and chill out

Namaste

The guy giving O'Donnell pelters was doing it as a wind up as O'Donnell used to go out with his daughter.

1419844397[/url]' post='427728']

Most support have sections of fans like this. Its always been part and parcel of the game. I don't mind it providing that no OTT foul language or abuse is involved. Banter is, and always has been, part and parcel of the game. As far as Higginbotham is concerned he did upset our support at Firhill; so there is some history there.

If you were at Paisley you'll have noticed that O'Brien and Law in particular came in for constant barracking. Dundee United fans are notorious in the game for constant moaning and hassling opposition players. A few years ago at Tannadice I recall Don Goodman almost colliding with an advertising hoarding and then laughing as he did a wee dance in front of the United fans. He was expecting some reciprocal reaction but instead was met with foul mouthed dogs abuse. Our support is no different to any other.

Fair point, but banter should be funny /different, just constantly telling Christie, he's rubbish is a bi tiresome.I was half hoping he would go on a mazy and put one in the net, just to shut th eeejit up, it would have been a bit self defeating tho, if I wanted well to win.It's a modern day dilemma