Motherwell V Partick Thistle 27/12/14

Yabba's Turd

Partick had a great win up in Inverness with a draw either side against Dundee and Killie and you can't ignore that. But, I think our win last week will be a big confidence boost to the boys. Couple that with us playing a different system to what Partick faced last time and I think we will be competitive enough to edge it.

If Hammell and Vigurs are fit enough I would have them in the team. Same for Moore but on the bench.

Dan

Law O'Brien McManus Hammell

Carsy Lasley

Ainsworth Vigurs Ojamma

Sutton

Going with Sutton as he tends to score in gluts when he has confidence (and a supply). I'd like to see Erwin, Thomas and Moore all get a decent spell from the bench too.

Good first half, we fairly lost the head in the second.

Not a fan of the Ramsden/Lasley midfield pairing. Think we need either Vigurs or Lawson in there besides one of them with a better range of passing to control the pace of the game.

Lee Erwin has all the raw physical attributes that should tear this league apart but the boy is thick as fuck, his positional awareness is just bizzare at times.

Why do we hate Christie Elliot again?

Good first half, we fairly lost the head in the second.

Why do we hate Christie Elliot again?

I think it's Higginbotham we hate.

On the second half, we've hardly had any possession but at the end of the day its two clean sheets and hardly any dangerous moments. Not brilliant football by any means but right now we need points and that's what we've got.

Pretty brutal 2nd half but it was all about the 3 points again. Impressed by our improved defensive structure and our willingness to win the ball back high up the park.

I wonder if Vigurs was fit, would he replace Law in behind Sutton? We certainty need someone pulling the strings so that Ojamaa and Ainsworth don't need to drop so deep for the ball.

Disappointed for Lee Erwin, he's no exactly covered himself in glory with his recent performances off the bench but there is a good raw player there that probably needs an experienced head beside him.

For me Law was excellent in first half, caused Thistle loads of problems with pressing and was winning possession high up pitch and then using the ball well. Hamell made a difference down the left and was solid at back. Ramsden isn't a midfielder and hopefully Lawson can be fit sometime soon. On the whole a lot of promise but not out the woods yet. Also is Vigurs injured he hasn't been spotted since his abysmal 1st half against Ross County.