Hamilton V Motherwell 01/01/15

Yabba's Turd

Think it is quite likely this will be tougher than the previous two games but it certainly it isn't a game that is beyond us winning. Hamilton had a wobble but had seemed to turn it round again with wins against Dundee and Ross County. I'm a bit surprised that they lost to Kilmarnock.

What is undoubted is that McManus and O'Brien will have to stand up the way they did yesterday and they might have more defending to do with their feet on Thursday as opposed to their heads on Saturday. We need to try and utilise Ojamaa and Ainsworthto keep them pinned back, do that and we have every chance.

Or use deflated rugby balls to master the 'bounce'.

I never really had a lot of sympathy for players playing on these "state of the art" AstroTurf pitches, but having been at the cup game, it was pretty grim. So many balls bounced in midfield and both players completely misjudged the bounce.

I never really had a lot of sympathy for players playing on these "state of the art" AstroTurf pitches, but having been at the cup game, it was pretty grim. So many balls bounced in midfield and both players completely misjudged the bounce.

Recently we've had Tommy Wright saying that he wouldn't risk playing Faddy at Kilmarnock and Alan Johnston saying that Eremenko's injury was caused or, at best worsened, by the artificial pitch there. Also a month or two back Alex Neil at Hamilton said that some of his squad's injuries had been caused by the artificial surface.

These surfaces should be outlawed at top level until they're advanced enough not to cause injuries. Almost invariably at clubs the Directors are all in favour of them for financial reasons whilst footballing staff dislike them intensely.

I think Faddy played at Killie before coming off with an unrelated injury. Supposedly it's fine for him to play on but he couldn't train on it all week.

I think we built up a bit of a mental barrier towards plastic pitches under the previous regime. Will be interesting to see if Baraclough leaves anyone out due to the surface, particularly with the Aberdeen game 3 days later.

There's undoubtedly a mental barrier, but there is also a definite advantage to teams that play on artificial surfaces each week. Players instinctively weight passes and judge bounces etc. after years of playing on grass and to expect them to adjust 100% a couple of times a season is unrealistic.

Was in the ticket office today, was told that around 400 tickets had been sold, which quite frankly seems disappointing. Would have thought Derby Day at New Year, with a new manager, two wins on the bounce would have seen us travel with a support of 1100+ however that would appear pretty unlikely. Does anyone know our seating allocation?

I'd imagine we'll get the stand behind the goals and the gazebo if we need it, however we'll be nowhere near selling out the stand behind the goals.

We will be seated in the North stand (behind goals) with no overflow available to the gazebo. North stand holds 2100 so seems that will be plenty fine.

Nae public transport eh? I remember the days when we used to play Airdrie at the old Broomfield on new years day and we walked it there and back from Motherwell (well staggered on the way back really) despite one year 6 of us being chased all the way to Chapelhall by section B. Happy happy days!!

• Like 1

Well, Accies do currently say so on their website I noticed last night.

That said they do suggest that any change to that would be communicated today.

I would like to think that if the suggestions are correct and only 400 tickets have been sold for our end that'll be enough to spook them into changing it to PATG as it really should have been all along.