Hamilton V Motherwell 01/01/15

Yabba's Turd

Had the family round for dinner yesterday...but so nearly walked it to Hamilton to watch my team instead. A bit of clarity (The Mrs telling me to screw the nut actually), when it was whoring it down and my hangover was kicking fuck out of me, meant that I stayed put, with a few beers and a steak pie. Watching Soccer Saturday (or whatever it's called on a Thursday), I felt so sorry for the 1600 Motherwell fans who braved the elements, with no public transport, shelled out cash and were served up with an utter humiliation from a Club who really shouldn't be at our level.

This season can't end quickly enough, there is not 1 single player who I'd be disappointed to see leave. Fucking miles out the lot of them and they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves today.

The Club as a whole has had a helluva lot of turmoil this season...we'll be back though, but there is a huge rebuild required in The Summer

Been attending matches since mid 60s seen good and bad this season has to be some of the worst most spineless displays ever including ally McLeods era.Very little positives games we've won have been lucky not won a game comfortably since beating St Johnstone last Xmas too many imposters and no significant work ethic. Slowest team by miles most second halfs we don't turn up,last season ticket for me unless things improve which I doubt.This lot make malpas,s team look like world beaters dash2.gif

I've had a Motherwell season ticket for 25 years and this is the worst season I've ever endured. The catalogue of pain is unbelievable. A press officer has been appointed as our general manager, the 'freebie' admission to our first home cup tie has been done away with, our most successful manager in living memory has resigned, we've lost to a bunch of part-time Icelandic fish farmers in Europe, gone out in the first round of both domestic cups, won only 5 league games by January - all by only 1 goal - lost 9-0 on aggregate to Hamilton Accies in 2 league games and are only not in the relegation zone due to Ross County and St Mirren being utterly dire. Funnily enough, I didn't think the standard of our play was vastly better last season. We were poor in a lot of games but scraped 1-0 or 2-1 wins because we had a centre half who could defend - Shaun Hutchinson - and a striker with a good all round game who scored goals regularly - Henri Anier. Neither of these guys were replaced well enough in the summer and they were the best 2 players we had. And our midfield was slow and predictable to begin with. David Clarkson and Stephen Pearson would have been two good signings last summer - why weren't they brought in? And what's happened to our once revered youth policy? We don't seem to have any good young kids coming through any more. After all that doom and gloom, I'd like to end on a positive note - Aberdeen have the chance to go 4 points clear at the top of the table on Sunday so they'll probably bottle it and we'll get a result! Up the Well!

There was less bother at this game than the lc one.I only saw 2 people getting lifted/chucked out both in the first half.One seemed to have no idea what was happening as half a dozen police came rushing up the stairs and surrounded him midway through the first half, anyone know what that was about?

Saw a couple of smoke bombs but nothing major, apart from the result I was more pissed off about the state of the seats at the Morrisons end.Covered in bird shit and all sorts, looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months.

Yesterday was my first away trip since the Albion Rovers game; I thought it wasn't possible to be more embarassed post match and I was wrong.

Yesterday essentially reaffirmed everything that we already knew:-

1. Kenny Black is part of the problem and not part of the solution

2. The players are not fit (see point 1 above)

3. We have far too many players the wrong side of 30

4. We have a non existant youth set up

5. We do not have a senior pro left winger in the squad

6. Josh Law is symptomatic of the nepotism shown by McCall

7. Fraser Kerr is not very good in any position

8. Stephen McManus some how won over 40 caps for Scotland

9. Simon Ramsden is made of glass

10. Wearing expensive colourful boots does not make you a good footballer

11. James McFadden has more creativity and class in his left big toe than that whole team yesterday; releasing him was a clusterfuck of a decision

12. If we continue to sign Championship reserve players, our destination is going to be a fairly straight forward one

13. The club is completely directionless and has been for quite some time

14. The players don't care.

• Like 1

Wasn't at the game and feel for those who were. I have seen the "highlights" and it is immediately obvious that when we lose possession (which is all too easily done and way too often) there is a clear lack of determination to win it back. If this was fantasy football you'd be using your wildcard right now and selecting an almost completely new side.

Just watched highlights there and got a better view of 2nd half goals.Whilst he is by no means exclusively to blame , Fraser Kerr's defending is woeful.People were saying give him a run in his true position of centre half.

I thought he looked a player when I saw him make his debut, a few years ago against ict, but think that was one of his last good games

What a shambles that was. I had felt most of the season that while we have not been good, we have also been unlucky. Slips leading to goals against, no breaks etc. Indeed the first half against Ross County was our worst performance of the season...... Until yesterday!

Fuck me, an absolute clusterfuck. No drive, no hunger, inept marking. We were quite simply played off the park by Accies.

I thought in the first half Ojamaa looked like he was at least trying to create and make things happen from his left wing outpost, but in the second half he completley dissapeared along with the rest of the team. Thomas put in a good ball when he came on, and the other youngster Cadden?? at least put himself about and tried to get in positions. If Barraclough started with softly softly approaches the first few weeks, well he needs to ditch that and kick arses now! That was fucking brutal!

As much as i love the atmosphere that has previously been created by the younger lads i have found myself cringing at the regular smoke bombs and distruptive nature of a small minority of them. Getting boring now. Sing away and make noise but anything else is just getting us a bad reputation.

• Like 2

Yesterday was my first away trip since the Albion Rovers game; I thought it wasn't possible to be more embarassed post match and I was wrong.

Yesterday essentially reaffirmed everything that we already knew:-

1. Kenny Black is part of the problem and not part of the solution

2. The players are not fit (see point 1 above)

3. We have far too many players the wrong side of 30

4. We have a non existant youth set up

5. We do not have a senior pro left winger in the squad

6. Josh Law is symptomatic of the nepotism shown by McCall

7. Fraser Kerr is not very good in any position

8. Stephen McManus some how won over 40 caps for Scotland

9. Simon Ramsden is made of glass

10. Wearing expensive colourful boots does not make you a good footballer

11. James McFadden has more creativity and class in his left big toe than that whole team yesterday; releasing him was a clusterfuck of a decision

12. If we continue to sign Championship reserve players, our destination is going to be a fairly straight forward one

13. The club is completely directionless and has been for quite some time

14. The players don't care.

Good summary. Forgot about Angol being a total crapper however.

Just watched the highlights. Defending for the goals, particularly the ones where Kerr made an absolute arse of them was beyond pathetic. To think McCall punted Page and Saunders but re-signed this clown. Stunning.

I'm not hugely impressed with O'Brien but he's streets ahead of Kerr.

1420221662[/url]' post='428071']

Just watched the highlights. Defending for the goals, particularly the ones where Kerr made an absolute arse of them was beyond pathetic. To think McCall punted Page and Saunders but re-signed this clown. Stunning.

Motherwell Miners have defenders streets ahead of Kerr, yet, we've had others advocating he must get a run in a natural position!

Careful now, I've said this from the beginning and been slated for it. Kerr is an absolute cart horse, there are better defenders in the juniors, I am being entirely serious. The fact he makes a living from professional football angers me.

• Like 1

Why do our managers keep defending the players,they always make excuses after every poor result.they need to be told a few home truths.

I have no doubt that the players are being told some home truths behind closed doors. There's no point in the manager giving them pelters in the press, is there?

As much as i love the atmosphere that has previously been created by the younger lads i have found myself cringing at the regular smoke bombs and distruptive nature of a small minority of them. Getting boring now. Sing away and make noise but anything else is just getting us a bad reputation.

Indeed. A football support that lets off the odd smoke bomb or gets a bit boisterous now & then. We'll be the talk of Europe before long with these cringeworthy antics.

Careful now, I've said this from the beginning and been slated for it. Kerr is an absolute cart horse, there are better defenders in the juniors, I am being entirely serious. The fact he makes a living from professional football angers me.

You have probably been slated because 'carthorse' normally implies lack of speed and Kerr isn't particularly amiss in that department.

• Like 1