Motherwell V Aberdeen 04/01/15

Yabba's Turd

Im still off monday so with the cash I wasted on NYD. I will be keeping my money in my pocket & watching this from the comfort of my own couch as I will be able to turn it off as I please, with a few cans, followed by the darts.

Would cut my right baw off for a win against this mob but realistically thinking a defeat by 2 goals, they dont really score enough goals as what they probably should(touch wood).

You will be luck if you see me turn up again this season to watch that utter gang that call themselves a fitba team. I travel from Fife to most home & away games when i can and the humilation from yesterday when i could have wasted my time lying in my scratcher or going to a party the night before will take a lot of convincing before i waste my heard earned dough on them. Fucking torcher.

I was furious with the performance against Accies but we can't fall into a state of complete dejection because if we do that as a support the club is basically doomed to relegation.

It's difficult but we have to get back up again for the Aberdeen match. There is no point criticising players for a perceived lack of moral character when we are in this difficult situation if you as a supporter can't set them an example.

I know its a two way street but at the end of the day Motherwell Football Club should mean more to supporters than it does to a guy who wouldn't know where Motherwell is if there wasn't a professional contract in it for him.

That doesn't mean that we need to delude ourselves. The players deserve criticism but when the next game comes round we also have to support these same guys because the future of our club is in their hands.

• Like 1

I'm quite pleased that the Aberdeen game is so soon after yesterday's debacle.

Yesterday won't be forgotten by supporters nor will I'm sure the manager allow the team to forget it - the implications of it will for some I suspect will be felt further down the line - but playing again so quickly after allows for the focus to swiftly change towards something different.

I wouldn't say I'm overly hopeful of a result all the same.

We were brutal yesterday but lets not get carried away with the BBC Aberdeen hype machine. We finished the season better than them last season despite them being the 2nd coming of the 'Gothenberg Greats'. They also only managed a 1-0 over us a couple of months back at their own shit hole, and even that was due to McManus slipping.

Yes, they are better than us, but if we turn up we can give them a game

I was furious with the performance against Accies but we can't fall into a state of complete dejection because if we do that as a support the club is basically doomed to relegation.

It's difficult but we have to get back up again for the Aberdeen match. There is no point criticising players for a perceived lack of moral character when we are in this difficult situation if you as a supporter can't set them an example.

I know its a two way street but at the end of the day Motherwell Football Club should mean more to supporters than it does to a guy who wouldn't know where Motherwell is if there wasn't a professional contract in it for him.

That doesn't mean that we need to delude ourselves. The players deserve criticism but when the next game comes round we also have to support these same guys because the future of our club is in their hands.

Absolutely this. I decided in the summer to go to home games only and give more money to the club. Hence I missed the debacle from yesterday, but after the loss to Albion Rovers I have vowed not to pay to watch football on a plastic pitch. We will probably all end up with one in the future, but the ball bounces all over the place and the home side has a huge advantage in that they train and play on it most days.

Will go to all the home games though, even those on TV. Will not abandon the team even if some of the players deserve little support. Need to get behind the team and ensure we stay in this league, so we can rebuild in the summer.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to assess whether Aberdeen have the credentials to potentially push Celtic for the next month or two. It will also be interesting to see if Cadden and Thomas get their chance now.

We've been going round in circles since Iceland and I'm struggling to have any feeling for many of those who represent our club while we continue to be undermined by a legacy of unprofessionalism, incompetence and self pity. Baraclough does provide hope but he has the odds stacked against him at present.

In the meantime, I anticipate a Kenny Black style performance where we'll try hard for a wee while before blowing out our arse and being unpicked with ease.

1420219070[/url]' post='428064']

Hopefully the manager rings the changes, will be really disappointed if it's a similar team that plays!

Exactly right, to be honest I really want to see baraclough throw in some big changes for sunday, see what he's really made of. Possibly entirely change back 4 or maybe a new goalie from u20

I'm not sure how much scope he has to make the kind of changes he might want to. There's quite a few injuries on the go just now that are having knock-on effects on other positions of the team.

Take left-back. I don't know if Hammell was withdrawn as a precaution or whether he's goosed again but if he's gone, ZFA isn't fit and presumably now Ramsden is out also you're looking at Reid over at left-back.

You might think of slotting Law at right-back then, but if the centre of midfield is going to be missing Lawson, Vigurs, Carswell and Ramsden then there's a decision to be made there.

All it might take of course is the return of one player to open up some further options but if we don't get anyone else back that wasn't available before we kicked off at Hamilton then it seems to me bar perhaps the inclusion of Thomas from the start any changes we make will more likely be down to attempting to fill a jersey rather than through deliberate tactical choice.

Its about time these feckers were slapped down a bit so i hope we get right in about them from the kick off. Given our current form though i think we might struggle but even though Aberdeen are the 2015-16 champions league winners elect they dont score a lot if goals. So if we can keep it tight and the players turn up and look interested we might get something from the game, big ifs i know but never say never.

Keep it tight? The way we kept it tight yesterday? Or Celtic recently? Or Aberdeen at Pittodrie? Or Dundee at home? This team aren't capable of keeping it tight.

Not having a go at anyone by the way, I agree with what folk are saying but has anyone seen any sort of game plan or endeavour so far this season?

Hopefully O'Brien is back as in Kerr and McManus we have 2 of the most gutless, incapable, uninterested and unwilling centre halves we've ever had. Failing that, and with Hammell and Ramsden no doubt out, we'll have Ferguson and Reid also in the back four! Jesus wept!

Could be 0-4 or 0-5 easily here but since the players seem to just shrug these defeats off pick up their reasonably handsome salaries and not give a fuck I guess we'll just have live with that.