Motherwell V Aberdeen 04/01/15

Yabba's Turd

Poor poor show again today.

We really look like a team heading for the exit door. Far to many passengers and players not up to the job at this level.

Reid for a start looks more like the player who couldn't get a game at championship level. Kerr is out his depth as well.

Ainsworth is one of the laziest and uninterested players I have ever seen. McManus strolls around like a player who doesn't care but knows he'll be picked every week.

Ojamma looks equally as uninterested and i would gladly send him back at the end of the month.

Thomas was a breath of fresh air when he came as he was screaming for the ball and wanted to take players on.

Sadly we are landed with this team till the summer . Let's hope it'll not be to late by then.

Poor poor show again today.

We really look like a team heading for the exit door. Far to many passengers and players not up to the job at this level.

Reid for a start looks more like the player who couldn't get a game at championship level. Kerr is out his depth as well.

Ainsworth is one of the laziest and uninterested players I have ever seen. McManus strolls around like a player who doesn't care but knows he'll be picked every week.

Ojamma looks equally as uninterested and i would gladly send him back at the end of the month.

Thomas was a breath of fresh air when he came as he was screaming for the ball and wanted to take players on.

Sadly we are landed with this team till the summer . Let's hope it'll not be to late by then.

Agree with most of that apart from your opinion on Ojamma, he was the only one in the team that looked a threat today, until Thomas came on. Spot on re Kerr and Reid both of tbem should be dumped asap both are well out of their depth. As for Ainsworth, yes he is a lazy Bar steward but he has the ability when he puts his mind to it so if Barraclough can get him to up the effort we might see something from him this season

Sorry but I don't get the Reid hatred. He's not the most talented but at least gives 100% every time, something which we badly need at this time

As i said the other day nothing against Craig Reid but he should be nowhere near our team and him playing in midfield is a sad sight.

The fact McCall and large parts of our support think guys of the level of Wee Dan, Reid, Law, Vigurs and Lawson are Motherwell standard is why there is a decent chance we'll be playing lower league football next season.

Who fancies a wee Irish wonder from baraclough? Hopefully so, but I'm too happy to see o'brien go I wish I could find player stats from the game cos I'm certain he didn't make a complete pass. Josh law, for me, would be a really good right back, Thomas should be played more often, does anyone know if he is fast? Cadden should get another chance, I'd possibly use Erwin for his pace compared to Sutton but needs to have more footballing skills

15 minutes of exciting football inspired by the introduction of Thomas and Erwin. Unfortunately it was preceded by the drivel we became used to under McCall.

Little sign of Baraclough's passing game today but you have little option when Lasley isn't accompanied by at least 1 midfielder. Unfortunately the long ball is never going to work when you have an isolated striker with led boots.

Solid enough debut from Luke Watt, good luck to him.

I thought McManus lack of leadership in the middle of such an inexperienced back line was deplorable. My views on him have been mixed from the outset but it's clear his heart is not in it.

Time to roll up the sleeves.

Didn't think we were that bad today. Poor on the attack, but looked generally more interested in applying themselves to the hard work, Ainsworth massively aside. Law again impressed me, and if he continues to improve, he'll certainly do us a job. I don't think Reid is much cop, but I don't think his attitude can be questioned, and we'll need that in this battle.

Thought all three young players were very good, especially Thomas, and want him to start asap, but would agree that he's an asset to be protected.

• Like 1

Little sign of Baraclough's passing game today but you have little option when Lasley isn't accompanied by at least 1 midfielder

Lasley is part of the problem not the solution. He cant pass a ball. Twice in the first half he had to head clear his miscued attempts at booting the ball up the park -pretty embarrassing when your captain and midfielder that plays virtually every minute of the season does that. He's meant to protect the defence and can't even do that competently enough.

Watching carthorses like him Sutton kerr Reid McManus all who have no technical ability makes my blood boil. Running around (like a headless chicken) should no longer be considered as acceptable for a Motherwell player. We will never be sucessful, particularly as a passing team, with all these in the side. Late edit forgot O'Brien from that the list.

My God that was utter, utter shite from start to finish.

Found myself a bit perplexed when I first heard the starting line-up given the nick of the performance from almost the exact same team a couple of days ago...but I think Bara probably didn't want a left-hand side of Watt and Thomas due to them both being inexperienced. What we ended up with though was a starting 11 with no naturally left-footed players and I felt a tad sorry for Watt and Law, as neither of them looked comfortable in my opinion. Watt was targeted from the start by Aberdeen and was caught underneath the ball or out of position a good few times. Law, like others have said, doesn't hide but the fact he isn't very good AND right footed meant he was on a hiding to nothing from the start.

Kerr is just awful, everywhere he plays, and I was still going off my head about his pish pass to notice what influence Mick the Dick had on their 1st goal.

We had 1 (old) man in midfield on his tod, and it was pretty embarrassing how he was 1st to show for the ball on more than 1 occasion whilst the likes of Ainsworth hid. The injury list has crippled Bara to a degree, but would Carswell, Leitch or Vigurs been any better today than Reid?

Wee Dan, is never an SPL level keeper, as can be witnessed by how he made a howling cunt of the 2nd goal, added to the fact he was Dundees 3rd choice.

Woody Harrelson up front, is becoming an embarrassment, his lack of pace is incredible and the fact that he cannae seem to get his feet off the deck is frightening. Erwin, showed more movement in 20mins than he did in 70.

Stuart McCall has left 1 load of shite behind and Barraclough has been left to pick up the pieces...hopefully he has a big list of contacts because he needs to replace Neilsen, Wee Dan, ZFA, Mick the Dick, Cummins, Kerr, Reid, Law, Vigurs, Lawson, Ojamma, Sutton and McHugh in the Summer.

Struggling to find many positives other than Thomas and Erwin, but by God, throwing youngsters on and surrounding them with shite is a risky strategy for the sake of their development.

P.s., not seen the penalty incident on TV, but if Mick did handle the ball on the line he should be kicked right in the balls...if he didn't, Collum should receive the same punishment.

Outcome as expected, result not quite as bad as some feared and although the performance was certainly a bit better than Ne'erday, pretty much anything would be batter than Ne'erday.

When it boils down to it the bare facts are that we've conceded a goal stemming from a mistake from us and a second stemming from a mistake from the referee. That's not to say Aberdeen didn't deserve the win - they did, that they didn't dominate possession - this they did also - and didn't have a hatful of other opportunities to score - this they did too.

All the same I'm still left a little irritated.

I wouldn't say we were exactly threatening the Aberdeen goal but the introduction of Thomas and Erwin gave us a spark and energy about us that was missing throughout the previous hour. I've seen plenty games like that today where one side has dominated but failed to kill the game and then inexplicably not managed to get the win they've deserved. I kind of had that feeling today the longer the game was going on.

Collum didn't cost us the game, but he did cost us the opportunity of getting something from it in the last five minutes and has also potentially had a negative impact on our chances of securing a positive outcome in our next fixture too.

• Like 1

The thing that really concerns me is that we got, albeit not by playing well, the points we needed against St.Mirren, Partick and Ross County, pulled away from the relegation zone a bit and instead of getting better we've got worse again.

The 2nd half against Partick, the Accies match and the first 70 minutes today were as bad as we've been all season, when you'd think we would have got a bit of a boost, taken some pressure off our selves and pushed on.

What is going on?

I think underpinning all our problems is the centre of midfield. Without wanting to get into a debate who is best of the following, but the first six we'd pick central midfielders from are Lasley, Leitch, Vigurs, Lawson, Carswell and Ramsden. Recurring theme - five of them are injured or in Carswell's case, recovering from injury.

This in turn means we lose the midfield and a whack of pressure ends up on our defence. Considering how much pressure was on us I think our defence coped reasonably well but sadly all of them minus Watt were at fault for the first goal. Kerr's ball was dismal and McManus and O'Brien got into a right fankle defending the ball played to Rooney.

The second goal was a refereeing masterclass in how not to do it. The whole attack happened because we were pushing. I'd have been annoyed at how open we were if it was 0-0 or in the first half but at 88 minutes I have no complaints. Smith's shot was an absolute bullet, it brushed Law as well and whacked McManus's (down) elbow from point black range. Even if it was handball, it certainly wasn't deliberate and even from the stand I knew it wasn't handball. The ball rocketed upwards at such ferocity it was obvious it must have hit bone and not hand. For a FIFA referee to get that so badly wrong is deplorable.

Of course Aberdeen had other chances and deserved to win, and we created little. AInsworth offered nothing today having been the one beacon who started at Hamilton. Ojamaa's endeavour is unquestioned but his decision making is shocking. Thomas and Erwin did well when coming on and I thought Sutton was excellent working off scraps and being fouled constantly by Ash Taylor yet never won a free kick from Collum until the second half.

• Like 1

The thing that really concerns me is that we got, albeit not by playing well, the points we needed against St.Mirren, Partick and Ross County, pulled away from the relegation zone a bit and instead of getting better we've got worse again.

The 2nd half against Partick, the Accies match and the first 70 minutes today were as bad as we've been all season, when you'd think we would have got a bit of a boast, taken some pressure off our selves and pushed on.

What is going on?

Good question.

We may never find out, or at least ever be told honestly what it is but from where I'm sitting it looks like a perfect storm of an untalented, unmotivated, uninterested, unfit and unorganised squad mixed with (I suspect) a lack of leadership and experience off the park, unworkable, unsubstainable business model etc and throw in yer physio of 25 years leaving leading to having more players out injured than at any point in anytime in recent memory.

With regards to the playing side of things it has been many many years since we had all of these elements combine at once and when you look at it logically it is no wonder any team suffering from all this would be so bad.

My question would be, "who's fault is this?" as it could years to fix. Longer if we go down.

I think underpinning all our problems is the centre of midfield. Without wanting to get into a debate who is best of the following, but the first six we'd pick central midfielders from are Lasley, Leitch, Vigurs, Lawson, Carswell and Ramsden. Recurring theme - five of them are injured or in Carswell's case, recovering from injury.

This in turn means we lose the midfield and a whack of pressure ends up on our defence. Considering how much pressure was on us I think our defence coped reasonably well but sadly all of them minus Watt were at fault for the first goal. Kerr's ball was dismal and McManus and O'Brien got into a right fankle defending the ball played to Rooney.

The second goal was a refereeing masterclass in how not to do it. The whole attack happened because we were pushing. I'd have been annoyed at how open we were if it was 0-0 or in the first half but at 88 minutes I have no complaints. Smith's shot was an absolute bullet, it brushed Law as well and whacked McManus's (down) elbow from point black range. Even if it was handball, it certainly wasn't deliberate and even from the stand I knew it wasn't handball. The ball rocketed upwards at such ferocity it was obvious it must have hit bone and not hand. For a FIFA referee to get that so badly wrong is deplorable.

Of course Aberdeen had other chances and deserved to win, and we created little. AInsworth offered nothing today having been the one beacon who started at Hamilton. Ojamaa's endeavour is unquestioned but his decision making is shocking. Thomas and Erwin did well when coming on and I thought Sutton was excellent working off scraps and being fouled constantly by Ash Taylor yet never won a free kick from Collum until the second half.

Agree with all of this and whilst our level of performance wasn't good by a long way it was a million times better than what we got served up on Sunday. With what we had available we didn't disgrace ourselves, that being said how Ainsworth lasted the 90 on that performance is a mystery. Thomas was definitely a bright spark, I hope he is used sensibly in the second half of the season. Definitely got talent but shouldn't be burdened with to much expectation to dig the team out of our current mediocrity.

It was very poor till Thomas came on and wanted to take his man on rather than lump to ball clear, however Baraclough has said that pressure and passing play is his philosophy so let's see how that develops he's only been in charge for 4 games. Let's give them a break you can't throw all the young players on at once the experienced players are the ones that need to step up, for me today we saw how the likes of Ainsworth has had so many clubs he hid all day. We need players to move into space to receive passes , I'm afraid it's a very lazy bunch we have Aberdeen constantly had men running off the ball creating at times we would have been as well having police cones out there.

A lot of work on the training ground required just to survive this season