Injuries

fizoxy

So, it was mentioned that vigurs and Moore would be back next week, but any news on Lawson and leitch? What are their injuries? What is hammel's injury?

It seems that this has been one of those seasons, but is it reasonable to put this down to our long time physio leaving? Did he have an effect on the prevention of injury, or was he better at spotting the bullshitters?

I think we have just been hit by statistical probability. The last couple of seasons we fared better than average with injuries, this season worse than average. We just suffer more because of the small squad numbers.

Although it's probably true that when the team is struggling, players are less likely to be motivated to play through the niggles.

Leitch is out for the season with a knee injury. Think he's had surgery.

Not sure about Lawson.

Leitchy is expecting to be back in March, his rehab going well. Most others should be fit in the next week or so I'd expect.

It's the difference between having a squad of young fit players and has been/never been unfit and injury prone guys.

It underlines the importance of guys likes Hateley and Reynolds who never missed a game for years and credit should go to Lasley and Sutton who have been almost ever presents since the summer before last.

So, it was mentioned that vigurs and Moore would be back next week, but any news on Lawson and leitch? What are their injuries? What is hammel's injury?

It seems that this has been one of those seasons, but is it reasonable to put this down to our long time physio leaving? Did he have an effect on the prevention of injury, or was he better at spotting the bullshitters?

I'm fed up hearing about how our injury list is even partly due to JP leaving. I'm sure the present physio worked along side JP during the past few years and is a capable replacement.

Injuries are, no doubt, a part of our present malaise, but looking for someone to blame on this front is a long way off IMO

I'm fed up hearing about how our injury list is even partly due to JP leaving. I'm sure the present physio worked along side JP during the past few years and is a capable replacement.

Quite right too. Adam Stokes is a very capable replacement and had he not made the step up with us we may have lost him.

On the issue of injuries - any news on ZFA? He seems to have disappeared wthout trace.

I know why you posted this but we have no left hand side at all and haven't had for months and its cost us. Personally I'd play ZFA wide left midfield with Steve Hammell at left back, if he's ever fit.

The trouble with that is that Hammy along with everyone else on the park/ in the ground has no idea what ZFA is going to do. For example I've seen Hammy hit it long for him only to discover that he checked back, if hits it to feet he's guaranteed to knock it back usually putting him under pressure, he's been here for years now and in my opinion is worse than he was to begin with.

Its a bad day when the only justification for a player being near the 1st team is because he is left-footed. The very fact that we dont have a left-sided midfielder in the squad is a sad indictment on McCall. ZFA may have a left-foot but thats about the only thing I can think of that he has in his favour.

Totally agree. ZFA is left footed, is pacy and good going forward, but his defending is mercurial and erratic.

It's the difference between having a squad of young fit players and has been/never been unfit and injury prone guys.

It underlines the importance of guys likes Hateley and Reynolds who never missed a game for years and credit should go to Lasley and Sutton who have been almost ever presents since the summer before last.

Well Hammell has hardly missed a match in 15 years and he's been out most of the season.

You can't really account for these things.