Motherwell V Kilmarnock Postponed

Yabba's Turd

Tricky one, I dont even know where to start to be honest.

I want to drop a lot of the team but I don't think we have the bodies waiting in the wings for a mass change. For me, that is down to injuries, reserve players not being good enough and also my lack of knowledge on a lot of the youth players. (e.g. Luke Watt I had seen once before). I dont really subscribe to the 'drop them there must be someone better' argument.

Nielsen/Twardzik

Law OB McManus Hammell

Cadden Lasley Carswell Thomas

Sutton Erwin

GK - Said it before, not a lot between Dan and Nielsen to be honest. Both not great. Similar shot stopping abilities and similar (lack of) catching a cross abilities. If Nielsen is likely to go this window I would stick with Dan rather than drop him. If Nielsen is going to be around until the summer I would make a change and give Nielsen a go.

LB - Hammell. Expecting he will be ready for this week. No brainer.

RB - Law. For me, has done well there and created 2 goals from that position

CB - OB and McManus dont deserve to be there but I genuinely believe they are the best we have. Cummins/Kerr/Reid are worse. Ramsden injured. Ferguson is not ready from what I have seen.

RW - Ainsworth has been murder. Give Cadden a go.

CM - Lasley and Carswell are our best pairing for the moment. Lawson/Vigurs/Leitch I would consider if fit.

LM - Thomas. Only positive of recent weeks.

CF - Sutton and Erwin. Not much else to choose from really is there? McHugh/Moore injured.

Imo Nielsen is our best goalie and was so last year as well, I don't think he's been given a fair crack at it with us. He made a few blunders last year but so do all keepers who are new to a club, if he had a good run of games I think we would have seen a better than average keeper!!

Plenty of clubs down south wanted him and Man City wanted to keep him, i'm pretty sure the scouting system and coaches there know more than the people on this forum!!

Nielsen had a good game in the 3-3 with Celtic and then was dropped for 3 crunch games. Dropped for a keeper we had no intention of offering a new contract to. He clearly wasn't trusted by the previous regime (or maybe McManus chose the team?).

As it happens, I think Twardzik has the potential to develop into a keeper that will play at a higher level. 22/23 is young for a keeper. For what he lacks physically, I think he has a wee bit of steel about him and plenty of natural abity. Unfortunately he has a defence in front of him that will undermine any potential to develop at present.

The two golakeepers at the moment are possibly the worst we have ever had. Throw Hollis into the mix to complete the top 3!

Could this be anything to do with the goalkeeping coach who I believe McCall left all decisions to him. There is no doubt the

goalkeeping situation has deteriorated drastically since he came on board.

Imo Nielsen is our best goalie and was so last year as well, I don't think he's been given a fair crack at it with us. He made a few blunders last year but so do all keepers who are new to a club, if he had a good run of games I think we would have seen a better than average keeper!!

Plenty of clubs down south wanted him and Man City wanted to keep him, i'm pretty sure the scouting system and coaches there know more than the people on this forum!!

Replace Nielsen with Twardzik and your description isn't a million miles away from describing Dan's first six months at Fir Park.

I'm not totally convinced that you are right in terms of Man City wanting to keep hold of him. I understood he was about to be freed, got an extra year because keepers ahead of him were injured and when they returned he was bumped. But that's a moot point,

There isn't a huge amount in it between them. There are elements of their game where one is better than the other.

It is often mentioned about Nielsen's terms being generally more agreeable than some, I have no idea if that is the case, but if so perhaps it is better that until someone better comes along, the younger player with greater potential for development and re-sale value and who has that extra year on his contract remains first choice. Particularly if there is a chance that Nielsen may move on before the close of the window.

Not even close.

John Gardiner and Howard Samaroff are easily worse than any of those three.

Did Sammy play many games for the 'well? My memories of him are mainly from Junior football.Those with longer memories might recall the bomb scare that was Ally Hunter, and he got capped!Still reckon Woods is the worst long term custodian I have had the pleasure to see at Fir Park, though Gardiner would run him close.On the plus side, Rennie, Dykstra, Maxwell, Ruddy and Randolph were all pretty decent.

Did Sammy play many games for the 'well? My memories of him are mainly from Junior football.Those with longer memories might recall the bomb scare that was Ally Hunter, and he got capped!Still reckon Woods is the worst long term custodian I have had the pleasure to see at Fir Park, though Gardiner would run him close.On the plus side, Rennie, Dykstra, Maxwell, Ruddy and Randolph were all pretty decent.

No Howard Sameroff didn't play many games - the odd one as a stop gap. Ally Maxwell was never very impressive either until his later days with us - we never thought he was going to make it.

It certainly took time for Maxwell to come good, but he did in his last couple of seasons.Just remembered Billy Thompson. He was fairly average at best. And Keith MacRae who was decent but went south with his proper job and had a few games with Man City before a howler cost him his place.

Woods was shite, but not Twardzik/Neilsen level of shite

You must have a short memory, or time is a great healer Stevie Woods was fucking horrendous, never forgive him for some of his cock ups especially the one against Rangers last game of the season at FP when he fucked up and gave the ball to Gordon Dury to score.

Maybe he didn't seem as bad as he had some decent defenders around him. Unlike Dan who has been hung out to dry by our defense all season.

Unlike Dan who has been hung out to dry by our defense all season.

Dan doesn't have a great defence in front of him granted, but his biggest problem is his midfield and in particular his central midfield who leave him and the defence far too exposed.

You must have a short memory, or time is a great healer Stevie Woods was fucking horrendous, never forgive him for some of his cock ups especially the one against Rangers last game of the season at FP when he fucked up and gave the ball to Gordon Dury to score.

Maybe he didn't seem as bad as he had some decent defenders around him. Unlike Dan who has been hung out to dry by our defense all season.

Pretty sure that wasn't the last game of the season. If my memory serves me correct that was a Scottish Cup tie which Durie equalised to send the tie to a replay which we lost. Something also comes into my head that this was Andy Watsons game in charge after McLeish left us.

Don't think Woods was that bad a keeper, again I think he was unfortunate in that we had been spoiled with Seib for a bit. The Twardzik comments on stature and shot-stopping ability are similar to comments from Man Utd fans about De Gea. I'm not saying Twardzik can be as good as De Gea but it shows that fan opinion can quickly change once a keeper gains some confidence in his own ability and in his defence and to a certain extent is part of a winning team.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that wasn't the last game of the season. If my memory serves me correct that was a Scottish Cup tie which Durie equalised to send the tie to a replay which we lost. Something also comes into my head that this was Andy Watsons game in charge after McLeish left us.

Spot on Dodge.

Think we went on to lose the replay at Ibrox the following midweek 3-0. Pretty sure I was in hospital and missed the replay.

Andy Goram anyone ?

He was waaaayyyy past his best and carrying some extra pie weight when he joined us.

Anyway back on topic.

We are as poor as i've seen us since Malpas was in charge. We need a confidence boosting performance.

heart says 2 -1 Well. Head says 1 - 0 Killie

I can vividly remember how bad Stevie Woods was, believe me. But that doesnt say much for Wee Dan

And I raise you John Fallon dash2.gif

Andy Goram anyone ?

He was waaaayyyy past his best and carrying some extra pie weight when he joined us.

goram.JPG

Hopefully we can dig out a result in a similar manner that we did against St Mirren and Thistle. I can see Eremenko running the show. Don't think I can stomach watching Josh Megennis tear our defence apart again. Really need to start picking up points as county have made a few decent additions to there squad over the past week.