Motherwell V Kilmarnock Postponed

Yabba's Turd

I wasn't exactly looking forward to watching two poor teams on a freezing day and it probably suits Barraclough as if he loses this one then gets the doings we are expecting at celtic park and tannadice he would be under pressure.

Hopefully this will get rearranged for the scottish cup saturday in march.

If it's just the East that's damaged, couldn't the we just run with the three stands, similar to what Dundee did a couple of weeks ago?

Football on a Saturday would be more beneficial than a midweek game?!?!

no, it tells you why in the statement if you can see it

I wasn't exactly looking forward to watching two poor teams on a freezing day and it probably suits Barraclough as if he loses this one then gets the doings we are expecting at celtic park and tannadice he would be under pressure.

Hopefully this will get rearranged for the scottish cup saturday in march.

Saturday February 7th is available as the next cup day.

no, it tells you why in the statement if you can see it

From what I read, it said the damage to the south and cooper was minimal and given the weather forecast for tomorrow doesn't suggest any sort of high winds I too don't see any reason why they couldn't have just shut the east. We could probably have housed everyone in two stands truth be told.

I think this is just an excuse to call the game off early given the possibility that it might be off due to snow forecast tonight into tomorrow.

We should have made sure this game was on by hook or by crook given the fixtures we have coming up.

From what I read, it said the damage to the south and cooper was minimal and given the weather forecast for tomorrow doesn't suggest any sort of high winds I too don't see any reason why they couldn't have just shut the east. We could probably have housed everyone in two stands truth be told.

I think this is just an excuse to call the game off early given the possibility that it might be off due to snow forecast tonight into tomorrow.

We should have made sure this game was on by hook or by crook given the fixtures we have coming up.

you can think what you want, I think you're wrong and are making stuff up

Motherwell FC’s SPFL Premiership match with Kilmarnock has been postponed due to storm damage at Fir Park Stadium.

Recent heavy winds have made several areas unsafe and after agreement with the SPFL and Saturday’s opponents, the game will be rearranged for later in the season.

Safety and Facilities Manager Alan Marshall said: “Some of the aluminium facings on the side of the East Stand have been blown off by the wind, making the adjacent panels unsecure.

“Should any others come detached whilst people are in the Stadium, it could pose a real threat to the safety of not only the players and officials on the park, but the spectators inside the ground.

We have tried everything we can to rectify the issue but have been thwarted by either more high winds or snow. Sadly, it would be impossible to not only secure the panels that are visibly hanging loose, but also to check all others in the same area in time for kick-off on Saturday. If another fell and hit someone, the consequences would be unthinkable.

“Regretfully, I have had to insist on the match being postponed to allow us sufficient time to make safe that particular concern, and other areas of more minor storm damage to both the Davie Cooper and Maxim Office Park Stands too.”

‘Well boss Ian Baraclough said: “It’s frustrating but at the same time, the health and safety of everyone inside the ground has got to be the number one consideration.

“We’ll have the players in training tomorrow and work has already begun preparing for this Wednesday night’s match against Celtic.”

The game will now be played on Saturday 7th March 2015 (3pm KO)

you can think what you want, I think you're wrong and are making stuff up

Given the statement specifically states "and other areas of more minor storm damage to both the Davie Cooper and Maxim Office Park Stands too.” this suggests to me that the the "adjacent panels" and "same area" mentioned in the statement are confined to the East Stand.

Given the statement specifically states "and other areas of more minor storm damage to both the Davie Cooper and Maxim Office Park Stands too.” this suggests to me that the the "adjacent panels" and "same area" mentioned in the statement are confined to the East Stand.

and given that you have now read and ignored parts of the statement twice , even when some are highlighted for your benefit , I guess you will just never understand that panels are hanging loose and there has been not enough time to secure them and inspect the other sections, meaning players and officals remain at risk even if no fans were in the ground

and given that you have now read and ignored parts of the statement twice , even when some are highlighted for your benefit , I guess you will just never understand that panels are hanging loose and there has been not enough time to secure them and inspect the other sections, meanging players and officals remain at risk even if no fans were in the ground

I haven't ignored anything. I've simply interpreted what has been said in a different way than you, as has at least one other poster.

Given there is no forecast of heavy winds that might dislodge the offending panels, I would imagine the risk to the the players and officials would be minimal.

Move the fans out of harms way, and the game can go ahead, weather permitting.

It's about time we started acting like a professional outfit, the excuses being banded about for postponements over the years are nothing short of embarrassing.

Seriously, though, if there's a panel(s) loose it may not take a particularly big gust to break it loose.

Gravity may even do its job without any wind.

And while the risk may be minimal, there is still a risk.

Anything to have a go at the club!

I remember the days the east stand was a sturdy beast that just pissed itself now and again...

Fair enough about cancelling the game.

These roasters saying it's embarrassing need to sit back and think about it. If one of those panels fell of and ripped a kids head off then the club would be utter fubar.

Weather was shite yesterday and was utter shite today so the chances of fixing shit today was never going to happen.

Chill the fuck out and build a snowman tomorrow.

• Like 3

Seriously, though, if there's a panel(s) loose it may not take a particularly big gust to break it loose.

Gravity may even do its job without any wind.

And while the risk may be minimal, there is still a risk.

Anything to have a go at the club!

Ach, I'm not being entirely serious.

I blame Flow.

I remember the days the east stand was a sturdy beast that just pissed itself now and again...

Fair enough about cancelling the game.

These roasters saying it's embarrassing need to sit back and think about it. If one of those panels fell of and ripped a kids head off then the club would be utter fubar.

Weather was shite yesterday and was utter shite today so the chances of fixing shit today was never going to happen.

Chill the fuck out and build a snowman tomorrow.

Won't someone please think of the children! That's the point of shutting the east and moving folk to another stand away from the deadly loose panels.

We do seem to be very unlucky with this sort of thing though.

Won't someone please think of the children! That's the point of shutting the east and moving folk to another stand away from the deadly loose panels.

We do seem to be very unlucky with this sort of thing though.

The East stand is essentially a corrugated iron shit fest and needs knocked down, but we have fuck all money so that's that.