Motherwell V Kilmarnock Postponed

Yabba's Turd

Given there is no forecast of heavy winds that might dislodge the offending panels, I would imagine the risk to the the players and officials would be minimal.

Move the fans out of harms way, and the game can go ahead, weather permitting.

It's about time we started acting like a professional outfit, the excuses being banded about for postponements over the years are nothing short of embarrassing.

Panels could be dislodged by a sudden freak gust of wind, vibration, frost damage or even the ball canoning off the panels. To play the game in such circumstances would be reckless in the extreme. Any player standing in the vicinity of a falling panel could be decapitated. Simply not worth the risk.

Think this postponement might come back to kick us in the baws.

Away to Celtic and Dundee Utd now after 3 straight defeats and 11 goals conceded. Two heavy defeats could put us in a bad place.

As for the weather, I'd much rather watch a game with a bit of snow than howling wind and rain.

Has there been any news on whether we can keep Ojamaa? I don't remember reading anything anywhere.

If Ojamaa goes now not only are we absolutely fucked but it then leaves only Lasley and Hammell as the only 2 players we have that I have any affinity with whatsoever. The rest of the team mean nothing to me other than severely disliking many of them.

The clubs communication on matters is absolutely appalling at times. Except when they're asking fans to dig deep. Again.

I have no idea if his loan deal will be extended beyond the end of the month but would hope some wages would be freed up if he leaves. If he's no longer eligible to play again this month and is returning to Poland I expect we would hear sooner rather than later.

With 1 assist and 3 goals from 16 league starts I don't think bringing Ojamaa would be crucial to our season.

I think his attitude has been poor in recent matches and his performances have been noticeably poorer since Baraclough came in as manager.

Perhaps his relationship with Baraclough isn't the best or he has grown increasingly frustrated with the teams poor performances but his head just doesn't seem to be in the right place right now.

If the rumours are true and he is on wages that could pay for maybe two other decent quality players, then I'd be tempted to bring in some new faces.

It's down to the manager thought to get maximum bang for his buck. Ojamaa can certainly provide bang, problem is he just doesn't look like providing it right now and I think we desperately need some changes in the dressing room.

Just hope today wasn't a wasted day off for the players, I hope Baraclough has them in for an extra Yoga session, possibly get them in tomorrow for some Football golf!! should sort the men out from the boys!!

Healthier than a night out down the pub and kebab on the way home (aka The Scottish Players' Diet).

Just hope today wasn't a wasted day off for the players, I hope Baraclough has them in for an extra Yoga session, possibly get them in tomorrow for some Football golf!! should sort the men out from the boys!!

Yoga in addition to normal training should provide great benefits with fitness, strength and flexibility. Good step forward in thinking so fair play to the manager.

I read an article last year about Man U and Man City doing it twice a week with their squads. Giggs was a big fan.

Healthier than a night out down the pub and kebab on the way home (aka The Scottish Players' Diet).

Totally correct mate, I have no doubt the benefit of yoga will help prevent niggles & injuries etc I just felt slightly concerned at Baracloughs press conference yesterday, that he was talking himself up as some type of forward thinking guru manager when the majority of clubs have been doing this for 10 years!! I just hope this is not the full extent of his new fitness regime!!

Totally correct mate, I have no doubt the benefit of yoga will help prevent niggles & injuries etc I just felt slightly concerned at Baracloughs press conference yesterday, that he was talking himself up as some type of forward thinking guru manager when the majority of clubs have been doing this for 10 years!! I just hope this is not the full extent of his new fitness regime!!

We weren't doing it already and I was a bit surprised at that (as the manager probably was too) . I would have thought the physio team old and/or new would have suggested it.

Didn't think he talked himself up at all...just mentioned it!

As we embarked on upgrading Fir Park in the early 90's I can remember having some good natured banter about Broomfield with my Airdrie mates that it was a dump, a relic and not fit for top flight football. They loved the place of course and well knowing it's limitations defended it to the hilt.

I would never call Fir Park a dump - that's sacrilege! But with our wooden constructed Main Stand that's around 50 years old and converted terracing of an East Stand that cannae hawd its water and has bits that fall off when it gets windy with each new incident it makes the topic of moving somewhere new all the more relevant.

Ofcourse at the current minute all we can do is patch it up as best we can and hope we get as long out of it as we can dilapidated as it may well be in parts.

But I tell you what I genuinely fear the day I'm sitting in a soulless shiny new stadium somewhere dreaming of the days that I watched my team in that leaky roofed, cramped, and obstructed East Stand!

I was out all day Friday (walked to Larkhall and back) and the weather wasn't even that bad. A couple of snow flurries that passed over quite quickly, otherwise it was a fairly nice day with a lot of sun.

Don't see how this game couldn't have gone ahead with a bit of urgency. If you ask me we didn't exactly break our backs to get it on.