Motherwell V Kilmarnock Postponed

Yabba's Turd

But I tell you what I genuinely fear the day I'm sitting in a soulless shiny new stadium

Exactly this!

For park is a shite hole but its ours its got the old and the new the only unfinished main stand in the country unique in UK football. For all its faults its got character and I am sure every fan has their own memories of it good times and bad.

So I would hate to be sitting in a new out of the box souless stadium ,no memories no character, no history so as limited as it is and with all its faults I hope we are there for years to come

I was out all day Friday (walked to Larkhall and back) and the weather wasn't even that bad. A couple of snow flurries that passed over quite quickly, otherwise it was a fairly nice day with a lot of sun.

Don't see how this game couldn't have gone ahead with a bit of urgency. If you ask me we didn't exactly break our backs to get it on.

I think it was the storm force winds earlier in the week that caused the damage. They really were destructive. In short you are saying that you simply don't believe Alan Marshall and the club?

I think it was the storm force winds earlier in the week that caused the damage. They really were destructive. In short you are saying that you simply don't believe Alan Marshall and the club?

I think he is saying he believes there was some damage but doesnt think the club rushed to fix it! As I do.

Surely with all day friday and up until 12 on saturday the club could have put out a notice closing the east for the game and getting the loose panels checked if they really wanted to.

• Like 1

I think he is saying he believes there was some damage but doesnt think the club rushed to fix it! As I do.

Surely with all day friday and up until 12 on saturday the club could have put out a notice closing the east for the game and getting the loose panels checked if they really wanted to.

What about those with season tickets in the east? Just tell them to pick any seat they want in the Cooper or the main? What if a couple of hundred people with season tickets in the east arrive in the main stand and Cooper and take seats that are already allocated, only for the owners to arrive a bit later and ask them to move? All manner of chaos and nonsense would have been the order of the day.

It would have been virtually impossible to organise at such short notice. The club did the right thing is having the match postponed in my opinion.

I'm not even sure why it's an issue for some people. It happens at various clubs all over the country at this time of year. We get shit weather in Britain over the winter period. That's just how it goes.

1421517922[/url]' post='429522']

Totally correct mate, I have no doubt the benefit of yoga will help prevent niggles & injuries etc I just felt slightly concerned at Baracloughs press conference yesterday, that he was talking himself up as some type of forward thinking guru manager when the majority of clubs have been doing this for 10 years!! I just hope this is not the full extent of his new fitness regime!!

Just watched his interview, no way is he making himself out to be a guru, he was keen to talk up the advantages of yoga, which is fine, by me.I don't think it will have been practiced at Motherwell for the last 10 years

Thought he spoke very well, again, hope the players buy into his ideas

What about those with season tickets in the east? Just tell them to pick any seat they want in the Cooper or the main? What if a couple of hundred people with season tickets in the east arrive in the main stand and Cooper and take seats that are already allocated, only for the owners to arrive a bit later and ask them to move? All manner of chaos and nonsense would have been the order of the day.

It would have been virtually impossible to organise at such short notice. The club did the right thing is having the match postponed in my opinion.

I'm not even sure why it's an issue for some people. It happens at various clubs all over the country at this time of year. We get shit weather in Britain over the winter period. That's just how it goes.

Killie fans housed in the main stand and open up the south for all east stand season ticket holders. There, its fixed in 10 seconds!

• Like 1

I'm not taking about what caused the damage I'm saying that Friday was a decent enough day and that the repairs could have been done Friday/Saturday morning. The statement made it sound as if the weather has been so terrible it simply wasn't possible to repair the damage.

Maybe I'm underestimating the damage but surely if it was securing or removing loose advertising panels on the East Stand that wouldn't been a huge job.

There was a game maybe a couple of seasons ago when one of the advertising panels came loose just before the game and they fixed it there and then, albeit with a slight delay.

• Like 1

What a bunch of stadium experts eh.. Qualifications = ,looked out the window and saw the weather and it looked ok . Get real any chance of a player or fan getting injured would anyone really sign up to be responsible for that ? Better sticking to forums I think

• Like 1

Killie fans housed in the main stand and open up the south for all east stand season ticket holders. There, its fixed in 10 seconds!

Only if you completely ignore the point I made about the allocation of seats.

If the game could have been played, it would have been played. Unless there's people on here who either believe our staff are fucking idiots, or that they intentionally neglected their duties in order to prevent the game being played?

Only if you completely ignore the point I made about the allocation of seats.

If the game could have been played, it would have been played. Unless there's people on here who either believe our staff are fucking idiots, or that they intentionally neglected their duties in order to prevent the game being played?

Maybe he's ignored it because it's completely irrelevant if you house them in the south. Even then you could probably have housed everyone in the main and cooper stands and still not have anyone sitting in anyone else's allocated seat. It's a non issue.

I think if the game had been scheduled to be on TV we may have seen more of an urgent attempt to get the structural damage sorted, but as the game was also in doubt due to the forecasted snow on the Friday night we took the easy option and called it off early. Some think it was the correct decision, some don't.

However, for a club who's always bleating on about how skint we are at this time of year plus the fixtures we have in the coming weeks I'm surprised we didn't get it on, especially as the weather on the Saturday morning was forecast and turned out to be pretty mild.

However, for a club who's always bleating on about how skint we are at this time of year plus the fixtures we have in the coming weeks I'm surprised we didn't get it on, especially as the weather on the Saturday morning was forecast and turned out to be pretty mild.

That just adds to the evidence that it wasn't possible to address the problems in the time available.

• Like 2