Celtic v Motherwell 21/01/15

Andy_P

these cunts were mollycoddled for too long under mccall and it shows big time,theres not one ounce of fight or professional pride currently in this team and i seriously think there taking us down and there's nothing barraclough will be able to do about it.

• Like 1

these cunts were mollycoddled for too long under mccall and it shows big time,theres not one ounce of fight or professional pride currently in this team and i seriously think there taking us down and there's nothing barraclough will be able to do about it.

Agreed.

McCall basically made it clear that he was fine with Ainsworth only bothering his arse once every 3 games or Vigurs wandering about cluelessly every time the other team have the ball. If the manager doesn't care why should the players?

1421879455[/url]' post='429955']

[/quote

'

He's enjoying working wit the players, he's working hard at getting players in and getting existing ones fit, he wants his players to be brave/ want the ball - can accept that even if make mistakes,

He said he has drilled it into players to not give their man space in the box, they are either deaf or don't care

Who was it that we had to throw in at centre defence a few years ago, possibly against Aberdeen and we got a result. Was it Page and Cummins. Neither of them great but they put the effort in and we got a result.

That was a phenomenal performance from a severely depleted team. Albeit it was a pretty shite Aberdeen team we were playing. Hammell scored the winner with an absolute belter.

I'd give Cummins a shot at centre half instead of McManus.

1421879746[/url]' post='429960']

Tweedledum and tweedledee.

Replacing one with the other won't make the slightest bit of difference.

But it will reduce my blood pressure/frustration levels not to see an ex-international stroll about the pitch not caring about winning or losing.

That was a phenomenal performance from a severely depleted team. Albeit it was a pretty shite Aberdeen team we were playing. Hammell scored the winner with an absolute belter.

I'd give Cummins a shot at centre half instead of McManus.

Cummins could not finish PT sessions because he is so unfit. In keeping with the rest of the squad bar a very select few. He'd have no chance against Utd's attacking players.

I'd bite your hand off to have Vigurs available for Saturday.

I never want to see McManus in a Motherwell shirt ever again. The guy is an imposter and a wage thief. I'd have Ainsworth in that bracket as well and several others like Reid and Kerr who are simply out of their depth at this level.

I agree on Vigurs, McManus and Ainsworth. Kerr and Reid at least give 100%, and we may need a couple of guys like that in the run in.

As others have stated, 4-0 defeats to Celtic are nothing new. Concern is the number of times we're shipping that number of goals to other teams. I thought that there were slightly encouraging signs against Aberdeen but the Dundee game was a massive setback in terms of confidence.

Concerned also with Lasley's absence. As indifferent as his form has been, tonight's lineup showed that we're not overburdened with options in there. Law, Ramsden and Reid are not the answer. If Lasley is unavailable for the next few games, I'd be tempted to play Carswell and Pearson as a 2 in a 4231 with Thomas, Moore and Cadden in front of them. Give the young guys a chance. Can't do any worse than the experienced guys have been doing. If we are going to go down, let's plan for the future as we do it...

But it will reduce my blood pressure/frustration levels not to see an ex-international stroll about the pitch not caring about winning or losing.

I tend to agree. Kerr and O'Brien? Poor but at least seem to put the effort in. McManus? Poor and doesn't seem to give a shit. If we're looking to battle the drop, having players who don't seem to give a shit in the first team every week sends the wrong message to the rest of the players...

Dan

Law O'Brien McManus Hammell

Lasley Lawson

Ojamma Vigurs Pearson

Sutton

That's exactly the team I would love to see given a consistent run out. Unfortunately, due to the worst injury crisis in years, and insufficient cover, we've barely been able to play any settled XI at all. Had we had that team, settled, and injury free from the beginning of the season (with Thomas, Erwin, Leitch, Carswell to come in on occasion), I don't doubt that we'd be in a much better position now.

Oh and I blame Vigurs....

To all the Vigurs haters, if you would rather watch that pish week in week out then fire away. A midfield of Carswell, Ramsden, Lasley or Reid gives me the total and utter fear. Pearson looked ok tonight and I would have him in but to want to lose Vigurs over the rest of that nonsense is crazy talk.

Totally agree. As much as Vigurs has his flaws, he's one of the only players we've got who always wants to get on the ball and try to make something happen. Yes, he showboats too much at times, and makes the wrong choices, but I'd rather a player loses the ball like that, than not even trying to make something happen. As others have said, he's been a victim of the 4-4-2 system played by McCall, but Baraclough seems to favour a slightly different approach that could suit him better, if he can get over his injury problems.

Our results and performances seem to have an air of self-fulfilling prophecy about them. Players have no confidence to take the ball on because their terrified of making mistakes. We're losing games because nobody wants to take the ball on and take responsibility for making something happen. The manager's said it in a few interviews, he needs players to take responsibility. He'd much rather they make an honest mistake trying to take responsibility, than shy away and do nothing. Ainsworth is a prime candidate for this comment. Plenty of ability, when he chooses to use it, but very rarely interested in making himself available for the ball.

His performances haven't been great this season, but at least Lasley tries to lead by example in every match. For the rest of the season, I'd argue that it's more about mentality than footballing quality, and unfortunately, the majority of our players don't seem to have the stones for it.

Concerned also with Lasley's absence. As indifferent as his form has been, tonight's lineup showed that we're not overburdened with options in there. Law, Ramsden and Reid are not the answer. If Lasley is unavailable for the next few games, I'd be tempted to play Carswell and Pearson as a 2 in a 4231 with Thomas, Moore and Cadden in front of them. Give the young guys a chance. Can't do any worse than the experienced guys have been doing. If we are going to go down, let's plan for the future as we do it...

Lasley has missed two games and we've lost 8-0!

As for the formation, it's just meaningless numbers if you don't play in lines. Every time I watch us we are a ragged mess with players out of position all over the place.

I think its unfair to place the hopes and prayers of the club in the hands of inexperienced kids and it isn't propitious for their development in the future but maybe dropping some more experienced players for a couple of weeks might, and I stress might, be the kick up the arse some of them need. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't make the slightest bit of difference.

I agree on Vigurs, McManus and Ainsworth. Kerr and Reid at least give 100%, and we may need a couple of guys like that in the run in.

As others have stated, 4-0 defeats to Celtic are nothing new. Concern is the number of times we're shipping that number of goals to other teams. I thought that there were slightly encouraging signs against Aberdeen but the Dundee game was a massive setback in terms of confidence.

I agree with playing Pearson in the middle. Not sure about Carswell as he's the new Fitzpatrick in my opinion.

Thomas, Moore and Cadden is worth a shout.

If we're going to get beat and/or go down we might as well try the young guys as the so called experienced pros in the team are selling the jerseys and failing miserably anyway.

mcmanus is a mystery for a guy that's played at a good level he doesn't half put in some shite performances while making the same basic mistakes on a weekly basis.it doesn't look like he gives a toss all the while he must be earning pretty decent money,we should be putting the word out that's he's avaliable to leave for nothing so we don't have to put up with him again next season whatever division were in.

If we stay up then I'm giving up on football as that would be clear proof that there is no justice in this game.

What a load of pish...if we stay up then its because we earned the right to, ie not finishing lower than 10th. So dry your eyes and start supporting the team.

• Like 2

I agree with playing Pearson in the middle. Not sure about Carswell as he's the new Fitzpatrick in my opinion.

Thomas, Moore and Cadden is worth a shout.

If we're going to get beat and/or go down we might as well try the young guys as the so called experienced pros in the team are selling the jerseys and failing miserably anyway.

Right now, we need a Fitzpatrick type figure. Runs all day, tackles and scraps. People forget how many games Fitzpatrick played in the Mark McGhee team that people consider among the best they've seen. Or Jamie Dolan in 93/94. Every team needs an unglamorous midfielder to do the spadework. Unfortunately this season, often the unglamorous midfielder doing the spadework is lining up alongside a full back or centre half in midfield...

Those of us and admittedly it was one of our lowest ever supports at Parkhead, who were there tonight witnessed yet another utterly dismal , inept performance. It would have been made clear to Baraclough when he came in there would be little budget for activity during the transfer window and presumably he was able to convince the Board that he would be able to work with what we have and turn things round.

Yet again he got absolutely nothing right in a game . People should stop continually berating players and look at the complete ineptitude of Baraclough so far with no signs whatsoever of any positive change in the foreseeable future. We are worse than when McCall left and aren't so much as sleepwalking into relegation but sprinting at full pelt to it.

• Like 1

If we stay up then I'm giving up on football as that would be clear proof that there is no justice in this game.

Really? If we stay up it'll because we finish 10th. If the 12th and possibly 11th teams go down it'll be because they deserved to. It sounds like you want us to go down.