Celtic v Motherwell 21/01/15

Andy_P

Those of us and admittedly it was one of our lowest ever supports at Parkhead, who were there tonight witnessed yet another utterly dismal , inept performance. It would have been made clear to Baraclough when he came in there would be little budget for activity during the transfer window and presumably he was able to convince the Board that he would be able to work with what we have and turn things round.

Yet again he got absolutely nothing right in a game . People should stop continually berating players and look at the complete ineptitude of Baraclough so far with no signs whatsoever of any positive change in the foreseeable future. We are worse than when McCall left and aren't so much as sleepwalking into relegation but sprinting at full pelt to it.

Just watched the TV footage. Who was playing right back - they had little cover admittedly but dearie me they had a real nightmare. Crosses were conceded far too cheaply - the first goal being a classic example. At the first goal the crosser had all the time and space in the world to pick out Van Dijk, who lets not forget is 6'4". Its not rocket science to prevent the ball from getting anywhere near him at crosses/set pieces.

• Like 1

Those of us and admittedly it was one of our lowest ever supports at Parkhead, who were there tonight witnessed yet another utterly dismal , inept performance. It would have been made clear to Baraclough when he came in there would be little budget for activity during the transfer window and presumably he was able to convince the Board that he would be able to work with what we have and turn things round.

Yet again he got absolutely nothing right in a game . People should stop continually berating players and look at the complete ineptitude of Baraclough so far with no signs whatsoever of any positive change in the foreseeable future. We are worse than when McCall left and aren't so much as sleepwalking into relegation but sprinting at full pelt to it.

Have to agree, watched McCall's last game at Perth and they were slightly unlucky that night could have been 2-0 up before St Johnstone equalised. The best displays in the time since were when Black was in charge the fight in team during the game with Dundee United which we won, hasn't been evident since. I am all for giving Barraclough time and I was encouraged with his appointment and he seemed convincing every interview that I listen to him but the performances this month have been nothing short of awful, the players have given up for him completely. I really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel we are doomed and I fear he hasn't a clue of how to deal with the malaise.

Bang on the money. Yet a lot of folk say we've been lucky this season to pick up the points we have.

I'd agree we were excellent in the first half of that game and it's no coincidence Hammell was back in the side. He showed composure we have lacked all season and we built through the back from him. I really thought we had turned the corner that day.

However the second half was just awful and culminated in the most calamitous goal you will ever see. There was nothing unlucky with the result in the end, we blew it.

I've yet to see us dominate a team for 90 minutes and the most we can muster is a decent half at the most. I can certainly understand why people would say were were lucky to beat St Mirren twice, County away, Dundee Utd at home, Partick Thistle at home to name just a few. We won those games by playing for about 10 minutes and then hanging on for dear life!

I'd agree we were excellent in the first half of that game and it's no coincidence Hammell was back in the side. He showed composure we have lacked all season and we built through the back from him. I really thought we had turned the corner that day.

However the second half was just awful and culminated in the most calamitous goal you will ever see. There was nothing unlucky with the result in the end, we blew it.

I've yet to see us dominate a team for 90 minutes and the most we can muster is a decent half at the most. I can certainly understand why people would say were were lucky to beat St Mirren twice, County away, Dundee Utd at home, Partick Thistle at home to name just a few. We won those games by playing for about 10 minutes and then hanging on for dear life!

We seem to be having an in house competition this season for the most calamitous goal you will ever see.

I cant remember it, but surely you let out a bigger holler to the Twardzik/O'Brien mish-mash O.G. at Dens a couple of weeks back? Worst goal I have ever see us concede...and that one had nothing to do with Wee Dans lack of height, just being pish.

Our two centre halfs tacking one another was better imo!

Just watched the Celtic highlights, can I just say "Shut down the cross!"

Our two centre halfs tacking one another was better imo!

Just watched the Celtic highlights, can I just say "Shut down the cross!"

Haha, just watched it.

Still think the fuck-up at Dens was more lol-worthy

Maybe get a Poll on the go....Our worst goal conceded this season. I reckon that thread could have a bit of legs

Journey to work this morning with the missus in the car went something along the lines of

How did the game end then ?

We got trumped 4-0 .... again !

Yer Kiddin' .... How long has the manager been there ?

A month to 2 months, but I reckon it'll be next season before we really make a judgement on the guy.

But surely his first job would be to stop all the goals your losing !

:wallbash::dash2::bad:

Don't you just hate it when you don't have a come back :tumbleweed:

MON RA DOSSERS

Just watched the highlights there

Which one of our many shite right-backs were manning their natural position last night? Each of the 1st three goals came down his side, and he watched them do it...I suspect he was offered little in the way of protection from the work-shy Chris Humphrey impersonator.

McManus was also severely at fault for at least two of the goals, and was in no way strong or commanding enough. Twardzik also never covered himself in glory at the 1st or last goals...the 1st in particular, was around 4yards from his goal line when the Dutchman headered it...but he saves a few shots so its all good.

We badly need to get back to basics and get some sort of structure to our formations, left-back has to be a priority if Hammell is going to be out much longer. The gaffer needs to decide on who his best right-back is and leave him there so we get some sort of consistency...build from the back with as solid a defence as we can possibly get and take it from there.

Get Pearo playing in the centre of midfield alongside Lasley if possible and play Thomas on the left, and try Cadden on the right...if nothing else they'll give us endeavour that the likes of Vigurs and Ainsworth sadly lack.

As for in goals, unless we get another keeper in I'd be inclined to suggest its time that Neilsen was given another chance.

Up front, I havent a fucking clue what I'd do with the scant resources that the gaffer has...unless we are putting the ball into the 6-yard box then Sutton is a waste of a jersey, a waste of time and a waste of wage...which being fair, isnt entirely his fault as we havent been playing to his strengths at all this season...but if we persist with the the cureent formation/tactics then I'd be throwing Erwin in to run the channels, hold the ball up, link up and make life as difficult as possible for the opposition

• Like 1

We just have to cross our fingers and hope we can scrap enough ill deserved points between now and the end of the season to stay out of the bottom 2 positions and cling to the forlorn belief that two other teams are worse than the worst Motherwell team I have seen in 30 years.

Is that belief really forlorn when we've played St midden twice this season and taken six points from them, and Ross County twice and taken four points from them? I'd say that we have a slightly better side than both of them.

I get that we're far from impressive this season, but we took seven points from a possible twelve last month, including three from a possible nine from teams around us in the league.

I think the time we've spent swanning around at the top end of the table has created some overreaction to us no longer being there. Hard as it is to admit, this is our level unfortunately. We have fuck all money and a crowd that rarely rises above 5,000. Through the years we've seen the various sides in Scottish football who are of a similar size to us face this predicament.

Now it's our turn.

I think the time we've spent swanning around at the top end of the table has created some overreaction to us no longer being there. Hard as it is to admit, this is our level unfortunately. We have fuck all money and a crowd that rarely rises above 5,000. Through the years we've seen the various sides in Scottish football who are of a similar size to us face this predicament.

Now it's our turn.

How is our level being significantly worse than St Johnstone, Accies and ICT.

The problem isn't that we don't have the resources to put out a decent side it's that the squad are terrible value for money.

How is our level being significantly worse than St Johnstone, Accies and ICT.

The problem isn't that we don't have the resources to put out a decent side it's that the squad are terrible value for money.

Outside of Aberdeen and Dundee United most of the other clubs in the SPFL are pretty similar in size and resources, aren't they? On any given season we can see a side bounce from 4th or 5th to 12th.

Case in point, Accies beat us 5-0, then went on to lose 5-0 to Thistle.

Is our current squad not performing? Yes.

It happens though, and we'll just have to deal with it. I've spent many a year supporting Motherwell as we battle relegation, so this is nothing new. The years we finished in the top three or four are actually the exception as far as i'm concerned.

The way some people are reacting is mental though. We're a small club fighting relegation.

Journey to work this morning with the missus in the car went something along the lines of

How did the game end then ?

We got trumped 4-0 .... again !

Yer Kiddin' .... How long has the manager been there ?

A month to 2 months, but I reckon it'll be next season before we really make a judgement on the guy.

But surely his first job would be to stop all the goals your losing !

:wallbash::dash2::bad:

Don't you just hate it when you don't have a come back :tumbleweed:

MON RA DOSSERS

In fairness though she never really knew much about football - just don't tell her I said that laugh1.gif

• Like 1

Watched the highlights again and The money must be found to pay McManus off either that or get him done under trade descriptions. At fault for 3 goals and numerous chances. No communication, no fight just no effort and a waste of a (probably) large wage.Please please please let's a least try hitting some shots in the next game. The warm up routine that Black does pre game with shooting is totally pointless at the moment!