Ewan Cameron

phoenix

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I pointed out on another board... it is a complete fallacy the argument that we are used to the pitch and its an unfair advantage etc.

Before last night we had only played on it against St Mirren and Hamilton.

Also the argument that we are used to the "randomness" of the pitch is a complete contradiction in terms.

It is a mess, but is exactly the same for both teams.

Im fairly sure our pitch was in a much better condition for the rangers game compared to the accies game at the weekend.

On saturday the pitch played a part in the way the game went, but the other night I think it barely affected either teams performance.

The pitch is on the mend in my opinion. Its never gonna be what it was at the start of the season without a long break in the summer, but I think the groundsmen have done ok considering how bad it was a couple weeks ago given the amount of games played on it.

We are only getting so much flak over it because of our history. Falkirk's pitch is worse.

Its quite clear that the wee reptile bastard reads these here forums, would be nice if he would come on and give a full and reasoned explanation of why he wants us docked points.
To be 'controversial' and increase the number of people that call in to his wee show.

Motherwell are calling for patience and understanding over the continued poor condition of the Fir Park pitch.

The Lanarkshire outfit spent £350,000 in the summer in a bid to rectify the playing surface problems that have dogged the club in recent seasons.

However, the turf has come in for further criticism this term.

Motherwell say sub-zero temperatures have hindered growth and the repeated use of the undersoil heating system has caused the pitch to soften.

In a statement released by the club, general manager Leeann Dempster said: "We completely understand the criticism of our pitch and share the frustration.

"However, I hope that all fair-minded people can see we have taken every possible action to solve the problems of last year.

"The reality of our climate and the time of year we play the games has made it impossible for our new pitch to bed down.

"We are consulting with Greentech about what actions we, and they, should now undertake. We will keep the Scottish Premier League fully updated on our situation.

"Given the facts and the reality of our efforts I would appeal to fans of all clubs to bear with us and for commentators who lead public opinion to contact us to understand the situation so that their comments may be informed."

The pitch has been heavily criticised over the past two-and-a-half years, with Gretna sharing the ground during the 2007/08 season and numerous call-offs in the last two seasons.

In February of last year, Motherwell were handed a suspended fine of £20,000 by the SPL after undersoil heating problems led to the postponement of their match against Hearts in December.

Last week, Hamilton manager Billy Reid was the latest voice to bemoan the state of the Fir Park playing surface.

"Anybody coming here knows that you can't play football on it, so conditions determine how the game goes," said the Accies boss.

This is just one failing of the 'media' in our country and wee pricks like Cameron get away with it. Ignorance is bliss when they can spout pish about something they know nothing about.