Relegation

milo

Not quite. 2 games left. Best we can do is 6 points. Best each of those teams can do is 4 points as they play one another. That's my understanding.

ah yeah makes sense, so any slip up from either or both of them next week and they are in our sights(assuming we win)

I just hope we avoid the nightmare scenario that we all get the same result next week, allowing County and Killie to play out a mutually beneficial draw on the last day.

Today is a timely reminder that St Mirren cannot be taken from granted. However if we can learn to apply our Fir Park dominance away from home, we're more than capable of getting a result.

punk_in_drublic, on 09 May 2015 - 4:55 PM, said:

Not quite. 2 games left. Best we can do is 6 points. Best each of those teams can do is 4 points as they play one another. That's my understanding.

Aye, if they both win next week we are down as all they need to do is play out a draw and they are safe.

Am I right in saying if all three teams win next week then this could be a potential nightmare as it would mean that Ross County and Killie could play for a draw and we would be in the playoffs whatever result we get. As they would both have a point more than us.

We could be the new Algeria and be left gutted as killie and Ross County pass it between each other like West Germany and Austria in 1982

Ha ha beaten to it!

Edited by Bart Verheul

Today's result was everything all we could hope for. Lets take one game at a time and train our full firepower on St Mirren now. There was always going to be twists and turns in the run in.

Exactly. Forget about nightmare scenarios until they are a done deal. We might as well focus on banging in as many goals as possible and hope County or Killie lose by a few.

Goal difference is working against us at the moment. Not impossible to overcome but taking that late chance last night would have brought it into the category of us being more feasible to turn round. Only one many what ifs this season though, not least letting in County's very late equaliser earlier in the season.

next week will be very difficult, as we seldom get good results at their ground. However, we've got everything to play for, and with a bit of luck we can sneak it. St Mirren might have got a lift from their result today, but that result together with last nights result would have boosted our own confidence.

We've won 2 of our last 3 away to St Mirren. Not worth going back much further than that imo.

If....we win next week and they both get beat....then we only need a point on last day

Not really because if we draw the last game and Killie - Country draw they'll both finish above us on goal difference.

The way I see it we'll be going into the last game with 3 teams on the same points, if we win the last 2 games i'd be very confident that we'll stay up.

Firstly, we need to win next Saturday and see how the other results pan out. Then we will know what is required. We really cannot afford to look much beyond that. Get our own business sorted in Paisley and then see if the other results have gone our way, as they finally appear to be doing.

Even a best case scenario would see us needing to get something from the last game of the season but it could be a case of win that and we are definitely safe , or win and see if it is enough.

Firstly, we need to win next Saturday and see how the other results pan out. Then we will know what is required. We really cannot afford to look much beyond that. Get our own business sorted in Paisley and then see if the other results have gone our way, as they finally appear to be doing.

Even a best case scenario would see us needing to get something from the last game of the season but it could be a case of win that and we are definitely safe , or win and see if it is enough.

This. We win two games then cross our fingers.

This. We win two games then cross our fingers.

God I love this Club. Been in NZ for over six mon

Wee win the first, then see where we are. No further than that.

God.I love this Club. Been in NZ for over six months and two games of footie over half a world away are all that matters. How can this be explained?

I just hope we avoid the nightmare scenario that we all get the same result next week, allowing County and Killie to play out a mutually beneficial draw on the last day.

Today is a timely reminder that St Mirren cannot be taken from granted. However if we can learn to apply our Fir Park dominance away from home, we're more than capable of getting a result.

+1........can only hope Accies management recognise the 1,500-2,000 Dossers that attend New Douglas Park to watch us getting pumped every time we attend, rather than 67 Staggies

• Like 1

out of the three teams I feel we have the best attacking options. My worry is we are terrible away from home. An early goal against St mirren is really important. Hopefully we can get three points.

Partick at home with something to play for? I think we would win that comfortably.

Everything rests on next weeks results. Quite exciting this relegation lark!