Relegation

milo

Would be interesting last day if we knock 4 or 5 past St. Mirren and one of our rivals loses by a couple of goals.

From Pie & Bovril:

@pieandbov: St.Mirren 0 Motherwell 3, County 0 Hamilton 2, Thistle 4 Killie 0. All teams on 38 pts and all on -21 GD. That would be a right old laugh

• Like 1

Les Hutchison interview to be aired on Radio Clyde tonight - no expectation of cutting costs even in a worst case scenario... we are so money.

Interesting times ahead no matter how the next 180 minutes of game time pan out.

Sounds promising.... Only problem is having to listen to Rafio Clyde!! Patronising old firm loving cockends.

I think he was just answering a direct question. The "nightmare scenario" seems to have been picked up by journos in the last 24 hrs. There is a story in the Evening Times today too.

Suppose so...........hopefully as mentioned, best case scenario,it could be in our own hands after

Saturday

Suppose so...........hopefully as mentioned, best case scenario,it could be in our own hands after

Saturday

Don't think anyone would or could ever say they would play for a draw.

With 10 minutes to go if it's still even, be interesting to see how it would play out.

As you say hopefully we can put it back in our own hands

From Pie & Bovril:

@pieandbov: St.Mirren 0 Motherwell 3, County 0 Hamilton 2, Thistle 4 Killie 0. All teams on 38 pts and all on -21 GD. That would be a right old laugh

then if we draw 1-1 with Partick and Killie draw 2-2 with County then county would stay and we wuld be dead even with Killie

The nightmare scenario seems to be all over the media today.

Anyway, good to hear from the owner that we won't have to cut our cloth if we're relegated.

No point worrying about the nightmare scenario just yet anyway. Its dependant upon the result in 3games. How many times does the average punter get a treble up??

Lets concentrate on winning on Saturday. If both RC and Kilmarnock do the same then fair play to them. For what its worth, i don't see all three teams winning this weekend.

Ross County 'will not play for draw' against Kilmarnock

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32703799

Load of shite in my opinion.

All very admirable saying they will both try to win, however if the reality is a 'anything but a loss' game for both teams they are hardly going to be chucking players forward. Not suggesting the game won't be competitive to some extent, but the priority for both teams will be avoiding defeat. When the stakes are this high, anything else would be bad management.

• 9 months later...

With 13 games (39pts) remaining would anyone care to estimate how many points we will required to secure 10th spot and our premiership status? Kilmarnock finished 10th last season on 41pts (we are currently on 26pts) and I suspect we will need to achieve at least that in order to avoid the play off spot. So by that reckoning we will require 5 wins to reach the 41pts target and pray that will be enough to escape 11th. On our current form 5 or perhaps 6 wins seem like a pipe dream.

With 13 games (39pts) remaining would anyone care to estimate how many points we will required to secure 10th spot and our premiership status? Kilmarnock finished 10th last season on 41pts (we are currently on 26pts) and I suspect we will need to achieve at least that in order to avoid the play off spot. So by that reckoning we will require 5 wins to reach the 41pts target and pray that will be enough to escape 11th. On our current form 5 or perhaps 6 wins seem like a pipe dream.

I think round about the 40 to 45 point mark has always been good enough to avoid the drop/playoff spot so i agree another 5 or 6 wins should see us safe, 6 from 13 is achievable but we need to start tomorrow.

• Like 1

I said before Saturday's game that 5 wins (or 15 points) would do. I was hoping that those wins would come from the 5 games we still had to play against Killie and United.

I still stand by that, but we have to make sure we don't lose any of the 4 remaining games against those 2 clubs whilst picking up the rest of the points elsewhere.

• Like 1

Our 8 pre split games are made up of:

Next 5: Dundee Utd x 2, Thistle, Accies, St Johnstone

Last 3 before split: Celtic, Aberdeen, Inverness

Very important run of games those 5...we really need to be picking up wins during thrm and if we don't it could leave us in a very prickly position (both in league and mentally) going in to 3 very hard games pre split.

Our 8 pre split games are made up of:

Next 5: Dundee Utd x 2, Thistle, Accies, St Johnstone

Last 3 before split: Celtic, Aberdeen, Inverness

Very important run of games those 5...we really need to be picking up wins during thrm and if we don't it could leave us in a very prickly position (both in league and mentally) going in to 3 very hard games pre split.

Agree that the next 5 games are massive, particularly as its against teams around us in the league. If we take atleast 9 points from those games I'd be reasonably confident of us picking up another 7-9 points from the other 3 pre split and 5 post split fixtures which would leave us on 42-44 points come the end of the season.

I would think/hope that'd be enough to see us clear of the relegation/playoff places.

I still believe we have better players than the likes of Accies, Thistle and Killie, it's just a case of getting them playing to their potential and finding a system that suits us....easier said than done.

I agree with some of the posters above though, whoever finishes in the playoff place has a very tough ask to stay up this year.

lets put some positive spin on some of this negativity

IF we had beaten Killie, we'd be sitting 8th - not 11th, and IF we go and beat Utd tonight, we'd then be joint 6th on goal difference

Its not panned out this way, and as much as I think we can't lose tonight because it will cause a meltdown - we are not a million miles away from those above us. A win tonight will move us to 8th and leave Utd 13 points behind Killie

I do agree that our next 5 games are very important as they are all against teams round about us

we are certainly good enough to win 5 games between now and the end of the season - but we, as a team, need to cut out the silly mistakes

since the turn of the year.....Accies - 2 dropped points, Dundee - 2 dropped points, Thistle - 1 dropped point - my point being, those 5 points would have us on 31points (17 ahead of Utd) and winning tonight's game would have put us 4th!!

Yes, its bad that we are 11th - but from those 3 games alone, that's the difference a late goal can make - we are not a million miles away

• Like 2