Relegation

milo

Would love a win against Utd but think we will do well to get a draw and with our run up to the split I believe that both ITC and PT have a better chance than us to pinch a top 6 place. After the split I suspect we will do well and finish 8th or 9th (sad to think that I now think these places are a good finish but that's where we are as a club at the moment).

Having said that, it's a pity the Dundee & StJ games finished the way they did or we could have been sitting dreaming of a Euro spot!

Agree with B_B that Utd will over take Killie but not so sure if they can better Accies.

Would love a win against Utd but think we will do well to get a draw and with our run up to the split I believe that both ITC and PT have a better chance than us to pinch a top 6 place. After the split I suspect we will do well and finish 8th or 9th (sad to think that I now think these places are a good finish but that's where we are as a club at the moment).

I'd guess we'll finish around 8th or 9th, which given the season we've had, will do fine for me. Historically our average league placing has been about 8th. If we can avoid 12th or 11th place that will give Mark McGhee an opportunity to reshape the squad in the summer. Critically however if we do better than 11th then that will give the club a head start on recruiting players, unlike last year when the continuing uncertainty arising from the play offs cost us. Its looking increasingly like Dundee United, Accies and Kilmarnock will be in the mix and I wouldn't care to bet on who'll end up in the dreaded bottom two. I've always had a feeling however that United will survive - there's been too much nonsense spouted about them in the press and amongst their support which just doesn't wash with me.

It's Sunday afternoon, when better for some spurious stats!

I took each teams form since Jan 1st and projected it over the remaining games. If you did that, this is how the league would finish.

Celtic-------------85 pts
Aberdeen-------82 pts
Hearts-----------74 pts
Dundee---------52 pts
Ross County---49 pts
Partick Thistle--48 pts
--------------------------------
Motherwell------45 pts
Inverness-------44 pts
St.Johnstone---42 pts

Kilmarnock------37 pts

----------------------------------

Hamilton---------37 pts

Dundee United-33 pts

Goal difference would put Accies in the play off spot.

I took each teams form since Jan 1st and projected it over the remaining games. If you did that, this is how the league would finish.

Aberdeen-------82 pts

Hearts-----------74 pts

Dundee---------52 pts

Ross County---49 pts

Partick Thistle--48 pts

Motherwell------45 pts

Inverness-------44 pts

St.Johnstone---42 pts

Kilmarnock------37 pts

Hamilton---------37 pts

Dundee United-33 pts

I would switch United for Killie, for no other reason than they both have plastic pitches.

Aberdeen-------82 pts

Hearts-----------74 pts

Dundee---------52 pts

Ross County---49 pts

Partick Thistle--48 pts

Motherwell------45 pts

Inverness-------44 pts

St.Johnstone---42 pts

Kilmarnock------37 pts

Hamilton---------37 pts

Dundee United-33 pts

Are league placing a the same after 33 games? Just out of curiosity

The one good reason to end up in the bottom 6 would be to beat Accies in the game that sends them back down

As much as I would enjoy this i would rather be sitting back with a relaxing glass of wine in my hand as we hold celtic to a draw on the last day of the season to finish 6th in the league, whilst watching Kilmarnock score a 96th minute equaliser to send this shower of shit down into oblivion.

• Like 1

Aberdeen can do us a favour tonight by taking all three points in their match against Thistle. I think Thistle are safe, however, every little helps in the fight to beat the drop.

Aye, whether they end up being safe or not, if we keep them behind us, it's a good thing.

Useless sheep shagging bastards!!

Still, should give us some hope that we can take something off them in a couple of weeks.

Do Aberdeen lack the bottle for a real go at the title? Or are they just a slightly better than average team?

Both. Been bottle merchants for many a long year

1 defeat in their last 16 league games. Went on a 1 defeat in 21 run last season and were top of the league in January.

Don't see how you can say they both lack bottle and are only slightly better than average.

Remember Celtic still have about 4 or 5 times the resources of even an Aberdeen. For Aberdeen to run them close for two seasons in a row is a major achievement....even if they don't win the league.

• Like 1