Relegation

milo

I would take a point between St.Johnstone and Inverness tonight. Failing that, a Caley defeat would not be too disastrous.

Looking to go up the table, must hope for an ICT win

Looking behind us down the table, prefer St Johnstone to take all the points.

hedging bets, I'd be happy with the draw,

but being honest a St johnstone win would feel more comfy than ICT taking the points and jumping us with a game in hand

I'll say it again...after another season that has been momentously shite, I'm more than happy to finish in the Top10. The only results I'm keeping my eye on are those of United, Accies, and Killie.

Re-group in the Summer, get some of the out-of-contract, highly-paid underachievers hunted and build from there.

• Like 2

I would say that we're safe now. If we win one game between now and the end of the season, Kilmarnock will need to win five of their remaining nine games and Accies would need to win four of their remaining nine. One of those might happen, can't see both teams going on that kind of run...

I would say that we're safe now. If we win one game between now and the end of the season, Kilmarnock will need to win five of their remaining nine games and Accies would need to win four of their remaining nine. One of those might happen, can't see both teams going on that kind of run...

I'd say 4 points will probably do it and 6 points will definitely do it.

But as we've seen in the past couple of weeks it only takes a couple of wins to seemingly change the whole outlook and landscape of the season.

The bottom 5 all playing each other can radically alter things also and it can get nervy real quick.

Like I said last night I think we should be aiming to get the points we need for safety before the split and then we can all have a sigh of relief but I think it would be a mistake to think we are safe right now.

But as we've seen in the past couple of weeks it only takes a couple of wins to seemingly change the whole outlook and landscape of the season.

The bottom 5 all playing each other can radically alter things also and it can get nervy real quick.

Like I said last night I think we should be aiming to get the points we need for safety before the split and then we can all have a sigh of relief but I think it would be a mistake to think we are safe right now.

I agree with all that.

I'm in two minds about the top six. Half of me wants to finish there, the other half wants to be involved in some way with the relegation issue as long as we are safe.

I would love us to be the team that send Hamilton into a play off for example or relegate Dundee utd, rather than have to play the tarriers at parkhead again.

We're not quite safe yet but not far off it. Killie could overtake us with 4 wins and 2 draws. Accies could achieve safety by winning 3 and drawing 2 games. I'd say another 2 wins will seal our safety. You're right though - both Accies and Killie won't achieve this rate of return. There will be some twists and turns to come yet though.

Three points will do it. Or can you really see Accies winning four of their nine games AND Killie winning five of their nine? Even if they didn't have to play each other that'd be a stretch. And would also involved Partick and Inverness losing their games against them, probably keeping them below us.

For me, one win will do. Ideally we'll get it before the split but I reckon we'll win at least one of the post split games. We managed to do that last season, when we weren't playing as well...

It really is amazing. depending of course on other results we are only one win away from fourth.

Perhaps even more amazing is that we aren't actually that far away from achieving many of the objectives set pre-season.

It can change dramatically between now and the end of the season of course but if when we kicked off you were told we'd significantly improve our points tally on the previous campaign, have a top half finish/be comfortably clear of the play-offs, have two or three youngsters establish themselves in the first team, have one of the new strikers (bearing in mind what they were replacing) be on the verge of 20 goals and have the youth team make significant strides; barring making a better fist of it in the Cups then most of us I imagine would have been very happy with that indeed.

• Like 4

Three points will do it. Or can you really see Accies winning four of their nine games AND Killie winning five of their nine? Even if they didn't have to play each other that'd be a stretch. And would also involved Partick and Inverness losing their games against them, probably keeping them below us.

For me, one win will do. Ideally we'll get it before the split but I reckon we'll win at least one of the post split games. We managed to do that last season, when we weren't playing as well...

I don't see either of those things happening but if I was that good at predicting results I'd be a lot richer than I am!

Experience says any team can beat any other team and as we all know it a team can be more nervous protecting a lead than chasing a result. It's the same with points and league placings.

I think getting the players to over achieve is a safer strategy than taking the foot off the pedal.

If the scores stay the same and Accies and Killie pick up points that take a bit of the shine of last nights win. And also, unfortunately, confirm there was still more than a few twists and turns to go this season.

is it not better Accies take the points over ICT?

ICT have a game in hand over us and we play them so have input on their placing before split