Relegation

milo

Right now, I dont see us beating anyone, I'm not trying to be melodramatic or OTT but as a season ticket holder who has watched us far too many times than the players deserve this season, I really can't see how/where we are going to improve or pick up points.

There is always a wee bit of hope ie players to come back from injury, but looking at it in the cold light of day right now, I fear the worst.

Guy at work says he's heard the players aren't responding well to Bara's training methods and ideas. Don't know how true or reliable the info is, but would explain the apathy shown by some of our team .

Hops to god it's not true or we are totally fecked

. So what explanation do they have for the apathy before Ian took over? They need to realise that they may be out of a job unless they buck their ideas up. Coz no one would want them on recent performances

So it's now gospel that the players don't like Baraclough?

"My mate heard" to "fact" within hours!! :blink:

Nope I said don't know how true it is. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone else had heard any rumblings of discontent . There may be nothing in it , but this is a public forum and I'm only putting it up for discussion

Right now, I dont see us beating anyone, I'm not trying to be melodramatic or OTT but as a season ticket holder who has watched us far too many times than the players deserve this season, I really can't see how/where we are going to improve or pick up points.

There is always a wee bit of hope ie players to come back from injury, but looking at it in the cold light of day right now, I fear the worst.

That's the worrying thing for tbh. I am the excactly same. We have no spark and no apparent match winners, I cannot see a win coming from anywhere!!

As poor as Ojamma, Ainsworth and The much maligned Vigurs have been they are our match winners. Without them on form or playing we have nothing to unlock a team.

Nope I said don't know how true it is. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone else had heard any rumblings of discontent . There may be nothing in it , but this is a public forum and I'm only putting it up for discussion

Stephen McManus certainly didn't give that impression last night.

Was more in response to the fact that with each passing reply this statement was quickly becoming fact.

For what it's worth, I've heard the polar opposite from a squad member, but then that may just be diplomacy at play.

I agree that's how it looks right now but football as we know is a "funny old game". There was no reason to believe we'd beat Dundee Utd after 5 defeats on the trot.

When a football team goes out on to the field you can never be entirely sure what you are going to get.

When a football team goes out on to the field you can never be entirely sure what you are going to get.

God I wish that was the case.

As of now I am quite sure we will be rank tomorrow and concede at least 2 if not 3 amateur comic capers goals.

We may yet turn it round and finish 3rd bottom, but injuries and form suggest not.

1421964415[/url]' post='430102']

What happened to players getting theirs arses kicked by managers then dragged into training the next day like on Sundays etc.

They get treated too fucking nicely for what is in essence a part time job. Bunch of pussies.

All season I've watched this nonsense and our unfit bunch of arses seem to have it really easy. Even at half time almost every other teams subs are out doing a warm up, sprints, passing, stretching to get ready. Our boys are out chatting and playing long passy and keepie uppie!!!

We are so unprofessional it's embarrassing.

Was watching city v arsenal great game btw. And they were on about home seats being heated for the manager and subs but not for opposition. The floor is even heated to keep the subs feet warm. Talk about pampered

I hope the board and management of the club in the non-playing side are preparing for relegation. Not that it is a certainty, football has a habit of changing. Who would have seen West Brom surviving that year? Who would have seen Palace doing what they did last year? Sometimes things just click. But at the moment we look dismal.

But if we do go down, the fans will go one of two ways. We will either look like midtable dross in which case they will dwindle or we will start in a positive manner and the fans will come out if there is a title race. So by being ready we could influence it a bit.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to pass!

Was watching city v arsenal great game btw. And they were on about home seats being heated for the manager and subs but not for opposition. The floor is even heated to keep the subs feet warm. Talk about pampered

Some serious questions need to be asked of the club Directors when City were so heavily in debt (they now claim to have eradicated it). Paying for these facilities with money they didn't have!

Sounds like today we at least looked we resembled football team and started creating routes to goal, something that has been completely lacking in almost every game this season. Another defeat but could the positives build into something new? Particularly if we bring a few in and get some back from injury.

Kind of takes me back to my first thoughts on this thread. It's impossible to predict. I'm sure every single person on here has followed a least one full season of football (duh). Surely you have seen enough to know that nothing is certain?

Ross County have won 1 game in 10. St Mirren 2 in 15. They are as shite as us. The difference is we do have the backbone of a team that finished 2nd. There's is something deeply wrong with the psychological state of our team just now and it's taken us to where we are just now, but despite popular belief those players haven't become shite in the space of 6 months.

Far too many are reactive on here and say things with a certainty that is baffling to me. The outrage over Faddy and Clarkson is the perfect example. Where are they now? Faddy out injured again and Clarkson 0 goals in 8. WIll Clarkson hit a run of form again? Who the fuck knows.

Can things be turned around here? Absolutely. Will they? I don't know. But we're certainly not a stick on for relegation.

• Like 1

IMO this has its seeds in the continual cutting of the playing budget undertaken by the club and it's coming home to roost now. Club need to consider speculating to improve playing side or risk a long period kicking around the Championship with the resultant huge loss in revenues that entails. And as history has shown few clubs have gone down there and come back in better shape and survive in the top league - Hearts and Rangers will probably be the exception this season.

I know it might be controversial but I think when McCall chucked it the club went for a cheap option on the management front. Should've bitten the bullet punted Black and brought in Van Der Gaag. The new guy just doesn't seem to know how to cope in the current position - has tried a different approach than Butcher tried at Hibs last year but same outcome. Prepare for the Championship next season. cray.gif

Ross County have won 1 game in 10. St Mirren 2 in 15. They are as shite as us. The difference is we do have the backbone of a team that finished 2nd. There's is something deeply wrong with the psychological state of our team just now and it's taken us to where we are just now, but despite popular belief those players haven't become shite in the space of 6 months.

Far too many are reactive on here and say things with a certainty that is baffling to me. The outrage over Faddy and Clarkson is the perfect example. Where are they now? Faddy out injured again and Clarkson 0 goals in 8. WIll Clarkson hit a run of form again? Who the fuck knows.

Can things be turned around here? Absolutely. Will they? I don't know. But we're certainly not a stick on for relegation.

Right now we ARE the worst team in the league. That's quite apparent just from looking at results. Contrast Ross County's defeat to Celtic against ours. Their heaviest defeat since way back in October is 3-1 to Inverness Caledonian. Our last 3-1 defeat was being held up as an improvement, which it was, on 0-4, 1-4, 0-5 defeats.

St. Mirren have picked up 4 points out of 9 and that's with some absolutely atrocious refereeing that has cost them points and a fairly recent undeserved defeat against us. They are clearly a better team since Gary Teale took over whereas you couldn't exactly say Baraclough has had a similar effect with us.

As for David Clarkson, he might have 0 goals in 8 but he also has 7 goals in 13 starts. If we'd had had someone come in and score 7 goals, not only would they be our top goalscorer this season, we probably wouldn't be in our current predicament.

St. Johnstone have won 4 of the 6 matches in which James McFadden started, previous to his red card against Hamilton. That's only one less than we've won all season in 23 league matches.

We aren't stick on for relegation right now we are not heading in the right way and if you had to make a call right now....

If we finish 2nd bottom we're a gonner - no way we'd win a playoff against Hearts (v unlikely) or Rangers (v likely).

We need to halt the slump, and halt it now.

Blood and snotters fitba to get some results in - and if the players can't be arsed putting the effort in, get them binned.