Podcast Number 15

Yabba's Turd

Role different to Leeann's as no "executive' function, so he takes direction from the board rather than setting the agenda. However obviously can influence and views important to any decision making.

Les sounds like someone who doesn't pull any punches and won't be bullied.

Board are having more day to day influence than they did 2 months ago. Considerable expertise called on and drawn from a lot more.

Bara, Van Der Gaag and Maskraant all impressed, got the impression reading through the lines that maybe Gaag was the right guy, wrong time. Maybe too many drastic changes in the middle of a tumultuous season. Bara was opted for because of his knowledge of the British game and track record of Sligo breaking the Dublin dominance and how that mirrors us.

New striker may still be happening. Young talent with promise tied into longer deals, more to follow in the next month.

Hints of stuff on scouting network and sports science, but "not over line" yet so will be received in due course.

Club faced a takeover bid in June, 15 days into his role. (not Les or the Argies)

Advised that stewards at Fir Park are very much hired by the club so adhere to club policy. Looking for other clubs to follow suit.

Meeting at Firhill in the next few weeks to cover issues such as TV and away fan numbers, maybe implement an away season ticket.

He still does some media functions to leave more money in the pot by saving on finding a replacement.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to listen to the podcast - we really enjoy recording it and it's great to read the feedback on it.

Sorry that we couldn't cover all of the questions that came up across this forum and social media, recording started just after 9pm and after almost two hours decided to wrap it up or I think there's every chance we'd still be talking just now. Hopefully Flow will return later in the season, next week we have Andrew Wilson joining us which should be another interesting episode.

I've just uploaded the podcast on to FileDropper in three parts so that will mean it can be downloaded directly from there, it should also be available for direct download from Soundclound and 'hopefully' in the next few days iTunes too.

Part1

Part2

Part3 Full Episode on Soundcloud

I would like to thank flow for taking time to chat to us. He clearly reads the things posted online (here or elsewhere) and is very aware of what is being said by the fans.

His honesty is refreshing and hopefully put to rest some of the negativity surrounding himself and his role.

• Like 2

I'm gonna have to listen to some of it again as, I admit, I dozed off a couple times during it. Not the fault of the podcast, it was gone 11pm and I was dosed up on sleepy cold medicine

Don't worry mate, due to my manflu I'm pretty sure I dozed off a few times while recording it!

Just finished listening to it.

I had to split it for work... dash2.gif

Anyway good show, Flow covered a fair bit in there and will be interesting to see\hear about the other changes happening at the club.

Well done to all involved.

Best part of a decade ago I never thought I'd be saying that to something involving Busta and Jay unless it was something on the Only an Excuse lines, with horses etc..... whistling.gif

Good to hear that Flow still has the supporter inside him as well. Although having a guy with the club at heart as a GM, lets hope it's a while before he resumes his seat in the East Stand.

Between this and the Daily Record interview lets hope it puts to bed the question of what he does and doesn't do.

Once again, well done everybody.

That was a great listen.

I dont know Flow and had no idea whether he had the ability for the general managers role. However, that was a refreshingly straight talking interview and put to bed a lot of the doubts and concerns voiced by some on his appointment.

He seems to have a clear view of whats needed going forward and some of the changes in the pipeline sound very encouraging.

His enthusiasm for the job and love of the club also come shining through.

Good job guys. Very impressed.

Very candid listen with some positive news with regards to restructuring of club, players sales and ticket initiatives.

I'm enjoying the podcast weekly and it's been a real coup to get the prospective Chairman and GM on, providing an almost unprecedented insight into the running of the club.

Fair play to those involved.