Best Players On Saturday

Leanne

Leanne, I truly admire your attempts at trying to get us fans looking on the more positive aspects of the club.

IB may well prove to be a great manager in time when he has his own team on the park and a good pre-season under his belt.

I see the improvements in the background with new training methods (even the warm ups are better), new backroom staff and the young lads getting a chance, all positive and welcome but why:-

Does he persevere with the same guys ( we all know who they are) who have failed to perform and make the same mistakes week after week.

Persist in using the same tactics which have resulted in some of the worst football I have witnessed in 50 years of watching Motherwell.

Has he been so far unable to improve team spirit and instill any fighting qualities.

He does do a mean interview right enough.

Real disappointment for me yesterday was the fact that only 1 player came over to the travelling fans at the end of the match. Fair play John Sutton!

Are you sure Dee? I saw quite a few players come over to applaud the fans at full time. Can't recall exactly but it must have been 7 or 8 at least. Agree that our best players were the new lads.

Are you sure Dee? I saw quite a few players come over to applaud the fans at full time. Can't recall exactly but it must have been 7 or 8 at least. Agree that our best players were the new lads.

A few came over and stopped a few metres back from the fans but to his credit John Sutton came right over and engaged with the fans.

Why do you act like you're on first name basis with the guy then? It was mildly sycophantic before but now it turns out you aren't even connected to him it's just a bit odd.

Agreed Yassin it does seem rather strange, however she only joined the forum on 1st January so may just be finding her way around.

Ian.

anyone at Dingwall would know the best players were Ians signings, it is also very evident we are going in the right direction but it is also evident this season is about staying in the top division.

Can't and won't disagree with any of that. Our poorest players were, in the main, ones who were signed before Ian Baraclough arrived. George Long and Conor Grant were clearly our best players. We created more chances yesterday than I've seen in any game this season. The challenge now is to make the defence and midfield more solid.

sorry but maybe Ian only rewards the players to clap the fans if the result warrants it.

Bad practise to show your appreciation when you yourself dont warrant the honour.

Not a dig at John, who himself could do with a bit more support (from the team).

What a load of pish Leanne.

When John Sutton was playing for the CCMariners in the A-League he and his team mates would go over to the home fans and if they were playing away would go over to the away fans. The players talk shake hands take pictures with the fans.

All of the A-league teams do it win lose or draw.

If the new lads were our best players on Saturday then at least the manager has made signings which have improved the team. I'm hopeful that with a few of the injured players returning we can start to pick up some wins. It has to happen very soon though.

After Saturday my thoughts are that we now have talent and pace in the side. Our problem is a lack of steel/determination/hardness. On Saturday I counted 4 occasions on which one of our lads tore through their stretched defence only to be wiped out or taken out cynically. Indeed County were every lucky indeed to end up with 11 men on the park. They could easily have had 2 men sent off.

The new guys brought hope but we do need more solidity and hardness.

sorry but maybe Ian only rewards the players to clap the fans if the result warrants it.

Bad practise to show your appreciation when you yourself dont warrant the honour.

Not a dig at John, who himself could do with a bit more support (from the team).

It's nothing to do with rewarding a player it's the players showing there appreciation at fans paying hard earned money to come see them

1424036585[/url]' post='432572']

I've said it before get a grip Leanne wallbash.gif we are absolutely shocking at the moment with no signs of improvement on the park. Finacially things are more stable but if you believe there has been some improvement in the playing side you are deluded. I'm part of the well society got a season ticket and have followed Motherwell home and away for the best part of fifty years. This is the worst team in my memory no doubt about it,I agree we were lucky last year but prior to that played some good stuff,time will tell but things don't look good at the moment. P.S how long is Ian's contract whistling.gif

You're obviously a good well fan , jim, but no way is this the worst team in 50 years.Doesnt mean they're very good , mind you