Mfc Podcast

AndyRoss

Just a wee bump as I notice the podcast links have gotten a little bit lost in amongst the POTY chat.

In case you've missed it, this week's podcast with Fir Park stadium announcer Philip Speedie is on iTunes as usual, as well as:

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/bytheminsport/bytheminmfc-podcast-27
Libsyn: http://traffic.libsyn.com/bytheminmfc/podcast27_1.mp3

You can also catch Motherwell legend and previous podcast guest Brian Martin's career dream-team:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1R4HnuljoA&feature=youtu.be

Just finished listening there, another good listen. While I really enjoy when guest are on and changing up the topics of discussion, was good to hear more in depth chat on our current situation.

Completely agree with what Jay was saying regarding this "negative mentality". I still for the life of me can't comprehend what has happened to take us from 2nd to 2nd bottom with roughly the same squad as last year?! It's embarrassing and clearly points to an issue with the players confidence. However, do think Barraclough has more than the 20% blame to answer for as he has not helped himself with a few poor signings, strange tactical decisions and a perceived lack of the required ruthlessness required to give the under performing players the proper kick up the arse they require.

I do agree that we are fitter and more creative, but counts for little with the levels of inconsistency and lack of cutting edge.

• Like 2

Unfortunately requires you to follow ByTheMinSport mate, that means you end up with all their podcasts.

Buxe is usually quick at updating episodes in the pinned thread at the top of the club chat section.

Bit of a bummer that but no big deal. I'll continue to sift through like I usually do.

NEW PODCAST - AVAILABLE ON ITUNES, SOUNDCLOUND & LIBSYN

On the back of an excellent weekend of results in our fight to avoid the Scottish Premiership relegation play-off, Andrew Paterson joined Sparra & Jay to discuss the win over Killie, look ahead to to the weekend's fixture against St Mirren, discuss a number of younger players leaving the club and the noticeable dip in the atmosphere at Fir Park in the last two home games.

Soundcloud -

A couple of points guys, the accies performance wasn't exactly dreadful, the result was. Lawless would have been a gamble to re-sign at the time as it looked like he wasn't medically fit to continue playing fitba, a mis-diagnosis? perhaps but there were genuine reasons for concern over his fitness, Reckon if that didn't flag up we'd have kept him.

Good chat again though...

I'd put Accies a few weeks back right up there with our poorest performances this seasons, there was a real lack of desire given the huge importance & the towel was thrown in when we went 2-0 down.

Wasn't aware of the Lawless injury chat, he was certainly the only real example I could think of in regards to instances that we made the wrong call.

In hindsight Lawless looks like the wrong call it would have been a gamble at the time, but I would say his move was sideways rather than up, as for accies, we'll agree to disagree here, a hugely frustrating night and our midfield had lost it's legs by the time we were trying to chase the game.

In hindsight Lawless looks like the wrong call it would have been a gamble at the time, but I would say his move was sideways rather than up, as for accies, we'll agree to disagree here, a hugely frustrating night and our midfield had lost it's legs by the time we were trying to chase the game.

Both Accies and Thistle were two of the most unacceptable performances for me this season. We have played worse in other matches in terms of chances created etc, however the way in which we completely folded in both games after failing to get an early goal was unreal. Once we went behind in both matches we turned into a team of cowards.

For me, if you're just not good enough ability wise as a team then, as disappointing as any defeat is, it's still an acceptable way to lose a football match. However, chucking any determination, desire and bravery once it looks like you're not going to score first is completely unacceptable and both the Thistle and Accies games dropped into that category for me.

That was the point I tried to make on the podcast but given I was incredibly hungover and possibly still a little bit drunk when we recorded it, I'm not entirely sure how it sounded! :lol:

As for Lawless, I don't remember the chat about it being a gamble but I do remember being disappointed when we released him given he'd looked a real prospect at the time. Regardless though, any chat about whether or not we should have kept a player is going to be based almost entirely on hindsight.

As far as I was aware, Lawless was offered a new to deal to be financed by Jamie Murphy's move to Blackpool, and then Murph turned the move down, which then had the knock on effect on the Lawless offer.

Fair bit happening with the podcast just now.

We've lined up five former-player guests over the summer, we're able to confirm four of them - Sieb Dijkstra, Rob McKinnon, Jim Paterson and Shaun Teale.

Matt Johnstone (FatCalf) joins us next Monday and plans are set for the following week in the event we avoid or end up in the play-off.

The latest podcast is available now via this link -

• Like 1

Enjoyed that one. Many a hard truth spoken there by all 3 and it was good to finally get the views this week of folk capable of taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture rather than just the (understandable) knee jerk reactions of many. I actually feel better now for listening to it. Thanks for your thoughts guys, very therapeutic!

• Like 2