Mfc Podcast

AndyRoss

Quick question - I can see how to download the podcast on the laptop but not when listening via Soundcloud on the iphone - can it be done?

Just asking cos I find if you get out the car and pause it, it very often will only play from the beginning again.

Dunno if there's a way in Soundcloud, but if you subscribe to the podcast in a proper podcast app you can download and pause/resume as you please.

There are a few good paid apps if you're serious about your podcasts, but you can just use the built-in Podcasts app on iOS--typing or pasting http://bytheminmfc.libsyn.com/rss1 into the "Search my Podcasts" box will subscribe you.

Then you can download individual episodes by tapping the cloud icon beside the episode on the "Unplayed" or "Feed" tab. Whether you download or just stream an episode, though, it will still remember your playback position when you come back to it later.

• Like 1

Limited space (Libsyn hosting is rather costly) has meant we've had to delete a fair few older ones, they are all still on Soundcloud - plans for a shiny new website are well underway too - that'll hopefully make it easier for people to access all our content.

Limited space (Libsyn hosting is rather costly) has meant we've had to delete a fair few older ones, they are all still on Soundcloud - plans for a shiny new website are well underway too - that'll hopefully make it easier for people to access all our content.

That's another advantage of using a podcast app to listen -- if you set it up to automatically download episodes when they're released, it doesn't matter how long the server keeps them in the feed as you've already got a local copy to listen to. (Particularly useful for BBC podcasts, which often delete the last episode from the feed whenever a new one comes out.)

Another great listen. Makes the time fly at work.

Teale was a favourite of mine during his time here and was great to hear his take on things and a few good stories from the past. Not taking anything away from him or questioning his honesty, but can image him being a nightmare to manage. "Hated all his managers bar a few" maybe says more about him than the managers.

But, either way, he was very upfront and I like that.