Mfc Podcast

AndyRoss

Likes a blether, does Mr Paterson. Easiest interview ever!

I like listening to the ex players but I litterally had no need to ask any questions. Any time I thought of something he went on to explain, he was a really sound guy too!

Did you know what he meant?

HA!

Sieb's is recorded.

Scrap that. I dunno why I thought that! I have had a few heavy weekends recently and canny mind what I have done on Sundays.

Richie and Jim we will hassle at a later point. We don't like to take up too much of the guys time in one go. I believe Richie was still on holiday when we spoke to him, both guys seemed keen to be involved so we will hopefully get it sorted soon enough!

Edited by Busta Nut

Sieb's 1-11 is ready to go and will be uploaded 20th July.

Going by replies on here and on social media there's quite a few people that haven't finished listening to the summer special episodes, so we don't want to be releasing too much content at the one time.

Think the current plan is that we're intending to do a regular podcast (suppose we need to accept we can't have a former player on every week) this coming Monday and then will begin to sort a schedule for the new season.

Sieb's 1-11 is ready to go and will be uploaded 20th July.

Going by replies on here and on social media there's quite a few people that haven't finished listening to the summer special episodes, so we don't want to be releasing too much content at the one time.

Think the current plan is that we're intending to do a regular podcast (suppose we need to accept we can't have a former player on every week) this coming Monday and then will begin to sort a schedule for the new season.

Was I there when we recorded? i canny mind this.

excellent work guys - really enjoy listening to all the podcasts, have particularly enjoyed the ex player ones

what about pestering one of the new guys? see how he is settling in, how did pre-season go? difference in football between England and Scotland - money, talent, stadiums, fans

keep up the good work

We spoke to Flow not long after setting the podcast up, we won't be able to get any access to current squad and football staff unfortunately.

Guess the advantage of the former players is they aren't limited in what they can say, that would be very much the case with current playing staff.

Three are available online, the McKinnon one is on Soundcloud.

Our site is very close to launch, they'll all be available for download from there - we don't have enough hosting space to put the MP3's of the 1-11's on Libsyn as yet.

Next week we'll kick off with the first proper podcast of season 2015/16.

For this week though, here's goalkeeping legend Sieb Dijkstra following in the footsteps of Kevin Twaddle, Brian Martin and Rob McKinnon by joining the lads to pick his career XI...

The YouTube video is the best possible way to enjoy this feature but if you prefer the audio only version, you can catch it on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/bytheminsport/mfc-podcast-xi-4-sieb-dijkstra

• Like 1

Absolutely loved listening to these over the summer. Underlines some of the exceptional quality and fine characters we had at our disposal.

We've already got a couple of ex-players lined up for the coming season, although we'll be resorting to doing one every so often once the football is back. Unfortunately it means you'll have to put up with the return of standard fan chat up until whenever the next special podcast occurs!

On that note, and I know it's been said before, but anyone who listens and thinks they've got something to contribute, give us a shout. One of the responses to the survey we did pointed out that most of the guests are known to us, but we can't force folk we don't know to come on. It's an open forum for anyone who wants to be a guest and I don't think there's any reason we'd say no to any 'Well fan who fancies it.

• Like 1

Hi folks, we are delighted to announce the launch of our new website - MFCPodcast.co.uk.

This ends weeks of extremely hard work by Davie Young who never ceases to amaze us with his technical knowledge and skills.

In going it alone we feel we can take our ideas for expanding the podcast further and improve the quality of our content - we'll have a dedicated home for all our podcasts, 'One to Eleven shows' and blog articles.

We've been delighted at how the first eight months have went for us, we all put a great deal of work and time into it and to see it do so well has made it so worthwhile.

Please have a look around the site on launch and as always if you have any feedback please get in touch with us.

The move to our own website also brings to an end our relationship with the guys at ByTheMinSport.

ByTheMin have supported us with hosting cost and server space since day one and we really owe a great deal of gratitude to them for that.

Going alone will mean we now incur hosting costs which we'll be meeting ourselves. If you would like to support the funding of the podcast there is a donation page on the site - any help is much appreciated.