Mfc Podcast

AndyRoss

Aye seems like a top bloke and obviously can't speak highly enough of the club. Really enjoyed the podcast over the past year lads, keep it up

Another interesting chat on Dom Thomas too, and it's a difficult one to know what's the right thing to do.

For me he is good enough to be involved in the first team but playing with 1 winger at the moment and having both ainsworth and Marv in the squad, as well as faddy, for the next wee while makes it difficult.

If he does go out on loan hopefully he gets a good 15-20 games under his belt and comes back at the end of the season to replace Marv who's had a blinding second half of the season and has been sold down south for £1m

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant listen. Brilliant memories, frightening how quickly the years fly by from Katowice to getting pumped out the cup by Airdrie.

What was the script with Pyscho getting in the bench for the final? Pure sentiment?

Hard to argue it was anything beyond sentiment - he could barely run that day.

Damn - forgot to submit my question. Haven't listened to the podcast yet. Did you mention the square woodwork at Hampden that saved his League Cup semi penalty?

John brought it up immediately. I was just a toddler at the time but I was completely oblivious of this semi until last night.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PLk0MGeH9XQ

Totally gutting after our comeback.

I admit to being on the verge of tears leaving the ground (emotional teenager in those days). I had no idea the highlights are available on YouTube - not sure I should put myself through it again but will watch it when I get home tonight just to see if Walker's dummy is as outrageous as I remember.

I admit to being on the verge of tears leaving the ground (emotional teenager in those days). I had no idea the highlights are available on YouTube - not sure I should put myself through it again but will watch it when I get home tonight just to see if Walker's dummy is as outrageous as I remember.

Wright's perfect reverse pass and Walker's dummy stick in the memory. Was never a Paul Smith fan, but I was that night.

The other thing that I remember is Gahagan's golden opportunity in extra time.

Then it went to pens...

Smudger scored a special goal at Hampden in the League Cup Semi Final the year after the Celtic penalty shoot-out tear-jecker. Overhead kick if I recall correctly. That also turned out be quite harrowing viewing in the end. At least one own goal. There might have been another or I might be getting that mixed up with a game around the same time against them in the League.