Mfc Podcast

AndyRoss

Another good listen.

On the topic of the forum and the perception that it's too negative. I've never heard of any football forum that doesn't have the same accusation thrown at it and in a way the more successful it becomes the more it will be viewed that way. Fans are coming on in the main to vent their frustrations and those who have a gripe or complaint will always be more vocal than those who have something positive to say, it's just the nature of the beast.

I know there are rules and regulations regarding conduct etc for good reason but I think the forum lacks a bit of dig at times. You used to see a lot of posts being voted down but very rarely would you see someone attempt to debate the point. It would be good if a lot of the lurkers would get involved a bit more as well, something that I'm trying to do myself.

I agree about the Compost Corner section, it seems to have fallen off the face of the earth recently. I'm not on Facebook but I read a similar section over on P&B regularly which is probably why I don't frequent it much here.

Hopefully the success of the podcast will stimulate a bit more discussion on here too. Thoroughly enjoying them so far.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, glad you're enjoying listening.

I'm going to try get back involved in posting more often too - mind you after witnessing that display on Saturday I wasn't looking forward to talking about it, still don't think I'm ready to read about it!!

Next up on the podcast is Kevin Twaddle, this will be recorded in the next few days and then released next weekend.

Hopefully there will be a wee surprise too later in the week, but still to get that confirmed for sure.

As someone who's been on here since the WellTrustFC.net days, I've similarly fell away from it - that's mostly down to packing in my job in 2011 and going back to being a student for four years though, never noticed originally just how much time I spent in the DFID and Fire Brigade offices skiving on Steelmen Online until I took voluntary redundancy and suddenly was never on here!

Can I just add a huge thank you to everyone who donated to the forum, I got side tracked on the podcast when I spoke about Jack Paterson

Can I also just add that, although he's undoubtedly been "Heel of the Season" so far, Jack got in touch following the St. Mirren match to congratulate and commend the 'Well on the performance and result, and also passed the podcast link onto the Chief Executive at the Buddies so he can hear our complaints regarding treatment of away fans (he asked if I could mention both of these things!). Hopefully he'll be back in touch if he hears anything from the club.

New guest confirmed - Andrew Jenkin from Supporters Direct Scotland joins us on May 4th.

Andrew was on Peter and Rougie's show last night and I couldn't believe some of the basis questions they failed to ask. Hopefully we'll be able to ask those and get a Motherwell/'Well Society slant on things.

Good to see the steady stream of guests continue to be lined up!

Just a thought though? What's the plan for the close-season. Hopefully you'll continue to be recording throughout the summer yeah?

Without knowing how extensive your contact list is, is it maybe worth holding a guest or two back to tide you over the close season when discussion material might be that wee bit more thin on the ground?

Just a thought though? What's the plan for the close-season. Hopefully you'll continue to be recording throughout the summer yeah?

Without knowing how extensive your contact list is, is it maybe worth holding a guest or two back to tide you over the close season when discussion material might be that wee bit more thin on the ground?

Basically that's the idea. hopefully we have plenty to talk about/with.

Looking forward to the pre-season Podcast special in July, live from Portugal. 45 minutes of Sparra, Jay & Busta being put through their paces, and giving their thoughts on their morning game of FootGolf, with special guest Mitchell van der Gaag.

• Like 2

Good to see the steady stream of guests continue to be lined up!

Yeah that's exactly the plan really, will have a few special guests over that time too.

Trying out a few new ideas for the Kevin Twaddle podcast, hopefully that'll give you all an idea of some of the different ideas we've got planned for post-season.

Just caught latest one, another good listen and good to here from Yabba's Turd re the forums.

Think the potential you have got with this is massive and could really evolve as time goes by. If you play it right, the best podcast you do could be the post season stuff.

Really looking forward to Twaddle's one, hope we get to hear his take on the whole Boyle/administration situation.

• Like 1

Recording our Kevin Twaddle podcast tomorrow morning and as part of the show we've asked him to pick his 'One to Eleven' of players he played with during his career.

This will be released tomorrow night ahead of the podcast going live at the weekend.

Hopefully this will be an interesting and popular new feature.

Will post links tomorrow!

• Like 1

You can watch Kevin Twaddle pick his 'One to Eleven' on YouTube using this link -

Full podcast will be live on Saturday. The hour or so Kevin gave up was brilliant - we covered his career at Fir Park including goals against the Old Firm, playing alongside many big names, troubles with Eric Black, administration, his thoughts on John Boyle, the battles covered in his book and the current team.

What surprised me was the passion for the club he still has, a fantastic bloke!

Also have to thank Davie a Young for his work on producing the YouTube video. Give his Twitter page @VSMediaUK a wee follow, he does all our graphics and his talent never ceases to amaze.

• Like 3

I love doing the podcast but the career XI thing is a particular highlight now - great stuff!

Having watched the YouTube video, I'm assuming it was his Motherwell XI that he picked, rather than his career XI? Considering he picked 11 Motherwell players...

Having watched the YouTube video, I'm assuming it was his Motherwell XI that he picked, rather than his career XI? Considering he picked 11 Motherwell players...

As Sparra says, given he picked Goram ahead of a good few keepers he mentions suggests it's a career XI. In fairness, I'd imagine the best players he played with would have been at Fir Park anyway, given his other clubs? Maybe the odd Hearts player I suppose.