Baraclough Out

Bop

I see the undermining of the manager by the players has moved on from dreadful performances to players from other sides coming out with stories about how players at the club are concerned about the lack of goals and creativity among the signings. Mark Wilson on the BBC website doing his pals a favour. My money is on McManus...

Whether you agree with the assessment or not, last thing the club needs is infighting and players undermining what team spirit there may be left...

These players appear to be a bunch of shameless, spineless cunts. I'm looking forward to the end of the season when many of them don't get to darken our doors again

Absolutely.

I'm not for a second trying to defend Baraclough right now but my biggest problem with the vitriol he's facing is that it completely excuses the inexcusable from so-called professional footballers.

Out pished on the weekends? Feeding their faces on fry ups? Now getting their mates to phone up radio stations for public bitching sessions?

Totally and utterly pathetic from grown men paid good money for a job most would kill for.

It's bad enough the contempt they show for the fans and the management on the park; their behaviour off it is bordering on disgusting.

Stop making excuses for them!

Anyone else noticed that we already had a right winger who was in double figures for both goals and assists last season, a left winger who is supposedly the best thing since sliced bread, then the new manager comes in and signs three further wingers but plays our young strikers on the wings? Baffling.

• Like 1

Anyone else noticed that we already had a right winger who was in double figures for both goals and assists last season, a left winger who is supposedly the best thing since sliced bread, then the new manager comes in and signs three further wingers but plays our young strikers on the wings? Baffling.

To be fair, Barraclough was playing our right winger for the first few games and most of us on here agreed that he needed dropped. Can't argue with the rest though

Absolutely.

I'm not for a second trying to defend Baraclough right now but my biggest problem with the vitriol he's facing is that it completely excuses the inexcusable from so-called professional footballers.

Out pished on the weekends? Feeding their faces on fry ups? Now getting their mates to phone up radio stations for public bitching sessions?

Totally and utterly pathetic from grown men paid good money for a job most would kill for.

It's bad enough the contempt they show for the fans and the management on the park; their behaviour off it is bordering on disgusting.

Stop making excuses for them!

Let's take a fucking breath here for a second....

- Players pished at the weekends and feeding themselves on fry ups and chips came from someone claiming to have seen this on instagram. Personally never seen that at all and I follow a bunch of them on there. When challenged the poster never came back with names. Happy to proven wrong if they come back with actual proof

-Getting mates to phone up radio shows...could equally be players confiding in their mates at how pish there job is and talking about ways it could have been made better in their opinion. Something we all do? Wilson might have then went on and bumped his gums and is now getting a toe in the baws for it.Equally could be a calculated ploy from the squad to get the media to drive the manager out...

- Players going to prison...no evidence yet again to back it up.

Let's not fall into the trap of believing everything that is read on here because most of it is utter fucking bilge.

That said both players and manager have been utter garbage this year. This Daily Mail style gossip is just murder though.

• Like 6

I've never seen my team out of the top flight and I don't want to start now - if we have to pay compo to a manager and play our young players in order to give us a fighting chance, so be it. But it has to be done now. One or two games time will be too late.

If the dressing room is now in a state of schism or in revolt with Baraclough it just proves he is a weak manager who is well out his depth.

Also, the criticism of Baraclough in the Wilson piece is spot on.

I meantioned it before that match on Saturday. We did not have a single striker on the bench. Chris Sutton is our only experienced centre forward and the 2 other young guys have 1 goal each in their careers, the last coming 6 months ago.

Considering we've hardly scored all season you'd think that would be a priority position.

McManus can get himself to absolute fuck. That Wilson chat has his name stamped all over it.

I've been a critic of McManus, I gave him the nickname 'Cowardly Lion', that's pretty harsh criticism, but he's contracted for another year and I'm sure he doesn't want to be playing away at Cowdenbeath on a Wednesday next season.

He's entitled to speak his mind, especially if it's a valid criticism.

Would you stay silent if you thought your manager was making a cunt of things?

If Baraclough was doing his job properly these sorts of comments wouldn't be leaking out.

I've been a critic of McManus, I gave him the nickname 'Cowardly Lion', that's pretty harsh criticism, but he's contracted for another year and I'm sure he doesn't want to be playing away at Cowdenbeath on a Wednesday next season.

He's entitled to speak his mind, especially if it's a valid criticism.

Would you stay silent if you thought your manager was making a cunt of things?

If Baraclough was doing his job properly these sorts of comments wouldn't be leaking out.

He's entirely entitled to speak his mind, but he'd probably be in a better position to do so if he wasn't completely shite. McManus should be one of the leaders in the dressing room, not a sleekit dick trying to save his own skin. We're absolutely up against it here, and it shows a complete lack of respect for the club as a whole, to be spending your time trying to undermine the manager rather than chucking yourself into getting us out of this. Shitebag.

Edit: Sorry, mean to add. If my manager was making a cunt of things? I'd probably make a point of questioning them about it, I certainly wouldn't go to someone else so a fuss is made about how shite they are, in order to make myself look better when in fact it's my own performance which is leading to them failing.

What a bloody mess.

I read Lasley coming out saying there was no split in the changing room, but clearly some more established players are a bit miffed at the new players brought in and the apparent standards of the new players.

Now I get that to an extent.

But we ALL know that if these more established players were giving 100% and fighting tooth and nail we may not have needed to bring in 7 players to the squad.

We did and do need a striker, so that was baffling to bring in as many players and not one out and out striker. I think it will be proved that a few will do OK and a few will prove to be no better than what we have and possibly in one or two actually worse.

It is IB job to get that changing room bonding together come what may and put aside personal grievances to keep this club in the top flight. I am not sure he has what it takes hence my other posts on having a plan B - because I feel we will soon need one in a week or two.

Nobody wants Barraclough to fail. But the evidence suggests he is out his depth, Hope I am wrong.

Again.....we dont know its McManus....speculation to add to an agenda from some. Not that I think he has been good this season but trying to take an objective view here.

For example, it could as easy be Pearson. Also friends with Wilson and McManus and lives in Bothwell. Next time I see them in the street I will hang out the window of the motor and ask.

• Like 1

If the dressing room is now in a state of schism or in revolt with Baraclough it just proves he is a weak manager who is well out his depth.

Also, the criticism of Baraclough in the Wilson piece is spot on.

I meantioned it before that match on Saturday. We did not have a single striker on the bench. Chris Sutton is our only experienced centre forward and the 2 other young guys have 1 goal each in their careers, the last coming 6 months ago.

Considering we've hardly scored all season you'd think that would be a priority position.

Whether you think the criticism is justified or not, it's the last thing we need from within the club right now.

While Baraclough has made mistakes, I actually feel some of the points Wilson-McManus makes are wide of the mark. Addressing the lack of creativity and goalscoring? He brought in two wingers on deadline day. You can argue over the quality of the two players but he did try and address the issue. As for the lack of a new striker. We managed fine last season with Sutton being pretty much the sole contributor of goals. With the exception of Ainsworth, who for some reason has decided to down tools under all three managers we've had this season. Baraclough clearly feels that Grant, Johnson and Nathan Thomas can replace Vigurs, McFadden and Ainsworth in loading the bullets for Sutton. Will they turn out to be good enough? That's a whole other question, one that we'll only know the answer to at the end of the season. What won't help these players is being slated by a senior professional at the club when confidence is already low.

You can, as a fan, have your doubts about Baraclough (and I do) while still abhorring the behaviour of the players on this...

- Players pished at the weekends and feeding themselves on fry ups and chips came from someone claiming to have seen this on instagram. Personally never seen that at all and I follow a bunch of them on there. When challenged the poster never came back with names. Happy to proven wrong if they come back with actual proof

I'm aware of a starter from the Dundee United 3-1 game, looking a tad worse for wear in a picture from that very Saturday night (24th Jan 2015). It's on a Motherwell fan's social media site.

Some on here, will also know the picture that I'm referring to as they have actually commented on it.

Here's a selection of the comments on the picture;

"He looks out his nut"

"I think he'd had a few"

"Looks heavy swedged"

"Looks out his banger"

"That kid def looks out his nut"

Dutch people have a reputation for being direct and the two candidates are big hardy bastards. Barraclough on the other hand talks pish at length with evasive head movement thrown in for extra annoyance. We should have went for someone who could kick arse.

Barraclough handed out 7 new deals but not one to a striker which was mental. He also went for quantity over quality which is nuts as well considering how few games we have left. We played for 90 minutes with one up front on Saturday, the man does not have a clue.

I'm aware of a starter from the Dundee United 3-1 game, looking a tad worse for wear in a picture from that very Saturday night (24th Jan 2015). It's on a Motherwell fan's social media site.

Some on here, will also know the picture that I'm referring to as they have actually commented on it.

Here's a selection of the comments on the picture;

"He looks out his nut"

"I think he'd had a few"

"Looks heavy swedged"

"Looks out his banger"

"That kid def looks out his nut"

Still no idea who this is referring to, any chance if a hint?

Let's take a fucking breath here for a second....

-Getting mates to phone up radio shows...could equally be players confiding in their mates at how pish there job is and talking about ways it could have been made better in their opinion. Something we all do? Wilson might have then went on and bumped his gums and is now getting a toe in the baws for it.Equally could be a calculated ploy from the squad to get the media to drive the manager out...

- Players going to prison...no evidence yet again to back it up.

Let's not fall into the trap of believing everything that is read on here because most of it is utter fucking bilge.

That said both players and manager have been utter garbage this year. This Daily Mail style gossip is just murder though.

Screenshot_2015-02-24-11-14-14.png

One recent example of many if you want to have more of a look. It also isn't difficult to find pictures - and even videos - of players absolutely out their dial in town most Saturday nights. The jail story will likely to be picked up by the media soon too. None of what has been posted is "Daily Mail style gossip" or "utter fucking bilge". Its true.

Gannon was crucified for pissing off the "old heads". He should have been supported.

Gannon's problem was that he went out his way to piss off the old heads but succeeded in pissing off the young players and the English guys he brought in as well. The entire squad was against him because he was a screwball.

I doubt Barraclough is trying to piss anyone off but his ineptitude makes it inevitable. Lasley has declined but can still contribute in this league, McManus has a fucked knee but Mccall knew that when he gave him the two year deal. We need more from both but I don't think there is anything wrong with them having the exact same frustration as the fans at where our signing policy has taken us.