Baraclough Out

Bop

The problem is and has been all season that our 'squad' players are shite. We've not had a decent keeper or left back all season and anytime i've watched Carswell he's been crap. It's not rocket science we're carrying too many diddies.

Starting Sutton wasn't a major concern for me. The problems came from how we were using him (first half constantly pinging balls into the corners for him to chase ????) and also - he just wasn't very good today.

Also, the fact that the rest of the team were shite and the fact that Partick weren't played a bigger role here than Sutton's selection.

• Like 1

so laing, johnson, grant, pearson and mcdonald are not good signings. Playing the young players regularly was a bad move. Improving fitness levels. Improving our attacking threat. We were so dire under McCall that he walked away.

Seems there is no grey area with the 'well. Win we are great, lose and the manager should go. Nobody has come up with a manager who would have definitely done better.

• Like 7

The vast majority of performances under his leadership have been dire. Similarly his signings. His tactics too. Likewise his substitutions. Relegation is a distinct possibility and even if avoided frankly his position is untenable.

Having listened to the interview with Les Hutchinson on the podcast a few weeks back I'd say Baraclough will be going nowhere unless he walks. It sounded to me like the club have bought into his ideas for the long haul.

• Like 1

I was just about to reply saying the same thing Orinoco. I think some of our fans are bipolar. :cheese:

There have been a lot of problems this season that many posters on here highlighted before a ball was even kicked as issues with McCall's transfer policies and lack of foresight. Any manager coming in was going to struggle to turn things around, but we have shown a definite improvement from February onwards. For the last few years we have been a team capable of playing well, picking up a few good results and then turning in an inept performance, so today's collapse isn't without precedent.

Regardless of where we're playing our football next season, I'm happy with the changes that have been made at the club as a result of Baraclough's tenure, and there's a lot of good progress been made off the park. We need to finish strong, but on the progress made since the dark days of January, I'd be happy for Ian Baraclough to have a chance to build a team over the summer to be competitive in whichever league we're playing.

• Like 6

Poor team selection and poor tactics. It was clear from very early on that we were struggling yet Baraclough did nothing to change it until it was too late.

Like in the majority of the games since he came in Baraclough looked out his depth.

If we are relegated it falls on Baraclough's head because he had enough of the season to turn things round but I don't think he did much wrong today in terms of tactics and team selection today.

The players simply did not perform today because they knew they had to win and the pressure got to them. Also Partick Thistle I thought were very good, very well organised and worked very hard to make sure we never got a sniff. Balatoni had McDonald in his pocket, and the Partick midfield pressed and closed down our midfield. As a result the two players that have made a difference were shut out the match.

I don't think the personnel changes Sutton/Erwin/Johnson had anything to do with it today. The only chance we really had in the game came from Sutton pressuring a defender and if anything we were worse when he went off. Erwin had a stormer on the left against Kilmarnock but he didn't perform today because no one did, the whole team just wasn't up to it and we could't compete against a team that was never going to roll over like some of the poorer teams we've played have.

A lot of our fans need to realise that we have no divine right to go to Partick and win, we actually have a poor record there down the years as I tried to explain to one or two of you before the match.

As long as it's arithmetically possible I won't be throwing in the towel but we have to be realistic, we are odds on favourites now for the play off and it is going to be very difficult to get up to 10th. However if we are going to survive the play off, we need to go in on a good run of results so even if we lose the chance to escape the play off that has to be the motivation.

The better team won today . No point in moaning about it Thistle were a better team today apart from the first 15 mins that's no the managers fault,but sticking with Sutton was a bad decision he shouldn't have seen the second half.

I haven't read all of this thread so this might have been said.

For me regardless of who's fault it is we are where we are.

Whether that's in the spl or 1st division remains to be seen.

More interesting point for me is whether people think based on what they've seen Baraclough is the man to either get us back to the spl next season/ or back into the top 6 if we survive

We need to stick by Barraclough. He's inherited a team full of crap players whose fitness and morale was on the floor. Remember McCall had Kerr, Carswell. Twardzik. Leitch and threw a nimber 3 shirt to whoever was handy. It's HIS fault we're in the shit. Even if we go down Barraclough should still be given a chance. He's made some decent signings and once we get shot of the crap at the end of the season we'll improve dramatically im sure. Trouble is it might be in the Championship. It's 5 games that we must win now. We CAN do it.

• Like 1

We need to stick by Barraclough. He's inherited a team full of crap players whose fitness and morale was on the floor. Remember McCall had Kerr, Carswell. Twardzik. Leitch and threw a nimber 3 shirt to whoever was handy. It's HIS fault we're in the shit. Even if we go down Barraclough should still be given a chance. He's made some decent signings and once we get shot of the crap at the end of the season we'll improve dramatically im sure. Trouble is it might be in the Championship. It's 5 games that we must win now. We CAN do it.

Leitch is a just a young guy who has looked quite tidy on the few occasions he's played, so don't know how he made it onto your list, can't argue with you on the others tho