Baraclough Out

Bop

Always thought he had the feel of Gannon about him, talks a good game but has absolutely no clue when it comes to game time.

We need to bring someone else in, but we won't. Getting rid of him would be admitting they got it wrong, and I don't see that happenening.

Our fans wanted a left field appointment over some one like Jimmy Calderwood, who I'm 90% certain would have kept us in the division. So suck it up, 'Well fans.

I would be one of those fans, so if I now have to 'suck it up' for daring to believe we could do better than Jimmy Calderwood then so be it. That's life. I'd be interested to know however what makes you 90% sure that Calderwood would have kept us in the division. It's very easy to say these things when it's never going to be tested.

Was Calderwood going to ease the injury list quicker, find gems in the transfer market that was going to strengthen the squad significantly, wind back two or three years for Lasley, give Erwin confidence in front of goal, give Sutton an extra yard of pace, make McManus look like the International standard player we thought he was going to be,..............? (the list goes on)

If Jimmy is this good, why has he been at 4 clubs in 4 years?

• Like 1

We need to bring in a proper manager for a month, a manager who knows the club well, instil belief in the players and fans and prepare us properly for a battle in the playoffs.

Whether it's at the Stephen Craigan or Craig Brown end of the scale, there must be someone available that's worth the gamble.

List Stephen Craigans achievements as a 'proper manager'please.

I would be one of those fans, so if I now have to 'suck it up' for daring to believe we could do better than Jimmy Calderwood then so be it. That's life. I'd be interested to know however what makes you 90% sure that Calderwood would have kept us in the division. It's very easy to say these things when it's never going to be tested.

Was Calderwood going to ease the injury list quicker, find gems in the transfer market that was going to strengthen the squad significantly, wind back two or three years for Lasley, give Erwin confidence in front of goal, give Sutton an extra yard of pace, make McManus look like the International standard player we thought he was going to be,..............? (the list goes on)

What makes me 90% sure? His record, simple as that. Baraclough's record isn't even comparable and anyone that says so is just being stupid and bloody minded. That includes two of the stints you are talking about when he kept Ross County and Kilmarnock in their respective divisions.

The obsession with 'newness' in our support is going to put this club right down the chute. Already some are saying we "start again" with a "production line of young talent" in the Championship as if our U20's wouldn't get eaten alive in that division.

Our support has lost it's head.

Ok then ,who the fuk do we get in ? Who the fuk would take the job? Would it really make the defence man up and be any better? Nah didn't think so.The team is weak has been since the start of the season and the bunch we got in the transfer window was the best we could expect and a mixed bag,who would really come to a team on the way down for a six month loan ,Rooney ? .The team is poor get over it ,we need to carry on and hope we win the play offs,we are rebuilding after most of the good players in the team left every season for three seasons in a row we are Motherwell no Inter Milan .

So what if we manage by some miracle to win in the play offs and stay up with Baraclough, does that mean we're stuck with this joke of a manager over pre-season for him to sign more Straker's and think that everything is so fucking positive?? Get him to fuck NOW!!!!! I'd rather Flow' be temp manager till the end of the season!

Does Flow' still have Butchers number? Maybe he could become player manager? :ph34r:

List Stephen Craigans achievements as a 'proper manager'please.

His managerial achievements are null. I was suggesting him as an extreme at the inexperienced end of the scale.

No idea of his management potential but would I take his leadership and interest in Motherwell over an inept Baraclough in preparation for the playoff, probably. That's how desperate the situation is.

What makes me 90% sure? His record, simple as that. Baraclough's record isn't even comparable and anyone that says so is just being stupid and bloody minded. That includes two of the stints you are talking about when he kept Ross County and Kilmarnock in their respective divisions.

The obsession with 'newness' in our support is going to put this club right down the chute. Already some are saying we "start again" with a "production line of young talent" in the Championship as if our U20's wouldn't get eaten alive in that division.

Our support has lost it's head.

Calderwood's win % at Kilmarnock was 30.5% over 23 games. Baraclough's at Motherwell is currently 33% over 18 games. His record at Ross County was admittedly better but how these stats can give you 90% confidence, I'm not sure.

The point I am trying to make is that people have been far too quick to lay the blame at Baraclough's door. The problems with our squad of players run far deeper than the manager and people have been keen to forget the woeful displays from July to December.

The man obviously talked his way into the job ahead of 60 odd other candidates. Hes a good talker as we see from his 10 minute post match interviews and punditry, but thats where it ends for me. He lasted 6 months at Scunthorpe and left them in the relegation zone and he wasnt quite the miracle worker when he won the Irish league with Sligo, who had finished just a few points adrift of the title the season prior to his arrival. His signings have been poor (not classing Mcdonald as one of HIS signings). I wouldnt have any of them in our 11, I would rather have the likes of Thomas or Moore even Ramsden fighting to keep us up rather than these loanees who are away back to their own clubs at the end of the season. On top of that I struggle to see what brand of football the guy is trying to play, he doesnt seem to have 1.

He'll be here until the end of the season at the very least I think. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we retain him even if we are relegated.

Les clearly stated he will be here next season, regardless of where we are on the MFC podcast we did with him.

This guy is at it. It's clear he's lost the dressing room. Get him to fuck

I hate this chat. no one knows fuck all about that.

• Like 2

We didn't need gems we needed experienced SPFL players who knew what they were doing in this division, IB signed a load of lower league English guys who knew f*ck all about the Scottish game apart from Pearson and McDonald.

Calderwood's win % at Kilmarnock was 30.5% over 23 games. Baraclough's at Motherwell is currently 33% over 18 games. His record at Ross County was admittedly better but how these stats can give you 90% confidence, I'm not sure.

The point I am trying to make is that people have been far too quick to lay the blame at Baraclough's door. The problems with our squad of players run far deeper than the manager and people have been keen to forget the woeful displays from July to December.

Fine. But right now we are heading for four matches against Stranraer next season.

Right, tin hat time!

I'm probably the only person on this forum who still thinks he should be given the summer to actually put his stamp on the team.

Aye, he brought in a load of players on loan during the winter window, but it's relatively well known that fuck all of real quality happens during the January window. His January signings for the most part were more a case of papering over the cracks than anything else.

He took over a side that was on the slide, with players who simply aren't up to the job. In the summer a lot of those players will be gone, freeing up funds to sign actual proper players rather than January loan signings.

As I said, I don't think we'll be seeing the back of him regardless of where we are next season. I get the distinct impression that Hutchinson is looking at next season as Baraclough's "proper" start, when he's had a full summer to sort the side out and make real changes (Busta mentioned that Hutchinson basically said as much in the podcast).

Apart from that, if we are relegated, who the fuck would we want to replace him? Jim Jeffries? Jocky Scott? Jimmy Calderwood? I may be mental, but I don't really want anyone like that at the helm of the club. An appointment like that doesn't really seem like a good fit with the way the club is moving forwards in my opinion.

Appointing a manager who's fucked about in the lower reaches of the SPFL/Championship would simply serve to suggest that this is the level we're settling for.

• Like 2

Right, tin hat time!

I'm probably the only person on this forum who still thinks he should be given the summer to actually put his stamp on the team.

Aye, he brought in a load of players on loan during the winter window, but it's relatively well known that fuck all of real quality happens during the January window. His January signings for the most part were more a case of papering over the cracks than anything else.

He took over a side that was on the slide, with players who simply aren't up to the job. In the summer a lot of those players will be gone, freeing up funds to sign actual proper players rather than January loan signings.

As I said, I don't think we'll be seeing the back of him regardless of where we are next season. I get the distinct impression that Hutchinson is looking at next season as Baraclough's "proper" start, when he's had a full summer to sort the side out and make real changes (Busta mentioned that Hutchinson basically said as much in the podcast).

Apart from that, if we are relegated, who the fuck would we want to replace him? Jim Jeffries? Jocky Scott? Jimmy Calderwood? I may be mental, but I don't really want anyone like that at the helm of the club. An appointment like that doesn't really seem like a good fit with the way the club is moving forwards in my opinion.

Appointing a manager who's fucked about in the lower reaches of the SPFL/Championship would simply serve to suggest that this is the level we're settling for.

Please explain what has happened at Ross County then?

So what if we manage by some miracle to win in the play offs and stay up with Baraclough, does that mean we're stuck with this joke of a manager over pre-season for him to sign more Straker's and think that everything is so fucking positive?? Get him to fuck NOW!!!!! I'd rather Flow' be temp manager till the end of the season!

Does Flow' still have Butchers number? Maybe he could become player manager? :ph34r:

remember Butcher has two bad knees, though he would certainly have more heart

and drive than McMinging

Right, tin hat time!

I think we still have a dressing room problem too many of the players look to be going through the motions exactly as it was when McCall

left (should have noted SENIOR players)

I cant believe the utter pish thats been spouted on here re Barraclough, after the 3 recent wins he was a great guy, giving youth a chance, sticking with Erwin, etc etc now after 2 bad results he is a clueless fud. Somebody even suggested Jimmy Calderwood would have been a better choice aye right.

if results stay as they are today then we are still only 6 points adrift with 12 to play for so its not over yet. IB is here for the long haul so we should support him wherever we end up. Which i think will be still in the premiership next season, worst case we finish 11th and then 2 games against Hibs, Rangers, or QOS nothing to fear there. Have some faith guys

• Like 3

I cant believe the utter pish thats been spouted on here re Barraclough, after the 3 recent wins he was a great guy, giving youth a chance, sticking with Erwin, etc etc now after 2 bad results he is a clueless fud. Somebody even suggested Jimmy Calderwood would have been a better choice aye right.

if results stay as they are today then we are still only 6 points adrift with 12 to play for so its not over yet. IB is here for the long haul so we should support him wherever we end up. Which i think will be still in the premiership next season, worst case we finish 11th and then 2 games against Hibs, Rangers, or QOS nothing to fear there. Have some faith guys

Amen..
  • Like 2