Baraclough Out

Bop

I'm fucking raging at that performance still, but this is a new season and a clean slate in my book. Bad performances happen under the best managers in the world. It's how he and the squad react over the next few that will be important, not an isolated result (ignoring United as I thought we played well).

Bump. Gone before Christmas.

Something very steelboy about that post.

It's almost as if you want vindication of your preemptive call when you started the thread. I didn't expect to get anything other than a point in Inverness, thought the fact Dundee Utd had a complete personnel change from what we last faced would result in 3 for us and expected to lose at the home of the team the cantered the Championship and had galvanised things over the summer. Therefore I see us as a point down, sitting in 7th, and still to field a full strength team.

The players who have been misfiring will find their form at some point.

Something very steelboy about that post.

It's almost as if you want vindication of your preemptive call when you started the thread. I didn't expect to get anything other than a point in Inverness, thought the fact Dundee Utd had a complete personnel change from what we last faced would result in 3 for us and expected to lose at the home of the team the cantered the Championship and had galvanised things over the summer. Therefore I see us as a point down, sitting in 7th, and still to field a full strength team.

The players who have been misfiring will find their form at some point.

I'd like to be wrong but I don't think he's up to it. Talks the talk, tactically inept.

Bereft of ideas against a Jambo side that played us at our own pressing game. He ended up playing several players out of position at the end of the game, smacked of desperation. No plan B. No thanks Barraclown.

I wait to get shot down, but this guy is not the answer...

Clearly had a plan B, it just didn't work.

1st season in SPL, 9th out of 10 (saved by reconstruction)

2nd season in SPL, 8th out of 12

3rd season in SPL, 8th out of 12

4th season in SPL, 9th out of 10 (only bottom team relegated that season)

5th season in SPL, 6th out of 10

That was the initial SPL record of Wee Tommy (who many posters on here saw as our saviour after McCall left).

Imagine how long he'd last now with the same stats.

• Like 2

I'm willing to give our biggest wage the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks given that he missed the pre-season and is having to learn to link with our new signings.

As much as Skippy helped Erwin last season (and seemed like a lot), I think Big Lee helped Skippy's game too. Of course, he was also playing higher up the park last season, which helped.

I haven't been to any of our 3 games so this could all be total bollocks, but hear me out. Of the starting 11 tonight, there were 3 brand new signings (Moult,Ripley and Taylor), two of them who've had literally no pre season with us while McDonald only got a week or two at best. Two more first teamers were out injured and another (Ainsworth) was playing his first competitive match in months. We were away from home at a packed Tynecastle against a Hearts team who ,by my reckoning ,have won something like 18 of their last 21 at home. Admittedly it does sound like a poor performance and that's obviously never acceptable but I don't think it's a game we can base season predictions on.

• Like 4

This chat is very premature.

I was far from convinced from him last season and was firmly in the "if we get relegated, he has to go" camp. But he masterminded a brilliant 6-1 result against the orcs and as a result he gets a clean slate for this season.

Calling for a managers head 3 games into a season in bewildering!

I did not expect 3pts in Inverness given their achievements last year, Dundee Utd was a game with nothing in it and took an unfortunate OG to seperate the teams. Hearts are flying and a shoe-in for top 4 at very least this year (actually think they will finish 3rd).

Folk have commented how hard our start is and are now complaining and calling for the managers head when we don't get results?!

And for all the naysayers out there, I expect it will get worse this weekend as I really don't see us taking anything from Aberdeen, so if we do that will be a bonus and good result.

If we start losing badly to Hamilton, Partick, Ross County, St.Johnstone and Kilmarnock then we should maybe ask questions, as they teams are our level - whether we like it or not. If we get top 6 this year, that will be a great result for this season.

People need to put things in perspective here.

We finished 2nd bottom last season; we've so far been beaten by a team who were comfortably top 6 last season and the team that romped the championship in a considerable amount of style. What were we expecting from the first 3 games? 9 points, 12 goals for and none against? Fuck me.

Everyone acknowledged when the fixtures came out we had just about as difficult a start as we could have imagined and yet here we are, 3 games in, complaining about the manager, wanting the team gutted and how shite we are?

This season was all about rebuilding; just about everyone on here agrees with that. If that means finishing 10th and bedding players in, so be it. People losing the rag after 3 matches need to get a grip.

Multiple posters have said that we showed enough against ICT and Dundee United to suggest that we'll win more games than last season and not be in any significant danger.

3 games in to the season and it's panic stations. If we're in trouble after the first 9/10 games and sitting bottom and haven't managed to beat Killy, Partick, Hamilton etc. then yes, I'll agree.

• Like 4

People need to put things in perspective here.

We finished 2nd bottom last season; we've so far been beaten by a team who were comfortably top 6 last season and the team that romped the championship in a considerable amount of style. What were we expecting from the first 3 games? 9 points, 12 goals for and none against? Fuck me.

Everyone acknowledged when the fixtures came out we had just about as difficult a start as we could have imagined and yet here we are, 3 games in, complaining about the manager, wanting the team gutted and how shite we are?

This season was all about rebuilding; just about everyone on here agrees with that. If that means finishing 10th and bedding players in, so be it. People losing the rag after 3 matches need to get a grip.

Multiple posters have said that we showed enough against ICT and Dundee United to suggest that we'll win more games than last season and not be in any significant danger.

3 games in to the season and it's panic stations. If we're in trouble after the first 9/10 games and sitting bottom and haven't managed to beat Killy, Partick, Hamilton etc. then yes, I'll agree.

Along the lines of what I was coming into the thread to say.

We most likely won't be competing with the likes of Hearts, Dundee United & Aberdeen this season, so although I'd love for us to be taking points off them I'm not going to lose the plot if we don't.

Our bread & butter this season is the teams you mentioned, Kilmarnock, Partick, Hamilton and St Johnstone possibly.