Baraclough Out

Bop

Post at 10.37 last night "should be given time to sort, knee jerk reactions of fans hurting is not the answer." In our support there will be others, although they'll be very much in the minority after last night.

Certainly entitled to their opinion, but for me, this is definitely not a "knee jerk reaction". This has been coming for a while now.

Take away the two games against Rangers in May (results for me, which are revered by the fans because of what Rangers used to be, not what they were in May). He's got very little to show for 9/10 months of work.

There is little evidence yet that the money loaned by the owner has been invested wisely in the areas you mention. The one area where we can draw judgement is the transfer market where we have been far from prudent and signed few players that are symbolic of an upgraded scouting system.

Agreed that the transfer targets have been questionable - but surely that would lie at Baraclough's door? Think the board are guilty of trusting him to much, showing too much faith in him and giving him too much of a leash. Would argue we are wasting more money on playing budget than on any capital investment.

From my understanding, Les has invested money in the club he does not expect to get back - where that has went I'm not exactly sure. But these capital investments will all prove great investments given time - we aren't going to see results in 6 months!

Upgrading our scouting, youth and physio/conditioning/diet of our players can only be positive. Building the profile in the community (which I think is where Les has put his money without expecting a return) is also a real positive.

Agreed that the transfer targets have been questionable - but surely that would lie at Baraclough's door? Think the board are guilty of trusting him to much, showing too much faith in him and giving him too much of a leash. Would argue we are wasting more money on playing budget than on any capital investment.

From my understanding, Les has invested money in the club he does not expect to get back - where that has went I'm not exactly sure. But these capital investments will all prove great investments given time - we aren't going to see results in 6 months!

Upgrading our scouting, youth and physio/conditioning/diet of our players can only be positive. Building the profile in the community (which I think is where Les has put his money without expecting a return) is also a real positive.

Time will tell but if the irresponsible backing of the manager over the summer is mirrored in the approach to physiotherapy, youth, scouting etc then I'm not overly optimistic of the final results.

Increased community presence is welcome but it's far down the list of my priorities when the club as a business, has flirted with survival in recent years.

I was on the fence and I didn't think last night would change that regardless of the result, Saturday was that point for me.

However, after standing there watching the same old shite, same formation, Jake fucking Taylor playing hide n seek, I am out.

I can't take it anymore. I don't think we will sack him, I don't think he will walk. Fuck knows what will happen.

On Saturday, If it is 451 again, I don't know how long I will stay.

Certainly entitled to their opinion, but for me, this is definitely not a "knee jerk reaction". This has been coming for a while now.

Take away the two games against Rangers in May (results for me, which are revered by the fans because of what Rangers used to be, not what they were in May). He's got very little to show for 9/10 months of work.

Absolutely. If last night had been a one off then I would disagree but as you say, with the exception of the play offs, we have been unconvincing since IB took over the reins. We are displaying the very same weaknesses that we were months ago. I quite accept that new players take time to settle in and gel but they can't be given forever; certainly not in our position. I think its dangerous too to over rely on the return of Pearson and Fletcher. Those 2 players can't hide serious deficiencies elsewhere in the team.

Judging by what he said in the post match interviews he has no intention of going anywhere. He feels he's still the right man for the job, players are happy with how they're being treated and the work he's doing, angry words exchanged in the dressing room, some players on their last chance.... blah blah blah. Nothing he says ever has any substance, it's all cliche laden crap. I've yet to hear him say anything insightful or show any hint of knowledge about football. The players, media, and plenty on here saw through him from the start and it's time for the board to act before more damage is done.

I’ve missed a few games this season for one reason or another so haven’t commented too much on the style of play as you can’t judge it from highlights, however I have been reading the comments here and getting reports from those at the games and it is a worry.

I was in the give the guy more time to turn it around camp. He spoke a good game and if he could put into practice what he preached (modern, pressing football) then it would be all good. However, as time goes on it becomes obvious that he can’t do it for one reason or another. Sadly, I was told by someone ‘inside football’ when Barraclough was appointed that he was a really nice guy, had great knowledge of the game but my contact didn’t believe he had what it takes to be a manager. This seems to have played out as far as I’m concerned. Hopefully we can just get it over and done with and not drag this out any longer. We definitely have players there who are capable of a mid table finish. A bit of belief and properly sent out we should not be anywhere near last seasons predicament. Cut the guy loose now, get someone in to rescue the season.

I do have two concerns though:

- All the investment behind the scenes – are these Barracloughs guys? Will they be able to continue in the job without the manager who brought them in or do we have to pay to punt them as well? If so, then it probably hinders the decision to sack him.

- The rumours of players not towing the line and being unhappy behind the scenes. Fighting in the dressing room, spilling the beans on what happens at game prep etc etc. This all happened with Gannon and while he was a mental case, it would appear that we have an issue with players believing they are bigger than the manager – regardless of whoever that happens to be. That sort of behaviour really needs to be stamped out.
  • Like 1

I just hope the board act swiftly on this one and get him punted as soon as possible. Emotion to the side it is clearly not working for the manager or the club, he cant get his own team to gel and last night's selection and formation for me was the last straw. Yes, the players themselves most definitely have a part to play in this (no pun intended) but at the end of the day the manager hasnt showed anything much to evidence that keeping him and binning the players would be the right way to go...probably the opposite.

This lies squarely with the football committee on the board - Derek Weir, Ian Reid and Peter Kellie - so it is over to them and I really really hope they were all on the phone this morning discussing next steps

Is this the same thing as last year when the players looked as if they had downtools for McCall, have we a serious player issue at the club?

I've been saying this for a while now. Whilst the manager certainly doesn't seem to have what it takes, when you see how these players have performed under McCall and now Baraclough you have to question if there are certain poisonous elements within the dressing room?

Is this the same thing as last year when the players looked as if they had downtools for McCall, have we a serious player issue at the club?

I'm kind of doubtful about this, really. McManus aside, I'm not entirely sure we're looking at a lack of effort.

Ainsworth is working as hard as he has since he's been with us, Moult is knocking his pan in every game, Thomas, Laing, Kennedy Leitch and Lasley seem fairly committed to the cause, simply from the number of bumps they get.

Hanging players out to dry positionally and tactically doesn't necessarily mean they've 'downed tools'. Leaving full-backs exposed with weird width and centre-forwards isolated isn't a lack of effort.

I have seen no improvement in the few games I've been to this season. Add that to the fact that IB has now been in charge for the best part of a season, and now has a team made up of predominantly HIS players, then he's either incompetent as a manager or he's lost the dressing room. Regardless of which it is, the buck has to stop with him. Yes, we beat the pretendy rainjurs, but it was only the Glasgowcentric pish media that had the currants as nailed on favourites, so in reality there should have been no surprise that we beat them. Those 2 results papered over the obvious cracks, and Baraclough was given another chance; this had come home to roost now, and the board must realise that regardless of how nice a bloke he is, he's not the man to take us forwards, unless forwards means years in the wilderness of the lower divisions.

I hope this can all be done quickly and relatively painlessly, because if the board allow it to drag on the future of the club/ Well Society will look gloomy at the very least.

Alarm bells rang early on for me in his tenure as I didn't believe he could Walk the Walk, after all his Talk!!!

Nowt changed to back up the possession and pressing game quotes.

Granted, he played a blinder in the play off matches and full credit for that!

However, so many on here bought the bullshit!

A few guys also like Burn Broomfield, steel boy and the Inverness boy saw it, but were shot down here constantly.

Let's see what Happens. Depending on what side of the hammock Sir Les gets up this morning, may influence his decision.

Is it, it's no working, yer out!

Or

I personally picked you and I don't make mistakes. You've got my backing.

Time will tell, but I've got a sneaky feeling #2 will be the response.

Judging by what he said in the post match interviews he has no intention of going anywhere. He feels he's still the right man for the job, players are happy with how they're being treated and the work he's doing, angry words exchanged in the dressing room, some players on their last chance.... blah blah blah. Nothing he says ever has any substance, it's all cliche laden crap. I've yet to hear him say anything insightful or show any hint of knowledge about football. The players, media, and plenty on here saw through him from the start and it's time for the board to act before more damage is done.

What players is he singling out tho. He doesnt seem to have a clue who the problem is. Hes probably in the changing room giving ainsworth and Mcdonald it tight, but saying well done to Taylor

I don't think he will be sacked at least before Saturday. I know we all know it's only a matter of time I think the club will wait to see the outcome of the Partick game and possibly Dundee too.

I wanted him to succeed (as I do with every Motherwell manager) but his talk and vision about our style of football seemed to be exactly what I wanted. However he's failed to deliver that and the team selections since Ross County game have been baffling. The sooner the inevitable happens then the club can sort out the mess and move up the table.

I'm hoping he's here for another 5/6 weeks.

The last thing I want is a new guy coming in and being hit with Celtic and Aberdeen as his first two games as you would have to think we will lose them regardless.

IF a new guy comes in it has to be set up to have the most positive possible start...and removing even the possibility of a new manager bounce with two potential pumpings is not the way to go.

If we're going to lose them anyway, i'd rather just stick with the status quo now, and then have a new guy kicking off against Killie, where there's at least the possibility of a result to kick us off on a more positive note.

• Like 1