Baraclough Out

Bop

Genuinely didn't think we would do that, but glad we have taken action.

It's a strange one as I genuinely think across the fanbase there's no actual dislike, which is rare when getting rid is such a sweeping view, but I think for the most part everyone really liked him and wanted things to work out, I certainly did. Just a case of good guy who didn't have what was needed.

You think so? I think he was fighting a losing battle with a lot of our support from day one for some reason. Not sure if it's because he was chosen over 'Well legend MVG or what, but he certainly wasn't embraced as other managers have been by the support.

Wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's more than happy to see the back of us as well to be fair.

I reckon there was much more going on behind the scenes that we dont know about. The boards stance 7 months ago was that it was a long term appointment and one for the future. So very surprising to see him go so soon.

A very likable guy... but the best decision was made. We CANNOT be in the same position as we were last year. Crags in to stop the rot, win at the weekend and get us back on track. Maybe we will even see players like Taylor improving if he is given the correct coaching. Who knows

Genuinely didn't think we would do that, but glad we have taken action.

It's a strange one as I genuinely think across the fanbase there's no actual dislike, which is rare when getting rid is such a sweeping view, but I think for the most part everyone really liked him and wanted things to work out, I certainly did. Just a case of good guy who didn't have what was needed.

Aye, most people seem to have taken pity on him rather than any outright hatred. His career was already in last chance saloon when he got here.
  • Like 1

You think so? I think he was fighting a losing battle with a lot of our support from day one for some reason. Not sure if it's because he was chosen over 'Well legend MVG or what, but he certainly wasn't embraced as other managers have been by the support.

Wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's more than happy to see the back of us as well to be fair.

Im talking about on a personal level, as opposed to the view when the fans wanted someone like Malpas out....terrible at his job and just came across as a terrible guy.

I agree there was a cross-section of people that never embraced Baraclough as manager, but I would imagine most would (and probably still would) stand and have a pint with him. I would imagine if he is ever the manager of another side that played us, he would probably be made fairly welcome at Fir Park. We would also more than likely be glad of a relatively easy 3 points...but I am sure there would be none of the animosity that you would expect towards a former manager that literally EVERYONE wanted out.

Good guy in the wrong job that was too big for him.

Not surprised or dissapointed hes gone.

I will always remember him for the game against Rangers wether it was down to a great performance by us or just a shit Rangers team.

That was still one of the best nights of my time being a Motherwell supporter and even though how bad things have gone, he still leaves with my best wishes and thanks for THAT game.

Onwards and Upwards

• Like 2

Aye, he's one of those managers who'll now enter into a strange little Hall Of Fame of sorts, alongside Gannon and Kampmann. He'll always be known as the guy who masterminded the destruction of Rangers promotion, and managed to embarrass ex-manager Stuart McCall.

My longstanding memory of the guy can be summed up in this gif;

stuart.gif

I reckon there was much more going on behind the scenes that we dont know about. The boards stance 7 months ago was that it was a long term appointment and one for the future. So very surprising to see him go so

soon.

What are craigan managerial and coaching credentials...we've just had to punt a manager,let's have a good think about where we go from here

.best of luck ,Iain ,don't like to see this happen,but ultimately it was coming.Good few players need to have a look atvthemselves

A very likable guy... but the best decision was made. We CANNOT be in the same position as we were last year. Crags in to stop the rot, win at the weekend and get us back on track. Maybe we will even see players like Taylor improving if he is given the correct coaching. Who knows

Im talking about on a personal level, as opposed to the view when the fans wanted someone like Malpas out....terrible at his job and just came across as a terrible guy.

I agree there was a cross-section of people that never embraced Baraclough as manager, but I would imagine most would (and probably still would) stand and have a pint with him. I would imagine if he is ever the manager of another side that played us, he would probably be made fairly welcome at Fir Park. We would also more than likely be glad of a relatively easy 3 points...but I am sure there would be no animosity that you would expect when literally EVERYONE wants you out.

Good guy in the wrong job.

Correct. Malpas was a tosser and shite.

Baraclough seemed a genuinely nice bloke, and also claims the Stegosaurus is his favourite dinosaur, so he's a good cunt as far as I'm concerned. Sadly, it just wasn't working for him.

Yoga is fucking brilliant, tbf.

That may be so, but if and when we appoint a "real" football manager like Billy Reid, Jim Jeffries, Jimmy Calderwood etc that kind of pish will be right out the window! Chips and burgers back on the players lunch menu as well! The players who downed tools will be carrying the new gaffer around on their shoulders!

That may be so, but if and when we appoint a "real" football manager like Billy Reid, Jim Jeffries, Jimmy Calderwood etc that kind of pish will be right out the window! Chips and burgers back on the players lunch menu as well! The players who downed tools will be carrying the new gaffer around on their shoulders!

Or maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle?