Baraclough Out

Bop

Hopefully Craigan and Robinson get the reigns in the short term at least......

W

What are craigan managerial and coaching credentials...we've just had to punt a manager,let's have a good think about where we go from here

.best of luck ,Iain ,don't like to see this happen,but ultimately it was coming.Good few players need to have a look atvthemselves

Given the way last season went and the way this one has been shaping up it was fairly inevitable. It clearly wasn't working. The fact that we've got a couple of potentially winnable games coming up and an international break means that it's an ideal time to make a change.

I genuinely think there's a decent enough team in the squad he's put together but it needs to be someone who actually knows how to set up a team.

All the best Bara, cheers for the 6-1 chief.

Not surprised or dissapointed hes gone.

I will always remember him for the game against Rangers wether it was down to a great performance by us or just a shit Rangers team.

That was still one of the best nights of my time being a Motherwell supporter and even though how bad things have gone, he still leaves with my best wishes and thanks for THAT game.

Onwards and Upwards

Aye lets draw a line under it.

• Like 5

[quote name=Shire Greats" post="453692" t

What are craigan managerial and coaching credentials...we've just had to punt a manager,let's have a good think about where we go from here

.best of luck ,Iain ,don't like to see this happen,but ultimately it was coming.Good few players need to have a look atvthemselves

imestamp="1443021656]

Well aware he has no current credentials which is why I qualified it by "short term".

Unfortunately there arent many managers with proven managerial credentials that would want to come to us. Therefore any appointment comes with a degree of risk. I said on the other thread we should let Craggs take the reigns while we scout options. If he makes a good start and nobody more impressive comes along, maybe we stop looking......

Good luck for the future Ian.

Never good when someone loses their job[/quote

It never is nice.

However, the fact that his management role didn't improve things and with supposed unrest in the background, other jobs including the clubs future were at stake.

Looks like Les Hutchinson as a hard necked businessman, took the decision to terminate ASAP.

Nothing against I.B. But he was the wrong man for the job in the first place.

Hope lessons were learned and we attract the right man this time round.

imestamp="1443021656"]

Well aware he has no current credentials which is why I qualified it by "short term".

Unfortunately there arent many managers with proven managerial credentials that would want to come to us. Therefore any appointment comes with a degree of risk. I

said on the other thread we should let Craggs take the reigns while we scout options. If he makes a good start and nobody more impressive comes along, maybe we stop looking......

Who knows, Craigan could turn out to be a top notch manager, there's more to it than tactics, formations etc but I Don't think other premiership teams would consider

appointing someone with no managerial experience.....maybe bring in an old head to start with ....Tam McClean?

The only decision that could be made. There was no where else to go. I'm afraid Baraclough was badly caught out as nothing more than a patter merchant without out any leadership ability, tactical thinking and a long hard streak of self delusion.

In short, one of the worst managers in our history. After 9 months in charge we are further back than we were when McCall left. Whoever takes over will have a very difficult job due to 15 months of poor morale and terrible results, as well as a poor squad of players with huge holes in vital positions due to negligence by a manager who was found to be quite simply out of his depth.

I'll bet that new Yoga instructor that the club had hired at the behest of Baraclough will be out the door as well!

Probably, stupid top clubs can keep their fancy-dan ideas to themselves.

What do they know about playing Morton on a averagely warm night in September??

• Like 1

Liked the guy and was really hoping it was going to work out for him and us and as others have said I don't like to see anyone losing their job,

but

Football doesn't give shit if you are a good guy or not, results and performances have been really poor, some baffling team selections, formations and signing have all led up to this and it is the correct decison at the correct time.

Thanks for the playoff's Ian and the joy of beating Rangers home and away and keeping them down, but I for one won't miss the post match platitudes.

Focus now switches to the players, time for them to get their respective arses in gear.

It was almost inevitable that we'd part company this week.

Good luck to him in the future. Not currently cut out for management at this level but will always be grateful for Ibrox. Far better managers than him couldn't have handled the playoffs with the composure and determination that Baraclough exhibited.

Interested to hear the thoughts of Hutchison and Burrows who gave the manager great backing, Jackson Irvine aside.

I'm hoping he's here for another 5/6 weeks.

The last thing I want is a new guy coming in and being hit with Celtic and Aberdeen as his first two games as you would have to think we will lose them regardless.

IF a new guy comes in it has to be set up to have the most positive possible start...and removing even the possibility of a new manager bounce with two potential pumpings is not the way to go.

If we're going to lose them anyway, i'd rather just stick with the status quo now, and then have a new guy kicking off against Killie, where there's at least the possibility of a result to kick us off on a more positive note.

I see you where you are coming from with that but the counter argument is that the extra time on the training ground and a few matches which are basically shots to nothing are worth more than a couple of hidings which no one (and i can guarantee not even me) will blame the new man for.

Every season the clock is ticking from day one, every game and training session has value. Waiting a few weeks or writing off games is the wrong way to go about things. You can never get that time back.

Who knows, Craigan could turn out to be a top notch manager, there's more to it than tactics, formations etc but I Don't think other premiership teams would consider

appointing someone with no managerial experience.....maybe bring in an old head to start with ....Tam McClean?

What's with this obsession among our support to bring in feckin pensioners who have had no involvement in football in at leat 25 years ie McLean. Brown, Calderwood etc aye they will sort us out

After 9 months in charge we are further back than we were when McCall left.

I don't agree with this at all. I think the setup of the club as a whole is in a much better place than under McCall, and although a lot of players have been under performing, and some may not be good enough, McCall simply had no options due to having a tiny squad.

We at least now have options to shuffle the pack and try different things.