Baraclough Out

Bop

I have heard that Luc Nijholt is only a call away and the Freddie Dindeleux has been seen in the shop.

From Skybet's list http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

Stephen Craigan 6/4 Danny Lennon 4/1 Mixu Paatelainen 8/1 Keith Lasley 8/1 James Fowler 8/1 Stuart McCall 8/1 Peter Houston 10/1 Jim McIntyre 16/1 Ray McKinnon 20/1 Martin Canning 20/1 Pat Fenlon 25/1 Jim Duffy 25/1 Paul Hartley 25/1 John Hughes 25/1 Stevie Aiken 33/1 Allan Johnstone 33/1 Mark McGhee 33/1 Terry Butcher 33/1 Craig Brown 50/1

If it was me, I'd happilly appoint Allan Johnstone, his Dunfermline team are the highest scorers in Scotland (at least prior to the League cup games midweek) and it would really let me annoy my sister as they are her team. :)

Personal fantasies and wind ups aside, from that list apart from maybe McGhee I either don't like the names or don't enough about them to say he'll do.

Johnston wasn't very popular at Killie as far as I recall, although I think a lot of the problems were blamed on his namesake in the boardroom.

His record at Dunfermline is impressive as was the case at queen of the South, but in both instances he was managing a full time club in a part time league.

I have heard that Luc Nijholt is only a call away and the Freddie Dindeleux has been seen in the shop.

From Skybet's list http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

Stephen Craigan 6/4 Danny Lennon 4/1 Mixu Paatelainen 8/1 Keith Lasley 8/1 James Fowler 8/1 Stuart McCall 8/1 Peter Houston 10/1 Jim McIntyre 16/1 Ray McKinnon 20/1 Martin Canning 20/1 Pat Fenlon 25/1 Jim Duffy 25/1 Paul Hartley 25/1 John Hughes 25/1 Stevie Aiken 33/1 Allan Johnstone 33/1 Mark McGhee 33/1 Terry Butcher 33/1 Craig Brown 50/1

If it was me, I'd happilly appoint Allan Johnstone, his Dunfermline team are the highest scorers in Scotland (at least prior to the League cup games midweek) and it would really let me annoy my sister as they are her team. :)

Personal fantasies and wind ups aside, from that list apart from maybe McGhee I either don't like the names or don't enough about them to say he'll do.

Please no not one of them !!! Fuckin hell

Was wondering if Baraclough suffered from not being "well known" in football?

Mark McGhee, Stuart McCall and Craig Brown all had pedigree be on the international stage and would have commanded respect with their name alone.

Baraclough, like Gannon before him, was a somewhat unknown quantity in football with many in our team having arguably achieved more than him in the game and maybe there was a "who are you" mentality from the players?

Just a thought...

Was wondering if Baraclough suffered from not being "well known" in football?

Mark McGhee, Stuart McCall and Craig Brown all had pedigree be on the international stage and would have commanded respect with their name alone.

Baraclough, like Gannon before him, was a somewhat unknown quantity in football with many in our team having arguably achieved more than him in the game and maybe there was a "who are you" mentality from the players?

Just a thought...

This, in addition to the idea that 'his face didn't fit' and it was because he said he'd 'win the league' is all total nonsense, imo. He made shite selections with shite tactics, which exposed our weaknesses. That's nothing to do with player power, or some kind of media conspiracy against him. The idea that anyone gives enough of a fuck about us to develop a conspiracy is remarkable.

This, in addition to the idea that 'his face didn't fit' and it was because he said he'd 'win the league' is all total nonsense, imo. He made shite selections with shite tactics, which exposed our weaknesses. That's nothing to do with player power, or some kind of media conspiracy against him. The idea that anyone gives enough of a fuck about us to develop a conspiracy is remarkable.

I agree in so much as the selections, tactics thing is a complete fundamental and bottom line thing. If he had put out a team that won games he'd, presumably, still be in a job.

Nevertheless, I don't think any of the other stuff helped his case though.

I agree in so much as the selections, tactics thing is a complete fundamental and bottom line thing. If he had put out a team that won games he'd, presumably, still be in a job.

Nevertheless, I don't think any of the other stuff helped his case though.

I think there is undoubtedly a cliquey element to Scottish football and the media that cover it.

Outsiders are rarely made welcome and often undermined from day 1.

Ronnie Deila looked like he was in for a rough ride, but seems to have turned it around a bit.

Barraclough hasn't done well enough to turn that around, in fact the one good thing he did in hammering Rangers may have been more of a hindrance than a help in that regard.

I can't believe the amount of comments include the "Win the League" patter, It was a throw away jokey comment.

Quite but it was something that the media picked up on in a sort of 'point and laugh' at the unknown English guy at Motherwell type way. Not suggesting that there was some sort of a media conspiracy or that it's *why* he lost his job. All I'm saying is that the coverage he got off of what was a throw away comment very early on damaged his credibility as soon as he walked in the door. It's less the comment itself and more how it was treated.

Ultimately if he had put out a well organised, well coached team that won games none of that would have mattered.

I agree as the season progressed his team selections were becoming more bizarre as if he had no idea to stop the malaise and was just hoping a random team would click.

A very reliable source told me that towards the end of last season Mcdonald questioned barracloughs team selection and tactics in the dressing room before the game and that Mcdonald had generally too much say in team matters.

Although given that he was signed on again this season barraclough must have respected his opinions

Unless the signing of players actually wasn't down to Baraclough? I know it's open season on bullshit and conspiracies, but the haphazard signing policy of late reeks of someone with a bit too much money and not enough football knowledge. I know Baraclough isn't considered the most capable of football managers by some of our support, but he has been around the managerial game for five years, and played for at a reasonable level for around fifteen more.

Whilst he may not have been Mourinho-esque is his tactical ability you'd think he would know how many strikers a club required?

As others have said, there's something slightly odd about how our club has been since Les took over.

I think there is undoubtedly a cliquey element to Scottish football and the media that cover it.

Outsiders are rarely made welcome and often undermined from day 1.

Ronnie Deila looked like he was in for a rough ride, but seems to have turned it around a bit.

Barraclough hasn't done well enough to turn that around, in fact the one good thing he did in hammering Rangers may have been more of a hindrance than a help in that regard.

Hammering Rangers was a hinderance? Eh?

Deila turned it round...because he won games. That's not cliquey, that's not undermining him, that's part and parcel of being a football manager. If you don't win things, you get slated.

Tony Mowbray had been around in Scotland for ages and got slaughtered in the press, was he undermined, was that the Scottish media clique finishing him off? Or was that because he was out of his depth, signed shite and lost to St. Mirren?

I realise opinions change and things soften the more time passes, but this idea that Baraclough wasn't given a fair crack of the whip is nonsense. The facts are as follows: He took over and we were tenth, we finished eleventh. We had survival in our own hands, despite our own failures for far longer than we should have, and we still didn't manage it. He took us on an 8 game streak without winning (conceding an eye-watering 23 goals, including 5 against Accies and 4 against Dundee). He was backed in two transfer windows, by an amount that previous Motherwell managers could have dreamed of. He got bigger away support and turnouts than I can remember, and summarily failed to deliver. He scraped past a part-time third division team because we were marginally fitter than them in the league cup, before losing to a team a division below us. Lost 3/4 games against Accies.

Yes, the results against Rangers were fucking brilliant, that isn't up for debate, but as good as we were in those games, they were also total piss.

He was backed by fans and club, he failed to deliver, it's a shame, but lets not re-write history here.

Deila turned it round...because he won games. That's not cliquey, that's not undermining him, that's part and parcel of being a football manager. If you don't win things, you get slated.

This. Just to clarify, my mention of the 'win the league' comment wasn't an attempt to re-write history or pass off Baraclough's tenure as being the result of a media conspiracy or that the fact he's out a job is for any other reason than he couldn't turn it around. All I was saying was that he didn't help himself. No more, no less.

If he had gone on and won games consistently and actually shown that he could manage the team then he'd still be in a job. It's difficult to argue with thisGraeme's comment above.

He looked out of his depth from the start. Erratic comments and erratic signings to match erratic performances. Although to be fair the perfromances were becoming more consistent than erratic. They were consistently awful. Even when we won we looked awful. When we drew with County the other week everyone knew we didn't deserve a draw. (And add to that he was spending way more money than we should be in our financial predicament, though that is down to the board and Hutchison too) The longer he stayed in the more things would unravel uncontrollably. Entropy.

He was indeed. Talked a great game, unfortunately couldn't transfer that positive attitude to the team on the park. The onus is now on the players to step up to the plate.

That onus should have been there from the first game of the season. It's what being a professional is supposed to mean.

• Like 2

I kind off see what people mean by uninspiring names but when Aberdeen appointed Mcinnes he had stalled in his career and has done not to bad a job at Shitoddrie (albeit well backed financially) a lot of sheep fans were upset by the appointment sat the time and were saying it was a cheap option.

Also look at Ross County they got Jim Mcintyre who was not what you call inspiring but look what he has achieved.

If McCall's name had been mentioned prior to him joining I would have said thats underwhelming but he did achieve decent success. McGhee was pumped by a few teams prior to joining us too and that was a risk.

I guess we will just have to hope the board make the right choice and he fits in well (pun intended).

• Like 1